Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Luxury Hotels In New York

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2015, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Seems like a luxury hotel room (not a suite) will cost US$1000. Just looked at MO, Peninsula and Langham. I gather that is standard?
Old Aug 7, 2015, 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by Annalisa12
Seems like a luxury hotel room (not a suite) will cost US$1000. Just looked at MO, Peninsula and Langham. I gather that is standard?
It can be... but if you are good at looking for deals you can get junior suites or entry level suites for around that price.

Look for potential upgrades, third night free offers, etc...
Old Aug 7, 2015, 11:27 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Annalisa12
Welcome to NY!

Alas, that is pretty much the going rate these days.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 11:30 pm

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Universal
Any feedback on Park Hyatt? Considering booking it for a Labor Day weekend getaway. Looks great based on my online research but would love some informed opinions.
The property is much more "Hyatt" than "luxury hotel." It has a reasonably nice hard product (very nice by Hyatt standards), but the F&B is considered weak by many and service seems to be hit or miss.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by 5khours
Suites in the Wythe Hotel in are pretty nice. Terrace. Fantastic views. Nice room. Decent service. No gym or spa. Close to LGA. Williamsburg is pretty happening. Not cheap. Might be my top choice in NYC now.
Fascinating property. I hadn't heard of this before.

No room service is a drawback.

How do you find the service?
Old Aug 8, 2015, 3:03 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Originally Posted by NYBanker
Fascinating property. I hadn't heard of this before.

No room service is a drawback.
Didn't actually realize there was no room service. The restaurant scene is Wburg is pretty interesting so we didn't even think about eating in the room. Did spend a lot of time on the terrace though with coffee or cocktails. Might be the best cityscape of any hotel room I've been in.

How do you find the service?
I was not expecting much, but it was surprisingly good.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 3:28 pm

Programs: AF Plat, DL Gold
Originally Posted by Universal
Any feedback on Park Hyatt? Considering booking it for a Labor Day weekend getaway. Looks great based on my online research but would love some informed opinions.
I stayed there 3 weeks ago and thought it was amazing. The service was great and the hard product was fantastic. They even upgraded us on a room we booked with points despite just being a Plat. The bar was stunning and the cocktails were tasty and strong. We didn't eat there so I can't speak to that. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.
Old Aug 9, 2015, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Didn't actually realize there was no room service. The restaurant scene is Wburg is pretty interesting so we didn't even think about eating in the room. Did spend a lot of time on the terrace though with coffee or cocktails. Might be the best cityscape of any hotel room I've been in.

I was not expecting much, but it was surprisingly good.
Very interesting! Always thought there is nothing even adequate in Brooklyn. Must consider it for our next stay.
Old Aug 9, 2015, 12:11 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Originally Posted by offerendum
Very interesting! Always thought there is nothing even adequate in Brooklyn. Must consider it for our next stay.
Maybe not. Looks like the Suites with terraces are fully booked for the next 12 months.

Last edited by 5khours; Aug 9, 2015 at 12:19 pm
Old Aug 9, 2015, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Maybe not. Looks like the Suites with terraces are fully booked for the next 12 months.
Next stay won´t be in the next 12 months
Old Oct 6, 2015, 7:47 pm
Suspended

Just checked out of the Plaza and all I can say is: wow.

Just to be clear, I went in with rather low expectations. Figured it would be a washed-out, mediocre-managed, foreign-centric, Waldorf-styled, lots-of-dashes style hotel.

I was blown away by my suite, by the staff, by the F&B, the food court...the whole thing.

Really, really love the Plaza, and I didn't think I would at all.

What are your thoughts on this hotel? It rarely comes up on this forum...
Old Oct 6, 2015, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by pricesquire

Just to be clear, I went in with rather low expectations. Figured it would be a washed-out, mediocre-managed, foreign-centric, Waldorf-styled, lots-of-dashes style hotel.

I was blown away by my suite, by the staff, by the F&B, the food court...the whole thing.

Better than in Home Alone?
Old Oct 7, 2015, 1:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques

I recall this thread from long ago http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...-vs-plaza.html

I think my last stay must have been a dozen years ago. I liked the Plaza, but it certainly must have changed under Fairmont. I used to visit the Oak Room bar even when I wasn't staying at the hotel. It was a favorite. However I see that is has been closed since Fairmont took over. The website says it will open again soon.

And of course it has the great views over the park and immediate access to the south end.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 2:32 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
I recall this thread from long ago http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...-vs-plaza.html

I think my last stay must have been a dozen years ago. I liked the Plaza, but it certainly must have changed under Fairmont. I used to visit the Oak Room bar even when I wasn't staying at the hotel. It was a favorite. However I see that is has been closed since Fairmont took over. The website says it will open again soon.

And of course it has the great views over the park and immediate access to the south end.
It's funny to see such an old thread. It's amazing how much rates have shot up at all of the top properties in New York. There are occasionally good deals these days, but it's hard to imagine staying at any of these places for $500 a night anymore.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 3:42 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM

Our Peninsula concierge sent us to the Plaza food court for lunch. Fun and tasty.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.