Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Google Wallet Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2013, 3:34 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
How long did it take for the money to settle in your bank account? I withdrew yesterday and haven't seen the money yet. Ant BTW, I withdrew to BB.
Old May 22, 2013, 3:45 pm

Programs: DL, WoH
Originally Posted by Preacher7
How long did it take for the money to settle in your bank account? I withdrew yesterday and haven't seen the money yet. Ant BTW, I withdrew to BB.
How did you do a ACH push to BB?

This might be a dumb question....or maybe answered already?
Old May 22, 2013, 3:48 pm

Programs: AA, BA, CX, DL, EK, F9, GA, HA, IB, JL, KE, LH, MH, NH, OS, PG, QR, RJ, SA, TG, UA, VN, WN, ZH
Originally Posted by ricohitman
How did you do a ACH push to BB?

This might be a dumb question....or maybe answered already?
BB > Diret deposit > Get routing & account # > Enter those #'s into GW as bank source > Get verified > Tada!
Old May 22, 2013, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by lad2
BB > Diret deposit > Get routing & account # > Enter those #'s into GW as bank source > Get verified > Tada!
Is this violating BB's "*Please note that the Bluebird Account number and Bank Routing numbers found on the Bluebird Direct Deposit form can only be used for adding your paycheck or Government Payments to the Bluebird Account and cannot be used for other payments." ?
I hope not... :S
Old May 22, 2013, 3:58 pm

Programs: DL, WoH
I don't think I'll mess with that one...Good luck.
Old May 22, 2013, 4:07 pm

Programs: AA, BA, CX, DL, EK, F9, GA, HA, IB, JL, KE, LH, MH, NH, OS, PG, QR, RJ, SA, TG, UA, VN, WN, ZH
Originally Posted by SuperKirby
Is this violating BB's "*Please note that the Bluebird Account number and Bank Routing numbers found on the Bluebird Direct Deposit form can only be used for adding your paycheck or Government Payments to the Bluebird Account and cannot be used for other payments." ?
I hope not... :S
Here's the whole part you found in the FAQs
*Please note that the Bluebird Account number and Bank Routing numbers found on the Bluebird Direct Deposit form can only be used for adding your paycheck or Government Payments to the Bluebird Account and cannot be used for other payments. For payments from your Bluebird Account, please use the Pay Bills option.
That's not in the T&C section. It's just bascially telling you that ACH transactions initiated from external source(s) to BB can only be used to push money in, not vice versa, pulling money out.

For that purpose (taking money out), you have to initiated from BB side and the only option to do that electronically (ACH) is via BB's Pay Bills function.

In short, ACH from external source(s) can onlly be done one way (deposit).
ACH from internal (BB) can be both ways: out => PayBills, in => Add Funds.
Old May 22, 2013, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by ricohitman
I don't think I'll mess with that one...Good luck.
Do whatever you're most comfortable with. Good for you! ^
Old May 22, 2013, 4:14 pm

Programs: UA PLAT, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Have you moved any large $ amount since doing this? Or just verified the account?
Old May 22, 2013, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by ThereYaGo
Have you moved any large $ amount since doing this? Or just verified the account?
Define large ...
Old May 22, 2013, 4:43 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, DL Gold
Rather than manufacture spend, I just tried as an unloading technique on gift cards with PIN (seen as a debit with a $1 hold/pre-auth).

At this point, with free Chase GCs and a large supply of grocery store GCs, I'm overwhelming BB, can only deposit so many MOs, and don't love AFT with the higher fees.

Will be interesting to see if I get the letter as it's much harder to argue a debit card generating points, but we shall see....

Last edited by UTmtnbiker; May 22, 2013 at 4:48 pm
Old May 22, 2013, 5:15 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
How long is it taking for your withdrawals to settle in your bank account?
Old May 22, 2013, 6:23 pm

Programs: Bunch of mid-tiers
Originally Posted by UTmtnbiker
Rather than manufacture spend, I just tried as an unloading technique on gift cards with PIN (seen as a debit with a $1 hold/...
By this do you mean you linked a debit GC to GW? The one I tried (Metabank) did not work.

All right, I'm intrigued and will try this in the next week.
Old May 22, 2013, 6:28 pm

Email 1

Hello XXX,

Google has cancelled this transaction because of unusual account activity. $0.01 has been refunded to your MasterCard-XXXX. It may take a fews days for the refund to show up on your account transaction history.

Sincerely,

The Google Wallet Team
-------------------
Email 2

Hello XXX,

Google has cancelled this transaction because of unusual account activity. $0.01 has been returned to XXX. If you think this was an error, please contact us immediately.

Sincerely,

The Google Wallet Team
------

I had invited someone by sending a penny and he then sent it back to me (even though I specifically asked him not too). Both transactions are now reversed.
Old May 22, 2013, 6:30 pm

Programs: Delta GM, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by aegt123
Hello XXX,

Google has cancelled this transaction because of unusual account activity. $0.01 has been refunded to your MasterCard-XXXX. It may take a fews days for the refund to show up on your account transaction history.

Sincerely,

The Google Wallet Team
Unusual activity for a penny? Were you sending pennies to multiple people?
Old May 22, 2013, 6:42 pm

Programs: Bunch of mid-tiers
Originally Posted by aegt123

I had invited someone by sending a penny and he then sent it back to me (even though I specifically asked him not too). Both transactions are now reversed.
Well that's not good news. I sent a friend a penny this AM, and then she reversed it back to me despite me telling her not to. Then she asked me to re-send it to a different gmail because her first one could not get verified, and I stupidly sent it again...

I guess I will await my e-mail.

Last edited by ctbarron; May 22, 2013 at 6:43 pm Reason: spelling

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.