Wiki Posts
Search

Bali with kids

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2010, 8:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Gold, SPG Gold
Bali with kids

We are looking to travel to Bali in November, with two children (3 Yr old and 6 months) some colleagues have recommended Intercontinental Jimbaran Bay...

Previously have only stayed at Oberoi and Legian Hotels in Bali.

Any recommendations would be appreciated

Many thanks
Old Sep 18, 2010, 9:09 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
Most of us on this forum have recommended either the Aman or the Four Seasons properties on Bali. I'm wondering whether your children will be old enough to remember the experience of visiting Bali and whether you'd rather postpone a trip to Bali until they're old enough to appreciate where they are.
Old Sep 19, 2010, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

what ive saved >
but dont remember where the discussion was on kids clubs with low age limits.. cant think of search terms to use.

http://www.fourseasons.com/jimbaranb...r_all_seasons/
Parents are requested to accompany children who are under two years old.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Sep 19, 2010 at 5:23 pm
Old Sep 19, 2010, 1:44 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond, IC Ambassador, SPG Gold
We just returned from Bali and stayed at the Intercontinental for a few days. There were many families there and the kids all seemed to really enjoy the main pool and the fountains at the Balinese pool.

The baby sea turtle release (two nights a week) at the beach was also a bit hit.

Be aware that kids under a certain age are not allowed in the Club Lounge after 6pm. Management also suggests that all families enjoy the main pool and not the Club facility.

We don't have kids so I didn't look at the restaurant menus for children but I did see a few meals served in bento boxes that looked fun and yummy.

There is a children's program called Planet Trekkers, but I don't know the details.

Service at the resort was very good and the food was excellent (I had the best Wagyu short ribs at Bella Singaraja and the desserts were delicious at Jimbaran Gardens.). Room service was super fast.

For the price, the IC Bali is a very good value.
Old Sep 19, 2010, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by DavidO
Most of us on this forum have recommended either the Aman or the Four Seasons properties on Bali. I'm wondering whether your children will be old enough to remember the experience of visiting Bali and whether you'd rather postpone a trip to Bali until they're old enough to appreciate where they are.
I think that there is no doubt that Bali offers magnificent experiences which could be even better for older kids (and adults too), but I think that my kids got something out of it even at 3, and its not a waste on very young children (6 month old babies are of course a different story). My kids always loved the Balinese Dance and gamelan music, and I'm glad that they were exposed to the sights, smells, tastes, etc., from a young age.

The Balinese love children, and I think child care is likely to be very good in most places. We have had excellent experiences at Aman's properties, with childcare that was really beyond extraordinary at Amankila and Amanjiwo in Java (which can also offer a lot for kids).
Old Sep 19, 2010, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Makanmata
childcare that was really beyond extraordinary at Amankila and Amanjiwo in Java (which can also offer a lot for kids).
might you post some details? i know the people here with children are always very interested in this information, as its not a really common discussion here. and of course interest is even greater, from all, when aman is concerned.

this is your post (^) that i found and included in children @ aman compilation >
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/6619446-post13.html

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Sep 20, 2010 at 6:13 am
Old Sep 21, 2010, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
might you post some details? i know the people here with children are always very interested in this information, as its not a really common discussion here. and of course interest is even greater, from all, when aman is concerned.

this is your post (^) that i found and included in children @ aman compilation >
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/6619446-post13.html
Like most things at Aman, there is no particular structure to their child care services, which can take whatever form you want, as opposed to a structured group setting "kids club" such as you might find at Four Seasons. At all Indonesian Amanresorts they will provide a personal nanny to take care of the children and see to their entertainment, organizing whetever they care to do. For example, my kids like music and dancing, and they have organized for them to participate in dance lessons with local girls, and providing the full costumes for them to dress the part. Another difference with Aman is that unlike some other places, childcare is not included in the roomrate, but billed at an hourly rate (at one time this was included in the rates). At Amanjiwo, where there are lots of activities away from the resort, some of the drivers are particularly skilled with children, and help greatly in attending to the kids -- as well as the parents.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

good info ^

so youre saying an actual private nanny is billed hourly. what kind of rates? IIRC most of the previous discussion here was examples of service being equal for children - like the amanjiwo drivers you mentioned.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 2:15 pm

good info ^

so youre saying an actual private nanny is billed hourly. what kind of rates? IIRC most of the previous discussion here was examples of service being equal for children - like the amanjiwo drivers you mentioned.
Yes, the nanny is billed hourly, and are not at all cheap by Indonesian standards, but not unreasonable elsewhere -- about US$15-US$20 per hour.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 12:20 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Solitaire
Originally Posted by daly136
We are looking to travel to Bali in November, with two children (3 Yr old and 6 months) some colleagues have recommended Intercontinental Jimbaran Bay...

Previously have only stayed at Oberoi and Legian Hotels in Bali.

Any recommendations would be appreciated

Many thanks
I may suggest you and your family to try staying at Grand Hyatt at Nusa Dua Beach, I actually just got back from Bali few days ago, I've seen many families bringing their children along. Nusa Dua complex is one of the safest properties in Bali Island.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 12:18 am

following on from this i wonder if anyone has any advise regarding a villa option rather than hotel in Bali? I am visiting there as a group of 4 adults and 5 children (9, 7, 5,5 and 18 months, all boys) in April and was thinking we might have a better experience in a luxury villa than hotel, and certainly seems more cost effective? Our usual tastes run to Amans and 4 Seasons but either of those would be prohibitive for this many rooms, but equally not sure i'm keen on loosing benefits of kids clubs etc. Probably planning on leaving baby with the nanny quite often whilst the rest of us enjoy a fairly action packed selection of days out, with somewhere beautiful and stylish to return to and chill out in for the afternoons. Thoughts? Recommendations ( and if not for actual villas, then which areas of the island would be sensible?) would be much apprecaited, plus thoughts on whether this would be a good route to go or whether i should just stick to 5 star hotels?
Many thanks
Old Sep 28, 2010, 12:28 am

Programs: Virgin FC, Qantas, Golden Circle, Sofitel, Hyatt, Starwood, Nectar, and my Tesco Club Card
Originally Posted by EM996
... Nusa Dua complex is one of the safest properties in Bali Island.
Safest property in what respect?
Old Sep 28, 2010, 3:31 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by cadogan1
following on from this i wonder if anyone has any advise regarding a villa option rather than hotel in Bali? I am visiting there as a group of 4 adults and 5 children (9, 7, 5,5 and 18 months, all boys) in April and was thinking we might have a better experience in a luxury villa than hotel, and certainly seems more cost effective? Our usual tastes run to Amans and 4 Seasons but either of those would be prohibitive for this many ...
Lots of villa options in Bali, some of which are stunning (but the more stunning ones prohibit children; these are properties up 2 notches from Aman/FS standard). It sounds like you need 4 or 5 BR villa, and those are a bit rare (2BR is common and 3BR often the max). Something like http://www.baliestatevillaom.com/ might be suitable and would cost about USD 1000/day for 4BR (comes with staff so you have a private cook, making for a considerable saving on meal cost). I've had good luck with http://www.allbalivillas.com/ but there are literally dozens of choices. The only reason to stay in a hotel is if you need their services (such as the kid's club); but everything is easy/cheap to arrange in Bali and the better villas come complete with a butler who tends to be well connected. You might want to consider http://www.allbalivillas.com/bali-vi...-infinity.html though it is a bit on the large side (accomodates 14 adults+12 kids complete with 40m pool, media room, sound system in the garden, car/driver as well as butlers/waitresses/cook etc.).

Last edited by number_6; Sep 28, 2010 at 3:42 am
Old Sep 28, 2010, 4:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FS jimbaran residences arent bad at all..

ah, youd have to wait for them to extend promos, and not sure about april.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Sep 29, 2010 at 5:54 am
Old Sep 29, 2010, 9:36 am

FS jimbaran residences arent bad at all..

ah, youd have to wait for them to extend promos, and not sure about april.
FS Jimbaran Residences are the best thing about the resort - they are superb - perfect for groups and families. And you get your own private beach across the road.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.