Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Phnom Penh, Cambodia: Le Royal, Sofitel, or Rosewood?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Phnom Penh, Cambodia: Le Royal, Sofitel, or Rosewood?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2013, 11:11 am

Programs: A Few
Originally Posted by Fliar
Sorry for dragging up an old thread but which room would you recommend (solo traveller)?
I booked a Landmark room through AMEX FHR and was upgraded to a Colonial Suite. I was happy with that decision. Suite was more like an oversized room (50 M), but certainly very comfortable. The only downside was the suite had a garden view with exposure to the side road. I think the pool view rooms/suites are preferable.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 6:31 am

Programs: some
Thanks yycworldtraveler, very helpful.
Old Apr 28, 2013, 5:33 pm
FF

Programs: BA GGL / AAdvantage Million Miler + Plat / TK Gold (not any more) / Hilton Diamond (via GGL)
I'm at the Raffles now, and it's great. Pool view room and no traffic noise. Only downside for me (light sleeper) is that the corridors are a bit noisy and that just woke me up (0630 )
Old Nov 12, 2015, 2:25 pm

Programs: United Silver, Hyatt, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, Global Entry
BUMP

Ill be travelling to PNH for a night and staying at the Le Royal Raffles in a Landmark Room... any more recent comments?
Old Jul 21, 2016, 2:48 am

Programs: Hilton, Marriott, Club Carlson, AA, UA, AS, SQ, AF
I just spent the last 2 nights at Raffles. Nice hotel but in addition to my Virtuoso rate I was charged another 16$ a night for servicing the room. ...?
Old Jul 21, 2016, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by merice107107
I just spent the last 2 nights at Raffles. Nice hotel but in addition to my Virtuoso rate I was charged another 16$ a night for servicing the room. ...?
16 € for in-room breakfast or a Kind of cleaning-fee
Old Jul 9, 2017, 8:09 am

Rosewood is opening in September 2017.
https://www.rosewoodhotels.com/en/phnom-penh
Old Jul 9, 2017, 2:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
Had another lovely stay at the Raffles in Dec/Jan. Really feels like going back in time.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Bumping an old thread rather than starting a new one. This is the OP here.

I will be going to Phnom Penh shortly. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I have been a huge fan of the Raffles Le Royal. I have however been told that it is now in need of serious renovation and service levels have declined. People I know are raving about the Rosewood. I am not a fan of the Sofitel in PP - although I love their properties in Asia in general - and somehow fear the Rosewood may be like the PP Sofitel. Any experiences to report - Either about the decline of the Raffles or the new Rosewood ???
Old Oct 5, 2019, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by Braniff
Any experiences to report - Either about the decline of the Raffles or the new Rosewood ???
Stayed at the Rosewood last November. Highly recommend! Great service and beautiful hotel. It was my first time in Cambodia so I can’t compare to other properties in Phnom Penh, but it does stand out as one of the better luxury city hotels in SEA.
Braniff and FlyerEC like this.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 9:39 am
Community Director Emerita

Braniff, I'm glad you brought up the Rosewood. I've now switched to it for an upcoming trip. Online reviews are excellent. Benefits when booking a suite are solid. They include breakfast for 2, a 30 minute shoulder or foot massage, and a 4 hour tour in one of the hotel remorcs (tuk tuks). I'm really looking forward to the latter. I also saw an offer for a 4th night free but we won't be in Phnom Penh that long.
obscure2k, Braniff and FlyerEC like this.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 1:13 am
Community Director Emerita

We had an excellent two night stay at the Rosewood Phnom Penh. I highly recommend it. It's not perfect, but it's not far off. We booked a suite. It was only moderately more expensive than a deluxe room and I felt gave excellent value. Our agent got the hotel to commit to an upgrade at the time of booking rather than waiting for availability on check in. Thus, rather than a Mekong suite, we ended up with a Manor suite. We gave up a river view for a city view suite with more space. We had a bedroom, spacious living/dining room, and 1 1/2 baths.

The hotel is gorgeous and beautifully appointed. It actually is a small hotel despite the height of the building since it only occupies a few floors. It begins on the 30th floor going to the 37th floor. It has 175 rooms and suites. It has several excellent restaurants. Breakfast is served in the Brasserie Louis and we had lunch there one day as well. I had the feeling that it draws a lot of outside guests as it was almost completely full. We also had the weekday lunch special at their Japanese restaurant. They have a stunning outdoor lounge on the 37th floor. It extends from the side of the building. The picture of it is quite surreal. Whether you want a drink or not, it's worth having a stroll thru it.

It has an indoor lap pool that is adjacent to the spa.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 3:14 pm

Thanks for this review. Will be at the Rosewood PP in about a month and happy to read your comments!
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old May 22, 2020, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
I have received several messges from the Raffles saying they have completed renovations. Has anyone experienced the hotel recently ?
Old May 23, 2020, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Braniff
I have received several messges from the Raffles saying they have completed renovations. Has anyone experienced the hotel recently ?
Knowing that Cambodia closed their borders to many foreigners back in march, you'll be lucky if you find someone who has stayed there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.