Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Best Luxury Hotel in Singapore? (consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Luxury Hotel in Singapore? (consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2013, 10:03 pm

Programs: QF P1 (OWE) LTG (OWS)
Originally Posted by spizzy
amaroo- Going with my brother to Singapore late in the year and it looks like we will be staying at the FBH. I wanted to stay at the Ritz since it gets great reviews here, but he likes the look of the rooms at FBH.

Any tips on what rooms, views etc there? Also the reports of construction noise there is disconcerting. Any problems you encountered?
We stayed last week.....no noise at all and didn't see any construction anywhere near the hotel.

I'm in the middle of a TR with heaps of photos over on AFF see here - http://www.australianfrequentflyer.c...tml#post799600

The hotel is beautiful. We got connecting premier rooms.....wanted premier bay view however, they don't come connected.

The whole stay was great, loved the pool, view, bar, room & service. The location is perfect.

Take a look at the TR & feel free to post any questions you may have.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 3:08 am

Smile MBS Singapore

A while ago I went to the marina bay sands in Singapore so the pool was AMAZING the shops were COOL and the room view I LOVED:-:
Old Nov 6, 2013, 5:22 am

Programs: QF Platinum & Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by 00284519
A while ago I went to the marina bay sands in Singapore so the pool was AMAZING the shops were COOL and the room view I LOVED:-:
Welcome to Flyertalk Luxury Hotels. I can tell you loved Marina Bay Sands. I hope this is the start of a lifelong love of travelling. Perhaps in the future you will look back and actually think there are better hotels than Marina Bay Sands. But yes I agree the pool is fantastic.

I have included below a slightly more detailed review of MBS that I wrote in 2010.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...ngapore-3.html
Old Nov 6, 2013, 7:29 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Moving the above two posts into the thread referred to above by QF lad.

RichardInSF, moderator, luxury hotels
Old Nov 9, 2013, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by 00284519
Great view from the pool, too bad it was so crowded I felt I was swimming in a Crimean resort during the Soviet era. The rooms are nice also, too bad the service stank, even by Singapore standards.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 3:53 pm

I just left the FS Singapore, and had a very lovely stay. Probably helped I was upgraded to the Ambassadors Suite.

That being said, I can see why some would feel it a bit dark. However, every individual with whom I had any interaction was warm, welcoming, and eager to be of service.

I would absolutely stay here again ... even had both a great room service dinner and a lovely breakfast (a la carte, not buffet).
Old Nov 9, 2013, 7:18 pm

St. Regis versus Grand Hyatt

I am doing a mileage run to SIN in December and will be staying two nights. Looking like I will be choosing between St. Regis and the Grand Hyatt. Both are in the same neighborhood, cost is not a factor as it will be free or cash and points. I have Suite Night Awards with SPG so that is a consideration. Am a Hyatt Diamond and SPG Plat. The St. Regis has been criticized a lot both here and on the SPG forum. Which one would you choose? Which has the better breakfast?
Old Nov 9, 2013, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Brattflyer
St. Regis versus Grand Hyatt

free or cash and points. I have Suite Night Awards with SPG
if suite at st regis still includes jetquay (VIP terminal) and bentley transfer, pretty huge benefit, but not sure if it still does, or whether it was only on paid rates etc
Old Nov 10, 2013, 5:01 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
I am doing a mileage run to SIN in December and will be staying two nights. Looking like I will be choosing between St. Regis and the Grand Hyatt. Both are in the same neighborhood, cost is not a factor as it will be free or cash and points. I have Suite Night Awards with SPG so that is a consideration. Am a Hyatt Diamond and SPG Plat. The St. Regis has been criticized a lot both here and on the SPG forum. Which one would you choose? Which has the better breakfast?
We had a good stay at the St. Regis. Rooms are gorgeous.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 9:11 am

Programs: Virgin FC, Qantas, Golden Circle, Sofitel, Hyatt, Starwood, Nectar, and my Tesco Club Card
I personally wouldn't say they're in the same neighborhood, they're probably just under 1 mile apart. Hyatt slightly better situated as it is closer to the Orchard rd MRT station
Old Nov 10, 2013, 4:33 pm

Me also, week 1 December. I would love to hear anyone's recent experience at the Hyatt.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 11:58 pm
Suspended

I would recommend Raffles Hotel in Singapore .It is best luxury hotel to stay . The hotel lived up to all my expectations, the main reason being the staff is amazing a lot.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 3:02 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
I've been pleased with the RC Singapore. I can't say it is the best, but across a few visits, I've had no complaints.

http://upgrd.com/sitinfirst/ritz-car...singapore.html

I stayed at the MBS once last year. I'd recommend staying here once....mainly for the roof. It is worth seeing. Someone posted in this forum recently about the more deluxe hotel-within-a-hotel at the MBS. It sounded very nice...though I didn't make it to that level.

http://upgrd.com/sitinfirst/marina-b...tw-part-3.html
Old Nov 19, 2013, 2:07 pm

Just spent the last two nights at the Shangri La Valley Wing. IMHO, still tops in Singapore for rooms and service.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 3:23 pm

Programs: continental one pass, delta skymiles, platinum american express
I second that! (i.e., Valley Wing of the Singapore Shangri-la)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.