Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 2, 2013, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
Chase Gift Cards:
GAME OVER

We’re sorry, but we no longer offer Chase Gift Cards.

We will continue to honor current Chase Gift Cards. If you have a Chase Gift Card, you may continue to use it until the funds are depleted or upon card expiration.
If your existing Chase Gift Card has been damaged, lost or stolen, you can redeem the balance or get a replacement Card by calling us at
1-866-466-0079, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Use that number if you have questions about your existing Chase Gift Card.

www.chasewebgiftpurchase.com/index.cfm - [No longer working]

https://www.chase.com/online/Checking/gift-card.htm/ [No longer working as of 9/20/13]

$500 max value per card

Can be used as debit
Call # on card to set pin

There are some limitations to using gift cards as opposed to debit cards, but these are functioning very well as debit cards. So please follow the number one rule of manufactured spend: DON"T CALL THE BANKS.
Print Wikipost

Chase Gift Cards [Ending: 9.22.2013]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2013, 12:12 pm

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Priority, SPG - AA, Hawaiian Airline, United, US Airline
Originally Posted by PainCorp
Has your card been charged? Is it still active?
The first time I called 2 days ago, they were not active yet. I think to call the second time.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 12:21 pm

Programs: UA MPE, BA Blue, AA, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Silver, HHonors Silver, National Exec, Avis First
Originally Posted by YourNameHere
I just ordered my last batch of cards if, in fact, this deal does end after the 22nd. Just want to say, it's been a great run. Thanks Chase!
+1 Ordered 7.8k today, no problems.

Last edited by Bender464; Sep 17, 2013 at 1:34 pm
Old Sep 17, 2013, 12:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by happy9zz
The first time I called 2 days ago, they were not active yet. I think to call the second time.
No, I mean is your card still working? Can you use it for other charges? I'm wondering if you got shut down....
Old Sep 17, 2013, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by Namaste1
Ordered 6 $500 cards on two different Chase credit cards. Received all 6 promptly. I was activating the cards last night but I was unable to activate card #6. The voice prompt stated "card status unknown". It then transferred me to a Chase rep who then gave me a 866 number to dial. That phone number turned out to be the number of "risk management" dept. Has this happen to anyone? I have 4 personal and 1 business credit cards from Chase. I bought a total of +/- 15 $500 cards spread out among my 5 cc cards in the past three months so I am definitely not aggressive in this regard.
when weird things happen, I try again later..... its not stable system and takes time to reset.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 12:50 pm

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Priority, SPG - AA, Hawaiian Airline, United, US Airline
Originally Posted by PainCorp
No, I mean is your card still working? Can you use it for other charges? I'm wondering if you got shut down....
yeah, I am afraid my card will be shut down, but not sure
Old Sep 17, 2013, 1:01 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by prasha11
when weird things happen, I try again later..... its not stable system and takes time to reset.
I tried again this morning to activate but still the same "card status unknown" message Talked to the Chase rep and was told the gift card was "locked" because of "suspicious activity" but told me not to worry about it Left a message with the Risk Management dept for a call back within 24 hours. Will update as soon as I hear back.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 1:13 pm

Tried to load $1K of CGC onto BB at Walmart, but the transaction was denied. Tried a second time but also denied.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by flyerred
Tried to load $1K of CGC onto BB at Walmart, but the transaction was denied. Tried a second time but also denied.
At kiosk, cashier, or Money Center? Was there a reason given for denial?
Old Sep 17, 2013, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by ddallas
At kiosk, cashier, or Money Center? Was there a reason given for denial?
I did it both times at the Money Center. Kiosk was down. No reason given. Cashier just handed me a small print out and said the whole transaction was declined.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 1:19 pm

Same thing happened to me today. I haven't hit the $5000 limit yet.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 1:21 pm

I wonder if it had something to do with their website outage?
Old Sep 17, 2013, 1:49 pm

I did it both times at the Money Center. Kiosk was down. No reason given. Cashier just handed me a small print out and said the whole transaction was declined.
What exactly did the printout say? the more info you can give us the more it will help.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 1:53 pm

I was denied also, loading at moneycenter and the moneycenter ATM. Bluebird web site is also currently down for maintenance.

Receipt said, Debit not Approved, call authorizer
Old Sep 17, 2013, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by johndunn2
I was denied also, loading at moneycenter and the moneycenter ATM. Bluebird web site is also currently down for maintenance.

Receipt said, Debit not Approved, call authorizer
Whenever it says this it's a problem on Bluebird's end. Last time it said that for me I called and was over the $5,000/month load limit.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by Superorb
Whenever it says this it's a problem on Bluebird's end. Last time it said that for me I called and was over the $5,000/month load limit.
I'm definitely still under the $5k limit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.