Old Jun 18, 2007, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
regular villa, i think.

mike
Old Jun 18, 2007, 3:10 pm

AMANKILA Pool Suite

Does anyone know if the pools pictured here are those of the POOL SUITE and NOT those of the Indrakila, Kilasari or Amankila Suite?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/35783299@N00/393804597/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dhitabeechey/90022495/

I am just wondering whether or not the private pool in the regular Pool Suite has view of the ocean. These 2 pictures look like they're taken from different suites...
Old Jun 18, 2007, 3:16 pm

Neither of the photos are of the Amankila suite.
The second photo is definitely not a standard pool suite.
The first photo might be a regular pool suite but if it is it is better than the walled in one with no sea views that i stayed in when the amankila suite was not available at christmas.
Old Jun 18, 2007, 3:20 pm

Kagehitokiri and mikeef,
I can only presume the upgrade to royal villa was from a front row regular villa. even still, it was a nice upgrade!
Old Jun 18, 2007, 4:25 pm

Hm, so which Bali hotel has a private pool with ocean view then? RITZ CARLTON? BULGARI? I think THE LEGIAN has a new Beach House, but they're asking for $2000 per night for it. :-(

Originally Posted by Pauldublin
Neither of the photos are of the Amankila suite.
The second photo is definitely not a standard pool suite.
The first photo might be a regular pool suite but if it is it is better than the walled in one with no sea views that i stayed in when the amankila suite was not available at christmas.
Old Jun 18, 2007, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

all RC villas, all bvlgari except perhaps top, a fair number of aman rooms..
Old Jun 18, 2007, 5:14 pm

Many of the villas at the fs jimbaran have sea views with plunge pool.

At amankila you will need to specify a sea view suite, some pool suites have partial seaviews but the best views are the (obviously) more expensive suites. I would like to add that the main pools at amankila are so stunning that one can easily have an amazing time there without a pool suite. The tiered pool is stunning and the beach pool is beautifully located.
Old Jun 18, 2007, 8:22 pm

Amankila Suite 34

The first one is suite 34 as I have stayed there three times. Its at the very top,and before you enter the suite there is a door on your right that connects to a seaview suite which the doors can be opened and the pool shared. No one was ever in suite 35 so we opened the door and doubled the size of our terrace which was not needed but fun to do. The terrace has ocean views as well as the pool but the room from the bed, tub, and shower, only look out on the terrace. I think this suite is pure bliss and love the 105 steps up and down to the main pool and the family who live just behind the straw wall on the walk way up and down used to own the property and can take you trecking on the near by paths which his family still farms.
Old Jun 19, 2007, 6:25 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
The 2nd photo is the Indrakila suite. But the photo doesn't do the view justice. The view is 180 degrees of pure magic, especially on a sunny day.
Old Jun 19, 2007, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

thanks ericka ^

and then amankila is actually on aman site, and i remember seeing kilasari too, its probably in the aman thread. (as well as a pic of the view from indrakila)

thanks ngfan

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jun 19, 2007 at 6:42 pm
Old Jun 19, 2007, 11:47 am

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
thanks ericka ^

and then amankila is actually on aman site, and i remember seeing kilasari too, its probably in the aman thread. (as well as a pic of the view from indrakila)
Et voilà, Kilasari Suite: http://fotoalbum.web.de/gast/amanjiw...Suite_Amankila

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.