PIN available now for Visa/MC prepaid debit cards(2013-2016).

Subscribe
PIN available now for Visa/MC prepaid debit cards.
At our local Walmart, the MoneyExpress ATM is always closed (the message on the screen says 'CLOSED'). The customer service person always give me a hard time about the gift cards and they never go through. It's possible they may be pressing the wrong items (debit/credit) but there is no way to tell. Just ranting because I'm stuck with a bunch of GCs now..
Quote: At our local Walmart, the MoneyExpress ATM is always closed (the message on the screen says 'CLOSED'). The customer service person always give me a hard time about the gift cards and they never go through. It's possible they may be pressing the wrong items (debit/credit) but there is no way to tell. Just ranting because I'm stuck with a bunch of GCs now..
Try another store like kroger or harris teeter or rite aid for mos
You have a pin so if they know how to hit debit these should work
Quote: First off this thread isn't about you... So please get over yourself.
Second, this thread is very long and info get's buried so instead of reading hundreds of post it is easier for someone to just ask a question.
Lastly, this thread isn't about you, so please get over yourself.
My bad...didn't know people couldn't read.
Quote: Can we please keep the posts to info that hasn't already been stated. It seems the error messages are similar. Unless you have a new development please stop extending the length of this thread. Check your BB loads. Check that you have the right pin number. If and only if those things have been met post data points.
I, and I suspect others, find it helpful to understand the severity / pervasiveness of a problem and do not mind multiple confirmatory posts. If one person posts an issue, for all we know, it could be user error. If three post in close succession, that is far less likely.
Quote: that calculation includes the ~400 annual fee?
Perhaps they have the card for other benefits??
Quote: At our local Walmart, the MoneyExpress ATM is always closed (the message on the screen says 'CLOSED'). The customer service person always give me a hard time about the gift cards and they never go through. It's possible they may be pressing the wrong items (debit/credit) but there is no way to tell. Just ranting because I'm stuck with a bunch of GCs now..
Ask the clerk to run it through their card reader. That solved the problem for me at the WM I went to.
Search out another WM.
This morning, the CSR at my local WM successfully loaded two Chase GCs to my Bluebird..... the same place I was rejected last week. It is always worth a second try.....
Quote: First off this thread isn't about you... So please get over yourself.
Second, this thread is very long and info get's buried so instead of reading hundreds of post it is easier for someone to just ask a question.
Lastly, this thread isn't about you, so please get over yourself.
You don't even see your own hypocrisy, do you?
Quote: This morning, the CSR at my local WM successfully loaded two Chase GCs to my Bluebird..... the same place I was rejected last week. It is always worth a second try.....
I loaded multiple cards on my Bluebird this morning, and all is working well.
Quote: I loaded multiple cards on my Bluebird this morning, and all is working well.
same here, drove by 2 WMs, $500 to BB at one locations by service desk, another $500 at another location by ATM
Has anyone had issues with the kiosk needing a store login to continue to process? I posted an episode I just had loading my BB and my GB (as well as my wife's GB card) at a kiosk yesterday.

It seems to me that the kiosk was requesting a login due to multiple high denomination loads taking place at the kiosk regardless of the owner of the card trying to do the transaction. Anyone have similar experiences?
Quote: Has anyone had issues with the kiosk needing a store login to continue to process? I posted an episode I just had loading my BB and my GB (as well as my wife's GB card) at a kiosk yesterday.

It seems to me that the kiosk was requesting a login due to multiple high denomination loads taking place at the kiosk regardless of the owner of the card trying to do the transaction. Anyone have similar experiences?
Lots of reports of this in the chase gift card thread, you should check it out. I can confirm personally too. Anything over $2k at my usual walmart locks the kiosk down, needing an assistant.
Quote: Has anyone had issues with the kiosk needing a store login to continue to process? I posted an episode I just had loading my BB and my GB (as well as my wife's GB card) at a kiosk yesterday.

Several people, me included, have reported the same experience: 3 x $500 load fine, the fourth requires a store log in.

YMMV regarding getting an employee to log in and reset the machine.
It is most likely they hit the wrong button.

Today my very competent very friendly cashier hit the wrong button (because of her elaborately decorated artificial long nails) and the thing spit out the Debit Not Available error 51 chit. But since she is very competent, she immediately knows what is wrong. She re-did it and told me to swipe again. It went right thru. I loaded 1 BB with 2 Chase GCs and 1 BB with 1 Chase GC + 1 Vanilla GC. 2 Transactions.

I normally did 2 GCs on one transaction, simple and easy. And I never use Kiosk always at the desk whether it is Money Center or the regular CS desk when it is not a SuperCenter.

The key is NOT to visit on a Pay Day or the following 2 days. The week that leads to the Pay Day, there is No Line. Such as today despite it is a Sunday around 1pm, there was no line when I dropped by. In fact my favorite cashier was walking outside the Money Center and I grabbed her back in.

For those of you who want to use the Kiosks, may be you want to give a 10 min break between loads - take a walk around the store and consider it as your exercise, then come back to finish the remaining - try this, probably would work and no need to get an employee to re-set the machine.
46  86  90  91  92  93  94  95  96  97  98  99  100  101  102  106  146  196