FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Heavenly Bed or Four Seasons Bed?
View Single Post
Old Mar 10, 2005, 4:50 pm
Blumie
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
I prefer the Four Seasons bed. I've also managed to recreate the comfort without purchasing it from Four Seasons. I bought a high end Sealy Posturepedic ultra plush pillow top mattress (there are numerous Sealy mattresses that are described as ultra plush pillow top; you need to get one of the better ones). I then went to (gasp) Costco and purchased a Sealy mattress pad and (gasp -- again) Costco brand 450 thread count cotton linens. I ordered a very light weight (the comforters at the Four Seasons are not particularly heavy, which allows them to be used year round) down comforter on line from The Company Store, and a high quality duvet cover on line from Linensource (a nightmare of a company to deal with, but they have good stuff).

By the way, the sheets from Costco are great. You can get higher thread counts at many stores and on-line sources, but these sheets are incredibly comfortable. They cost (IIRC) $59 for a queen set, and $69 for a king set, which is a lot less than you'd pay for a single king or queen sheet for comparable quality linens elsewhere.