Wiki Posts
Search

Langham Hong Kong

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2006, 8:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 2MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum
Langham Hong Kong

Anyone have any recent experience at this hotel (formerly the Great Eagle)? Am checking in Monday for a six night stay and considering Club level upgrade, but not sure it's worth the extra expense.....
Old Feb 3, 2006, 2:21 am

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
Depends how much extra it is for the Club upgrade. From what I remember, it includes extras such as free laundry and free local calls besides the club use... so it really depends if you can use the extra amenities.. The club lounge itself is cozy enough though...
Old Feb 3, 2006, 2:50 am

Programs: ME, EK, LH, IC
I have nothing but great things to say about this hotel. We (i.e. our family of 13 individuals) stayed there for Christmas a few years ago. We took 6 rooms on the club level. The staff went out of their way to make our stay as enjoyable as possible. Indeed, the free laundry came in very handy and the club room was just great for the kids and for "snacks" (and for the family to meet up). I wouldn't hesitate for a single second to recommend this splendid hotel in Kowloon. The location is great (no harbor views but you are a short walk away from everything, but I guess that applies to HK in general), the staff are fantastic and the hotel is superb. Have I mentioned how fantastic the hotel is??? Anyway, enjoy your stay there and enjoy Hong Kong.
Old Feb 10, 2006, 4:15 am

Programs: ME, EK, LH, IC
YEG, how has your stay been at the Langham so far?
Old Dec 31, 2012, 1:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Langham vs Langham Place?

Anybody know if one is better than the other? They both are on Kowloon. They look very comparable when you look on tripadvisor. Any advice as to which one is better?
Old Dec 31, 2012, 8:46 pm

Programs: AS 75k, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat, ect.
They are in very different locations and are overal different hotels. The original Langham is in the heart of TST and surrounded by food and shopping options. The LP is in Mongkok and is a much newer hotel and not as lively of an area. Between the two the orignal is by far my preferred and is one of the better options in HKG.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by Quattro
They are in very different locations and are overal different hotels. The original Langham is in the heart of TST and surrounded by food and shopping options. The LP is in Mongkok and is a much newer hotel and not as lively of an area. Between the two the orignal is by far my preferred and is one of the better options in HKG.
Saying Mong Kok is not "lively" is like saying Times Square in NY is "quiet" because it is a pedestrian area. The Langham Place in Mong Kok is a very fine hotel in a location not usually associated with tourists, but certainly with locals... Five star physical plant and service, just not where you'd expect it to be.

The Langham in TST is not a luxury property, period. Fine hotel and the Tang Court restaurant there is excellent, but not for this forum.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 7:25 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Langham Place is a great hotel if you stay in a suite, and their Chuan residences are truly 5-star (but that is just 1 floor of the hotel, and the bulk of the hotel is indeed 4-star). I prefer several of the Chuan suites over the Peninsula, for example (esp. with the new remodel which has done much to make the Pen generic -- a big mistake). LP is a hotel you will either love or hate, depending on your priorities, but it can be very good indeed.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 5:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Thank you.

Originally Posted by Quattro
Thank you very much.

Originally Posted by Pickles
Saying Mong Kok is not "lively" is like saying Times Square in NY is "quiet" because it is a pedestrian area. The Langham Place in Mong Kok is a very fine hotel in a location not usually associated with tourists, but certainly with locals... Five star physical plant and service, just not where you'd expect it to be.

The Langham in TST is not a luxury property, period. Fine hotel and the Tang Court restaurant there is excellent, but not for this forum.
Good to know. It's very cheap, only $206 USD per night!

Originally Posted by number_6
Langham Place is a great hotel if you stay in a suite, and their Chuan residences are truly 5-star (but that is just 1 floor of the hotel, and the bulk of the hotel is indeed 4-star). I prefer several of the Chuan suites over the Peninsula, for example (esp. with the new remodel which has done much to make the Pen generic -- a big mistake). LP is a hotel you will either love or hate, depending on your priorities, but it can be very good indeed.
Thanks for the info.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Have any opinions changed at the Langham Hong Kong since much of the rooms/suites have apparently been renovated? They have a suite deal which looks quite competitive and this is of TST I enjoy but never stayed there and I'll admit that the opinions I have found on this forum have not been encouraging (but they are relatively sparse and seem to pre-date the renovation hence my tiny glimmer of hope! ) Thanks in advance and happy new year everyone!
Old Apr 19, 2017, 3:37 am

Anyone stayed at Langham Kowloon recently? Still good a choice in TST (prefer not to stay at Peninsula)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.