The Ultimate Guide to Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Ultimate Guide to Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2016, 8:50 pm
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
I'd agree with all of that, and it kind of echoes my stay there last year. There's nothing 'wrong' with the resort, but if you're in Bali you can definitely do much better (depending on what you want).

I can see how it would be a fun place for younger kids though, or for those looking for a more 'vibrant' scene (while still enjoying a relatively more secluded resort - i.e. not Grand Hyatt Nusa Dua or something).

They have a huge room/villa count though so it's never going to feel truly intimate. Also, the amount of 'day trippers' and wedding photos taken on site, makes it even more crowded especially after accounting for the room/villa count.

Last edited by chinmoylad; Sep 5, 2016 at 8:55 pm
Old Sep 6, 2016, 2:56 am

Programs: No program whatsoever
Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
[...]
Originally Posted by xracer
[...]
Originally Posted by scented
[...]
Originally Posted by chinmoylad
[...]
Gentlemen, thank you for this.

In light of your comments on FSJB, I think I will stick to Amanusa (for beach) and RC Mandapa (for jungle). Potentially Amankila.

Last edited by 0bsidian; Sep 6, 2016 at 3:01 am
Old Sep 6, 2016, 5:31 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Press release for the new Four Seasons in Vietnam:

Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts, the world’s leading luxury hospitality company, Hotel Properties Limited (HPL) and ASB Development Limited today announced that the renowned luxury resort – The Nam Hai Hoi An - will be managed by Four Seasons as of December 20, 2016. The Resort, a joint venture between HPL, a major international property group, and ASB Development Limited, Dubai’s leading investment group, marks the much-anticipated entry of Four Seasons into Vietnam, one of the world’s fastest growing tourist destinations.

Four Seasons Resort The Nam Hai, Hoi An, Vietnam is located in the country’s premier resort destination along the pristine coastline of Hoi An and in close proximity to the neighboring town of Hoi An, a UNESCO-protected trading port from the 15th century and one of Vietnam’s modern culinary meccas. The Resort is also conveniently located just 30 minutes from the city of Da Nang and Da Nang International Airport, making it easily accessible for international and regional travellers alike.

An intimate resort, Four Seasons Resort The Nam Hai, Hoi An, Vietnam will offer 40 private residence villas and 60 newly-renovated resort villas, all featuring outdoor showers, terraces, and expansive indoor and outdoor living spaces. At the heart of the Resort lies a series of three pools, flanked by palm trees and offering unobstructed views of Hoi An’s white sand beach and breaking shore. The extensive amenities at the Resort will include three world-class dining venues - offering both beach and pool-side dining, as well as an all-new Vietnamese cooking school.

“Hoi An is one of the most coveted resort locations in Vietnam and we’re excited to be bringing legendary Four Seasons service and quality to this idyllic destination,” says Stephen Lau, Chairman, HPL Hotels and Resorts. “As owners of several Four Seasons properties around the world, we know that Four Seasons has a proven track record of catering to discerning luxury travellers from around the world with highly personalised care and unmatched attention to detail. We look forward to bringing their world-class hospitality to the Hoi An coast and together creating one of the finest resorts in Vietnam.”

J. Allen Smith, President and CEO, Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts adds, “Vietnam is an important growth market for Four Seasons and this is a unique opportunity to quickly establish a presence in the country’s top resort destination with partners HPL and ASB, who believe in the culture of Four Seasons and share our vision for success."

Renovations to the Resort will add an all-new beach bar, kids club and a variety of water sports to the existing tennis, badminton and basketball courts, and fitness centre. The Resort will also offer a world-class spa, featuring eight private pavilions surrounded by the glass-like waters of a lotus pond.

Four Seasons Resort The Nam Hai, Hoi An, Vietnam will be the latest addition to the exclusive collection of Four Seasons resorts in the Asia Pacific region, including two resorts in Bali; two resorts, a private island, and a private catamaran in the Maldives; three resorts in Thailand; and resorts in Bora Bora and Langkawi.

* On the 20 December 2016; the Nam Hai resort will officially become Four Seasons Resort The Nam Hai Hoi An, Vietnam. GHM will remain as the resort’s management up till 15 December 2016 and then the resort will be fully closed from 17 – 19 December 2016, for the last rebranding touches.

* The major works timeline of the renovation that has been working at the Nam Hai resort

Hotel Villas (One Bedroom Villas & One Bedroom Beachfront Villas): From 01 August until 20 December 2016 in 4 phases
• Conversion of 08 units of One Bedroom Villas into Family Villas which will consist accommodation for 2 young children
• Interior enhancement of all 60 Hotel Villas, including lighting and removal of the step by the bed.
• Landscaping with water feature in the middle of the U of the Hotel Villas sections.

Public Areas

Port-cochère will have a decorative wall with water features to conceal the view of parked buggies and bicycles. Duration: From 01 – 31 August 2016 (1 month)

The Library will be converted to the new check-in and check-out areas. Duration: From 01 August – 16 October 2016 (2.5 months)

The ReceptionArea will be converted to a guest welcome and concierge area. Duration: Dates to be confirm (1 week)

The Beach Restaurant enhancement. Duration: From 01 October – 16 December 2016 (2.5 months)

A small new Beach Bar will be erected at the beach after The Beach Restaurant. Duration: From 01 September – 30 November 2016 (3 months)

A new Kids Club. Duration: 01 August – 30 November 2016 (4 months)

Open Lounge expansion to accommodate more guests for events and wet weather option. Duration: 01 September – 30 November 2016 (3 months)
Old Sep 6, 2016, 10:15 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
So all the steps by the bed will be removed. Good!
Old Sep 6, 2016, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by scented
I first stayed back in the day when they had that awful Italian restaurant as their main eatery (just like every other FS before making some crucial changes) and before they opened up the villas to make the most of the views. Back then, especially after many Indo Amans it was a culture shock, due to the sheer number of villas, some hostile behavior by staff and non-existent service recovery and management presence.

Interesting route this resort is headed. I was wondering what was going on when their new spa manager rebranded the spa as 'The Healing Village Spa', yet replaced Sodashi with a medi spa brand. Very healing. The spa used to be quite good with some excellent therapists (who have mostly left now, some for Dubai, some for other FS around the world), especially after the lack of a proper spa at Kila (which is still the case even after Doronin's capital injection). I do not share the same praise for the rest of the resort. The renovations changed the rooms for the better, but as Vuittons suggested a Residence Villa is a wholly different experience here. But day passes for the pool? That shouldn't happen.

I had hoped the resort founds it place in the last years with the sensible renovations and addition of the much needed pool by the beach.

If Bali wants to stay relevant, I doubt (FS) Jimbaran is the answer. Way too many good other options there, including the sister property FS Sayan. Bali Amans are still very strong, plus Chedi, Como, etc. Certainly not Jimbaran, especially when I look up the coast at FS Jimbaran. Resort hell.
I agree with what you say, Scented. The only time I liked this resort was when Chris Norton was GM there - he transformed the place in every way. The Spa is rubbish these days, whereas it was, at one time, excellent.

Last tme I was in Bali I did not stay, as why would you when you have much nicer, smaller options?

I still think the Residences work, especially if you stay with friends. In room dining was quite special when I stayed, and you can have spa treatments in-room if you wish, but yes, you have to, at some point, take a look at the resort itself
Old Sep 9, 2016, 6:07 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, QF/HH/TG/SQ GOLD
Anthony will remain as GM at Nam Hai after transition. Very unusual decision, probably he has good relationship with owner.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by seiknujnama
Anthony will remain as GM at Nam Hai after transition. Very unusual decision, probably he has good relationship with owner.
...and, with all the new Four Seasons hotels and re-flagging, I suspect they are running out of home-grown GMs. Another example of this is ex-Aman Blaise Montandon taking over at FS Marrakech.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 9:09 am

...and, with all the new Four Seasons hotels and re-flagging, I suspect they are running out of home-grown GMs. Another example of this is ex-Aman Blaise Montandon taking over at FS Marrakech.
I thought the same. But I do have to say in regards to Blaise taking over at FS Marrakech, it was the right decision and I cannot wait to see what he does with that resort. They need someone like him there.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

re nam hai http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...l#post26929222
Old Sep 9, 2016, 4:00 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, QF/HH/TG/SQ GOLD
Well the new hired resort manager of Nam Hai, He already being No.2 in two Four Seasons, this is going to be his third assignments. For sure he may have capability as a GM.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 6:49 pm
Suspended

Wow Montreal is getting a FS
http://press.fourseasons.com/news-re...l-in-montreal/
Old Sep 27, 2016, 4:28 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
Originally Posted by KateHarrison
I'm glad to hear this, it's fascinating how Four Seasons does grow including in Canada. Seeing the exterior, looks ultramodern.

Here's more:

Four Seasons Hotels to open in Montreal

http://www.cpp-luxury.com/four-seaso...n-in-montreal/

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^
Old Sep 27, 2016, 5:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by uggboy
Seeing the exterior, looks ultramodern.
Indeed! Will be interesting to see the hotel in real
Old Oct 3, 2016, 8:28 am

Kingdom Holding, the investment company owned by Saudi Prince al-Waleed bin Talal, has sold the Four Seasons Hotel in Toronto for 225 million Canadian dollars ($171.3 million) to a family-owned business, it said Sunday.
http://www.wsj.com/articles/saudi-pr...ion-1475420783

Kingdom Holding, the investment company owned by Saudi Prince al-Waleed bin Talal, has sold the Four Seasons Hotel in Toronto for 225 million Canadian dollars ($171.3 million) to a family-owned business, it said Sunday.

The buying entities are tied to Pakistani-American businessman Shahid Khan, a car-parts magnate and owner of the Jacksonville Jaguars NFL franchise and London’s Fulham Football Club.

Kingdom Holding made a profit of C$17 million from the sale of the luxury hotel, the company said in a brief statement posted on the Saudi stock exchange website.

Profit from the sale, which was completed on Sept. 30, is expected to be reflected in the company’s third-quarter results, Kingdom said.

Prince al-Waleed owns the majority of Kingdom Holding, which invests in a diverse set of industries, including real estate, health care and hotels.

The company is focused on acquiring high-value real estate such as luxury hotels globally. Its strategy, which includes restoring and upgrading premier properties, such as New York’s Plaza Hotel, London’s Savoy Hotel and the Four Seasons George V Hotel in Paris, delivers consistently excellent long-term returns, Kingdom Holding says on its website.

The firm also owns shares in international companies including Apple Inc., social media company Twitter Inc. and News Corp., the parent company of The Wall Street Journal.

Kingdom Holding in July reported a 22% fall in second-quarter net profit as income from associates and dividends declined, while finance charges and general and administrative costs increased.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 7:26 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Some photos and quick thoughts from my recent one night stay at the FS Dubai DIFC opened earlier this year.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/exper...ubai-difc.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.