Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Simple: The next pre-paid to rival Bluebird?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 23, 2014, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MasterCharge
https://simple.com/

It’s Simple
Use the Simple card for all your purchases. See transactions appear in your account in seconds.

Pay Anyone
The fastest, most intuitive way to pay your friends and pay your bills–by check or electronic funds transfer.

Get Cash
Welcome to the largest no-fee ATM network, Allpoint®.

See limits, terms, etc.
https://simple.com/policies/bancorp-account-agreement/

...These limits are $3,000 per check ($2,000 first 30 days) with a daily maximum of $5,000 and no more than 5 per day. There can be no more than 10 checks per week with a total of $25,000, or 15 checks not to exceed $75,000. Limits may be changed based on the length of time the account is opened and account activity.
Fees (Rivals Bluebird)
https://simple.com/policies/schedule-of-fees/

Shutdowns
Yes see post 137, 287
Print Wikipost

Simple: The next pre-paid to rival Bluebird?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:40 am

Went through Lifehacker, still no invite to date. Anyone else?
Old Feb 13, 2013, 5:22 pm
jk2

Originally Posted by Xopher
Went through Lifehacker, still no invite to date. Anyone else?
I got invite last week (went through Lifehacker). Opened an account, let's see how it goes. I wish they implement to load money via reload packs or other debit cards.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 11:23 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
It's been a little while since this was first offered - anyone found it useful?
Old Mar 5, 2013, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by nwflyboy
It's been a little while since this was first offered - anyone found it useful?
Just got my invite, but with no VR load capability, seems pointless. My current bank does everything (and more). This is no BB rival.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 11:19 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by farwest101
Just got my invite, but with no VR load capability, seems pointless. My current bank does everything (and more). This is no BB rival.
That's what it seemed like to me - I don't see any great use for this.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 7:47 pm

was really excited to get the invite but I think this will just be another soft pull
Old Sep 17, 2013, 8:43 pm

applied today. will add it to the arsenal of potential weapons
Old Sep 18, 2013, 12:14 am

Got my card very quickly. Within a week. But as already been posted here, not really anything you can do with this except the MO route for now, and I got more spend I could do on MVD or WM Billpay till I get to using MOs.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 12:27 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
This really isn't a manufacturing tool, other than another account to deposit MO into. They are a bank, not whatever GoBank and BB are....
Old Sep 18, 2013, 5:55 am
jk2

Did anybody try to deposit MOs to Simple?
Old Sep 18, 2013, 7:16 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jk2
Did anybody try to deposit MOs to Simple?
That's actually how you initially had to deposit cash with them, since their ATM network doesn't take deposits. They told me to get a money order and deposit that way.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 7:58 am
jk2

Originally Posted by PainCorp
That's actually how you initially had to deposit cash with them, since their ATM network doesn't take deposits. They told me to get a money order and deposit that way.
How long it took for MO to clear? It would be nice option to deposit MOs instead of walking into bank.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 10:12 am

Seems like a good option for depositing MO, as if you burn this bridge, who cares? Not tied with any major cards/banks.

If anyone has an invite they're not using, please pass it my way.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by nrdk
Seems like a good option for depositing MO, as if you burn this bridge, who cares? Not tied with any major cards/banks.

If anyone has an invite they're not using, please pass it my way.
Wouldn't it make more sense to just have a few checking accounts to deposit MOs into at an actual bank? Why would you want to risk "burning the bridge" and possibly having your funds tied up? At least when a bank closes your account, you get a refund check within a week or so.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by JerMah
Wouldn't it make more sense to just have a few checking accounts to deposit MOs into at an actual bank? Why would you want to risk "burning the bridge" and possibly having your funds tied up? At least when a bank closes your account, you get a refund check within a week or so.
Don't see how this would be any different as far as a refund check is concerned, it's still a bank just the same, just no physical locations. They're still FDIC insured and all the other bells and whistles.

The issue with depositing at a 'real' bank would be that the major players are in both banking and CC, so if you burn US Bank, you can't get US Bank cards etc etc. I guess you could always go with a local CU, however I assume you'd run into the same thing as Simple.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.