Search

The Ultimate Guide to Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2015, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by pricesquire
+1.

It's Korea we're talking about, not Paris. I don't expect some marvelous piece of architecture. Understated outside and a Four Seasons inside: that's all I care about.
I also want good underground parking and French toast.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 11:18 am
DSI
formerly declinespecificinformatiom

Looks boring. I'll take something more traditional or interesting, even if it has a lower thread count or cheaper soap.

I'd just assume stay in the more corporate wing of the Four Seasons, Westin.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by declinespecificinformation
Looks boring. I'll take something more traditional or interesting, even if it has a lower thread count or cheaper soap.

I'd just assume stay in the more corporate wing of the Four Seasons, Westin.
wouldn't that be SPG's corporate wing -Westin? I, for one, am looking forward to a good corporate rate, higher thread counts, and better soap than my current Seoul abodes. It's inside that counts.

Last edited by Aventine; Aug 13, 2015 at 7:53 pm
Old Aug 13, 2015, 8:35 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Aventine
It's inside that counts.
Totally agree.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The bad thing is taxi drivers won't know it for a while...or ever.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 8:46 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

The bad thing is taxi drivers won't know it for a while...or ever.
Lol. Not necessarily a negative for me. I feel like I have that issue every time I'm in Asia (even when I print out the address in Chinese/Japanese script, they still seem to not know ... I'm talking about!).
Old Aug 13, 2015, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Lol. Not necessarily a negative for me. I feel like I have that issue every time I'm in Asia (even when I print out the address in Chinese/Japanese script, they still seem to not know ... I'm talking about!).
Addresses don't mean squat here (sometimes).
Old Aug 21, 2015, 12:05 pm

Hi All I've contacted my travel agent and she's told me that Four seasons preferred partner benefits do not apply to the opening Seoul Four Seasons offer. Has anyone experienced anything different? If so, please PM me. I would love to book this now.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cranlemon
Hi All I've contacted my travel agent and she's told me that Four seasons preferred partner benefits do not apply to the opening Seoul Four Seasons offer. Has anyone experienced anything different? If so, please PM me. I would love to book this now.
There's a ton of promo benefits for the opening and FSPP is valid of course.

As a benefit of our travel agency's status as a Preferred Partner with Four Seasons, you will receive the following added-value benefits during your stay:
Daily full American breakfast for two people per bedroom, served through In-Room Dining or in the hotel restaurant (including buffets)
Food and beverage credit of USD100
Upgrade of one category, based on availability at time of check-in (excluding signature suites and villas)
Complimentary basic Internet in all guest rooms, complimentary premium Internet in all suites.
I'm not an agent but maybe time to get a new one?
Old Aug 21, 2015, 7:28 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

There's a ton of promo benefits for the opening and FSPP is valid of course.
It seems the "Opening Offer + FSPP" combo is good from now until the end of 2015. The second you hit 2016: you can no longer combine the offers. A shame but I guess it makes sense - you can only justify giving away 100k KRW per day for so long!
Old Aug 21, 2015, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It seems the "Opening Offer + FSPP" combo is good from now until the end of 2015. The second you hit 2016: you can no longer combine the offers. A shame but I guess it makes sense - you can only justify giving away 100k KRW per day for so long!
That's still a lot of time to enjoy but what scares me is that I hope room service menu items don't cost 100,000 won!
Old Sep 21, 2015, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thought this FS SEOUL spa info belonged here as well:
Their product lineup includes:
* Biologique Recherche from Paris
* Sodashi from Australia
* Fedora from Korea
Old Oct 13, 2015, 6:13 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Just as an fyi, Four Seasons Bogota has been exceptionally good leading up to my stay. I've heard from both the GM, Head of Sales, and the on-site operations team. They reached out to me for an airport pick-up and with an overall: "what would you like to do this trip?" styled email.

VERY excited about this stay!!
Old Oct 13, 2015, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just as an fyi, Four Seasons Bogota has been exceptionally good leading up to my stay. I've heard from both the GM, Head of Sales, and the on-site operations team. They reached out to me for an airport pick-up and with an overall: "what would you like to do this trip?" styled email.

VERY excited about this stay!!
Huzzah!

Just bad luck of the draw with 13 series rooms for us. The first one had the new room/hotel fumes and the second one was cleaned sloppily. Housekeeping definitely needs a fire lit under their butts and I know the GM will probably chew them out. Unacceptable for the Korean proclaimed "first 6 star hotel in Seoul". I expect this to get better along with many other things.

Positives

The Palace facing Grand Executive suites look exquisite. They check all the boxes for space, functionality, views - you name it. Got to walk through one today and was blown away. I don't recommend going below Corner Premier room after seeing most room types on a walkthrough. These were all taken during our restay.

Yu yuan. Didn't get to eat there (opened yesterday) but looks to be Seoul's first and only stop for Peking duck and other Chinese delicacies. I think that restaurant will hopefully drag the city beyond jjajang and beyond jjambbong (the Korean Chinese dishes).

Iced cappuccino from Maru cafe or even room service. A pleasant discovery!

Conclusion about FS SEOUL: you're probably all right that this will have been an opening blip upon retrospect in 12 months. The ingredients are all there and it's up to Mr. Barda to mix and stir well for Korea's first 6 star hotel.

Last edited by RichardInSF; Oct 15, 2015 at 11:42 am Reason: sigh!
Old Oct 13, 2015, 10:30 am

Just bad luck of the draw with 13 series rooms for us. The first one had the new room/hotel fumes and the second one was cleaned sloppily. Housekeeping definitely needs a fire lit under their butts and I know the GM will probably chew them out. Unacceptable for the Korean proclaimed "first 6 star hotel in Seoul". I expect this to get better along with many other things.
Usually FS is good about housekeeping. Think folding clothes, arranging sunglasses, leaving wipes for the iPad and laptop, replacing tooth paste. Thoughtful. All departments probably need time.
Good thing is if you stay in another year or so, you'll be surprised in a good way how far they've come.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.