Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Heavenly Bed or Four Seasons Bed?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2005, 1:10 pm
Original Poster

Heavenly Bed or Four Seasons Bed?

Both are available to buy, both are advertised as sublimely comfortable. What are the impressions and opinions of both these and which, if any, is preferred?
Old Mar 9, 2005, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Formerly HPN, but then DCA and IAD for a while, and now back to HPN!
Programs: Honestly, I've been out of the travel game so long that I'm not even sure. Maybe Marriott Gold?
If I'm just limited to these two choices, I'll take the Heavenly bed and linens. But if I have the entire universe of beds at my disposal, I'll take a Tempur-Pedic mattress any day.
Old Mar 9, 2005, 2:53 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, US Air Silver Preferred, BA ExecSilver
I agree about the Heavenly Bed - Four Seasons beds are getting a little "tired".
Old Mar 9, 2005, 2:53 pm

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
Originally Posted by dchristiva
If I'm just limited to these two choices, I'll take the Heavenly bed and linens. But if I have the entire universe of beds at my disposal, I'll take a Tempur-Pedic mattress any day.
Four Seasons...without any hesitation. I've been in a few Westin beds that were downright bumpy.
Old Mar 9, 2005, 2:57 pm

Programs: ME, EK, LH, IC
Originally Posted by dchristiva
Excellent choice :-: ^ . Planning to buy a Tempur-Pedic mattress later this week. Can't wait.

Stayed at the Westin Resort in Scottsdale a few months back. I kid you not; those beds are TRULY heavenly :-: . Can't explain it but it was a great bed to sleep in ^ .
Old Mar 9, 2005, 3:00 pm

Programs: ME, EK, LH, IC
Originally Posted by DrivingRain
Four Seasons...without any hesitation. I've been in a few Westin beds that were downright bumpy.
Not all Westin Hotels have the heavenly beds. I would ask first if the heavenly bed is truly your soul reason for booking a stay at a Westin property.
Old Mar 9, 2005, 3:21 pm

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
Originally Posted by BEYFlyer
Not all Westin Hotels have the heavenly beds. I would ask first if the heavenly bed is truly your soul reason for booking a stay at a Westin property.
I'm fairly sure it was a heavenly bed(s). If I'm not mistaken they had little paper signs all over the place that were touting "Heavenly bed this" and "Hevanly bath that". By the way, if that is what bathrooms are like in heaven, then I would like to ask the diety manning the front desk to see what they have on a "lower floor".
Old Mar 9, 2005, 5:45 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Here's my two cents:

I own a Four Seasons matress and it is divine. I highly recommend it. But I've also spent some time in a Heavenly Bed, which I loved!

I think the difference though is that the Four Seasons is mostly about the matress and the Heavenly Bed is mostly about the bedding. The Heavenly Bed feels like it has down below and above (matress pad, duvet) and there are lots and lots of down pillows. Of course, the sheets are good too. I would just caution you that if you buy a Heavenly Bed, make sure you are getting the whole package and not just the matress, because with all of that down, it's hard to tell what sort of matress is really under there.

The Four Seasons matress is made by a wonderful manufacturer in Nebraska, so quality and longevity is guaranteed. I don't know anything about the Heavenly matress.
Old Mar 10, 2005, 10:59 am

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
Originally Posted by Flyer26
Both are available to buy, both are advertised as sublimely comfortable. What are the impressions and opinions of both these and which, if any, is preferred?
Any link for the FS bed available ?
Old Mar 10, 2005, 11:16 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM; SPG PLAT/Ambassador
anyone ever stay at the Ocean Club in the Bahamas? By far the most comfortable bed in existence.
Old Mar 10, 2005, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
I prefer the Four Seasons bed. I've also managed to recreate the comfort without purchasing it from Four Seasons. I bought a high end Sealy Posturepedic ultra plush pillow top mattress (there are numerous Sealy mattresses that are described as ultra plush pillow top; you need to get one of the better ones). I then went to (gasp) Costco and purchased a Sealy mattress pad and (gasp -- again) Costco brand 450 thread count cotton linens. I ordered a very light weight (the comforters at the Four Seasons are not particularly heavy, which allows them to be used year round) down comforter on line from The Company Store, and a high quality duvet cover on line from Linensource (a nightmare of a company to deal with, but they have good stuff).

By the way, the sheets from Costco are great. You can get higher thread counts at many stores and on-line sources, but these sheets are incredibly comfortable. They cost (IIRC) $59 for a queen set, and $69 for a king set, which is a lot less than you'd pay for a single king or queen sheet for comparable quality linens elsewhere.
Old Mar 10, 2005, 5:12 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by Ericka
Here's my two cents:

I think the difference though is that the Four Seasons is mostly about the matress and the Heavenly Bed is mostly about the bedding. The Heavenly Bed feels like it has down below and above (matress pad, duvet) and there are lots and lots of down pillows. Of course, the sheets are good too. I would just caution you that if you buy a Heavenly Bed, make sure you are getting the whole package and not just the matress, because with all of that down, it's hard to tell what sort of matress is really under there.
I think this is a perfect summary of the issue, and wholeheartedly agree. ^
Old Mar 11, 2005, 6:50 am

I loved the bed at the W New York: far superior to the Heavenly's I've kipped in. I think it's about the layers...?

By the way, how do the Tempur-pedics deal with sweat? eek!?

Old Mar 11, 2005, 1:57 pm

The FS linens are also of a higher thread count (600 I believe) than the heavenly bed. The are both good, but the FS bed is better and reminds me more of home.
Old Oct 29, 2005, 12:02 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, United Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz #1 Gold
For bed only, I don't think Heavenly can be beaten.
Everyone is trying though!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.