Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 15, 2014, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Steve Oh
What we know so far, that we are happy to share, and won't get the hump when other people ask us or other people get the hump cos we know something they don't.

3V / Pay.com cards are no more

That is all.
Print Wikipost

Manufactured Spend UK

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2015, 1:17 am

Originally Posted by itsjustbilly
do you guys still get the 3v cards? my local tesco stocks them, i drove far and wide and others seem not to.

I have tried and tested and have a complete method to cycle the cards but i want to secure a decent supply before i divulge here
If your local stocks them why drive far and wide? Just buy them all before someone else does!

Keep your spend routes to yourself or you won't find any in you local either.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 3:20 pm

Programs: Nandos Chillis
do you guys still get the 3v cards? my local tesco stocks them, i drove far and wide and others seem not to.

I have tried and tested and have a complete method to cycle the cards but i want to secure a decent supply before i divulge here
Well done for finding a route, but nowadays sharing viable cycle routes seem to either be confined within covert experts exchange type deals or simply not divulged at all!
Old Aug 28, 2015, 4:26 am

Programs: OW Saphire, Club Carlson Gold
It is because as soon as something is made public the uptake closes the route within days.

The best advice i heard was to research some of the methods that were used in the past and look for your own routes that are similar.

It does take time and dedication however. The sucess depends on how much investment of effort is made. There are lucrative routes still available.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 5:42 am

Programs: BAEC
Has anyone used the Pay.com cards on Foreign currency transactions before? Is there a charge?
Was going to widen my search on opportunities for spend, but wanted to know if it was worth my time bothering.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by steve1975l
If your local stocks them why drive far and wide? Just buy them all before someone else does!

Keep your spend routes to yourself or you won't find any in you local either.
Well i depleted the entire shelfs in two tesco and now they have been replace with the ones with a fee.

There is strong money to be made here if i could source these i could easily hit my threshold of clubcard points per quarter in 2 - 3 days

Last edited by itsjustbilly; Aug 28, 2015 at 8:46 am
Old Aug 28, 2015, 8:13 am

Well i depleted the entire shelfs in two tesco and now they have been replace with the ones with a fee.

There is strong money to be made here if i could source these i could easily hit my threshold of clubcard points per quarter in 2 - 3 days

Good for you but 74p of fuel save doesn't impress me and I suggest removing the picture as you left all kind of useful information on it so you can be found and points stripped. Easy come, easy go.

Yes there is as long as the free points continue. Filling up ONE clubcard is the easy part...
Old Aug 28, 2015, 11:15 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, Avis Preferred Plus, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by TheUrbanite
Just to throw in a word of caution about commemorative coins above £2, spending them isn't easy. Nowhere has to accept them. I got rid of mine by depositing them into a bank, but it wasn't an easy process and I'm not sure I'd bother again or recommend it! I did it to meet the signup bonus for a MBNA Virgin Atlantic Black CC - the Visa gives 1 point per mile and Virgin's redemption rates are fair for the time being.
Would be interested to know what the process was (and which bank).

I could be very tempted if they can be disposed of at face value, even with a little hassle.

Ebay worries me, even if they do sell above face value, given that they must be very high-risk items for fraud. Does seller protection apply?
Old Aug 28, 2015, 10:23 pm

Programs: Nandos Chillis
Originally Posted by mad_rich
Would be interested to know what the process was (and which bank).

I could be very tempted if they can be disposed of at face value, even with a little hassle.

Ebay worries me, even if they do sell above face value, given that they must be very high-risk items for fraud. Does seller protection apply?
There's limited mileage in it as the RM restricts the number of purchases per household . It was Santander. It was trying to get them to accept the coins (excessive to-ing and fro-ing, plus proving the coins were genuine) and repeatedly depositing into the same branch isn't viable, hence why it's a hassle. I wouldn't bother with the £20 coins or even the £100 coins again given there are higher value, less effort MS options available, restricted only by not wishing to trigger anti-money laundering systems. The only real use in my eyes is Amex churning as £2-3k isn't unreachable through this method.

Reportedly Co-op also take them. Haven't found out yet as there isn't a branch too close to me (extremes of NW London). The account is there though, thanks to a rather generous topcashback offer that doesn't require a switch or any other action other than signing up. Pity they're stingy with the interest (0%!!) otherwise I might even have made a deposit.

Last edited by tcook052; Aug 29, 2015 at 6:16 am Reason: content
Old Aug 29, 2015, 1:35 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, Avis Preferred Plus, Amex Plat
Thanks.

I have a Santander account so may take a punt, as I need to meet a looming spending target on Visa!

Royal Mint have a 30-day return policy, so at least this buys me time. I can always return the coins and meet the spend elsewhere if depositing is no-go!
Old Aug 29, 2015, 6:01 am

Programs: OW Saphire, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by dom462
Has anyone used the Pay.com cards on Foreign currency transactions before? Is there a charge?
Was going to widen my search on opportunities for spend, but wanted to know if it was worth my time bothering.
2.75% loading over visa rate.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 1:41 am

Programs: BA, VS, Tesco
okay spent the last coupla days reading all the posts and I guess we dont actualy post here but just let others know
is this right???

iv got a way to spends loads without spending anything
lemme know if ur intersted
Old Sep 2, 2015, 7:55 am
used to be 'AndrewSJGrant'

Programs: Black
Hi whatdopointsmake,

I have several lucrative methods which I would be willing to share for the correct deal :-)

PM me if you like and we can chat.

Cheers
Old Sep 2, 2015, 8:21 am

Programs: BA, VS, Tesco
my mailbox is blocked cos im new but as i thought theres more peeps reading this stuff than than is posting on here

what sort of stuff can we talk about???
Old Sep 2, 2015, 9:40 am
used to be 'AndrewSJGrant'

Programs: Black
Nothing until your PMs start working
Old Sep 2, 2015, 10:03 am

Hi everyone, been reading through this thread intently and as a result registered on paidtoshop.co.uk for more tips, however I can't seem to view the Tesco board or make any posts, I activated my account there with the link in the email and everything.

Would anyone be able to help me?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.