Reload this Page >

revisiting Baltimore | Sagamore Pendry and FS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

revisiting Baltimore | Sagamore Pendry and FS

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2017, 1:00 pm

Had a stay at the Sagamore Pendry last night that, to be as charitable as possible, I will describe as "seriously underwhelming."

Some 'quirks' with the room, some food issues, and several service lapses. On the bright side, almost everyone we interacted with was very friendly, but the bad far outweighed the good.

We paid more for the Pendry than for a typical night at the FS Baltimore but the quality/experience was nowhere near comparable. The Pendry still seems to be in 'soft opening' mode.

To their credit, I did get a nice phone call from the head of guest services within an hour of checking out and mentioning some issues to the FDC, and they did waive our breakfast and valet parking charges, but still an overall negative experience for us.

I hope anyone else who tries the Pendry has a better experience than we did...

Update....I also got an email from the "Director of Food & Beverage" asking for feedback that he could 'share with his team'--sounded like they wanted to improve. However, after I typed up a very detailed letter (including both good and bad), and sent as a PDF attachment to an email, I never even got a 'thanks for your feedback' reply. Based on our experience, I'm suggesting people avoid this place, it was not worth anywhere close to what we paid for the room.

Last edited by clarence5ybr; May 11, 2017 at 6:58 pm
Old Feb 26, 2018, 1:20 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
I booked a "Pendry Perfect Experience" rate here for this week, Sunday through Thursday. It was $260/night and the 4th night was free. That nets out to $195 which is under my company's max of $225 in Baltimore. Plus I get a $50 F&B credit per stay. It's a really divine property, IMHO. Loved the password to get some whiskey added to my infusion water at check-in. I slept like a log. The toiletries are high quality but have a distinctly masculine smell to them, which is fine since I'm a male but I'm not sure if a female would like. I wish the TV had Netflix and not just Hulu and YouTube for streaming. The rooms are great. After staying in the Marriott Waterfront for the past 6 months, this is really refreshing. I just wish they had this rate every week. It was worth giving up my Marriott points!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.