Switzerland Luxury Hotels

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Switzerland Luxury Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2016, 11:14 am

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
Great job thanks. I am eyeing the Park Hotel Vitnau and the Alpina Staad for future visits. How would the Alpina be for skiing? We have never skied in Europe.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 11:15 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by kamel123
We mostly relaxed, but Villa Honegg would definitely be suited for hiking. There are easy hikes starting directly from the property, with nice views of Lake Lucerne. If you are into more difficult hikes, I would recommend hiring a car (although I am sure the hotel will also arrange). Some of the best known Swiss mountains are close (such as Mount Pilatus, Mount Rigi, Titlis). There is also the picturesque old town of Lucerne. Another activity is a boat tour on Lake Lucerne. I have not seen kayaking, but should be possible.

In the area there is also Park Hotel Vitznau (on the northern shore of Lake Lucerne, you can actually see it from Villa Honegg) - see my other review. This place is grander (although also smaller at <50 rooms), has better choice of gourmet food, but is also pricier. We enjoyed both.
Really helpful, thanks again!
Old Aug 14, 2016, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Wanted always try Victoria Jungfrau. Did a round trip in 2005 but with excemption of Montreux Palace I only saw the nice hotels from outside Student times
Old Aug 14, 2016, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LM225, you might check out The Lodge in Verbier (perhaps during Verbier Festival) (bookable via VS miles)
zermatt also seems pretty good for various kinds of small properties, and rentals including rentals at hotels

questions for anyone >
is La Reserve the only hotel with a boat on the lake?
is there anything reasonable in Lauterbrunnen area?

re small properties in switzerland >
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...s-montana.html
Verbier has villas that will book rooms - The Lodge, No 14, Solmai
kind of curious re Chetzeron Crans Montana (ski) and lonhea (spa)

kamel123, fantastic reports, thanks!
glad to hear Honegg is great, not just good looking
was restaurant crowded with non-guests?
are there guest-only areas?
does the seating in pool work well? villa-honegg.ch/en/spa/

seems Alpina has 14 apartments (1 added to inventory on dec 15 2013 as 850m2 5BR Alpina Suite on ground floor of hotel) i believe split between hotel and 1 chalet. plus 2 other chalets, a forbes article said both sold to russian buyer. using forbes pricing, if apartments averaged 446m2 their sales would exceed cost.

another apartment added to inventory jul 2016. 225m2 3BR Chalet Suite on 4th floor of the chalet with apartments.

top suite, 3BR 400m2 Panorama Suite may also be an apartment that was sold.

Originally Posted by kamel123
motion detectors around the bed, and when you would get up at night, a small lamp shining downwards from the bedside table would light up automatically in order to help you find your way around.
more properties should explore things like that
anyone seen things similar to that elsewhere?

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Oct 3, 2016 at 11:24 am
Old Aug 15, 2016, 12:13 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Great idea. I will add to this when I have some time - haven't stayed anywhere that beat 7132 suite including helicopter transfers yet!
Old Aug 15, 2016, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by price123
Great idea. I will add to this when I have some time - haven't stayed anywhere that beat 7132 suite including helicopter transfers yet!
some rooms by tadao ando
some rooms still renovating?
7132.com/en/rooms-and-suites

Originally Posted by bearbrick
to get away a bit and still be back to Zurich in a decent heartbeat i would suggest you try...VALS therme hotel...in VALS...via Chur...great waters ie pools great food great middle of nowhere location...and the hotel can be buzzing...be sure to book the newest rooms with the best views
Old Aug 15, 2016, 10:21 am

Really interesting thread!

My top Swiss vote goes to:-

Geneva - Four Seasons des Bergues.
Zurich - Baur au Lac
Gstaad - Alpina Gstaad
Old Aug 15, 2016, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
LM225
questions for anyone >
is there anything reasonable in Lauterbrunnen area?
Unfortunately difficult. If you want to be in the mountains (and not in Interlaken), there is the Hotel Schweizerhof in Grindelwald, which rents luxury chalets by the room, discussed in this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...endations.html

We have also looked into this place Hotel Aspen in Grindelwald (www.hotel-aspen.ch/) - nicely designed, but rather a solid 4-star.

Once it opens, Giardino Grindelwald may be nice (http://www.bergwelt-grindelwald.com/hotel.php?l=en)

LM225
glad to hear Honegg is great, not just good looking
was restaurant crowded with non-guests?
are there guest-only areas?
does the seating in pool work well? villa-honegg.ch/en/spa/
The restaurant had some non-guests, but they automatically held a table for us, so it was non an issue. Definitely not crowded.

I don't think there are guest-only areas, but the feel of the whole place was quite confidential - few non guests.

Seating in the pool works very well - very relaxing to enjoy the view.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 9:47 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
Interesting news in regards of the Hotel Villa Honegg and why the hotel is getting much more popular:

Hotel lands internet hit with outdoor pool video

The video by blogger Fabi Gama on Loucos por Viagem, entitled Stairway to Heaven, has accumulated more than 120 million clicks, according to news reports.

It shows Gama descending steps into the pool at the Hotel Villa Honegg that describes itself as a boutique hotel in the heart of Switzerland.

Located on Lake Lucerne the rooftop pool offers stunning mountain views.
The video on instagram...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BK_s0Scjly9/?hl=en

Further...

The hotel has been swamped by enquiries, many of them from overseas, and is dealing with around 300 emails per day in addition to phone calls day and night.

“We are getting ten times as many enquiries as we did before,”
said Sebastian Klink, the Villa Honegg’s head of administration.

“We are getting enquiries from the US, Australia and Ecuador,” said Klink, adding that there was also a surge in interest within Switzerland.

The hotel is fully booked until April 2017.
https://www.thelocal.ch/20161006/hot...oor-pool-video

The power of social media. Cheers & Safe Travels. ^
Old Oct 6, 2016, 10:16 am

120 million views? I find this highly questionable, considering the video has been viewed 88k times on Instagram and the account has 500k followers in total.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

could be other hosts, but "blogger" is openly travel industry professional

hotel is not "fully booked until April 2017" but may be worth waiting a bit

thanks again kamel123 !

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Oct 6, 2016 at 10:29 am
Old Oct 6, 2016, 10:24 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
Originally Posted by scented
120 million views? I find this highly questionable, considering the video has been viewed 88k times on Instagram and the account has 500k followers in total.
I presume they meant all outlet views [incl. newspapers or other blogs] who picked up the video around the world.

could be other hosts, but "blogger" is openly travel industry professional

hotel is not "fully booked until April 2017" but may be worth waiting a bit

thanks again kamel123 !
The instagram member who posted the video could have been a "guest" of the hotel, paid by him/herself or by the hotel/invitation, specially when it's a known blogger, it's not unheard of that such "bloggers" receive invitations to "try" the hotel for free and report in social media about it. Could be this way or could be the other way. Overall, it's fascinating in regards to the "power of social media", perceived or not.

I found it equally interesting to read about the "spike" in enquiries/bookings because of the 15/20sec. video. Also I guess, many of them haven't heard or thought about the Hotel Villa Honegg before they actually saw the video, at least that's my guess.

In regards to being booked out until April 2017, they could be, >>>
Sebastian Klink, the Villa Honegg’s head of administration.
Cheers & Safe Travels. ^

Last edited by uggboy; Oct 6, 2016 at 10:41 am
Old Oct 7, 2016, 10:57 am

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus
It is not just one guy and one post that is causing the hype.

I see Honegg at least once every few days on popular travel accounts and influencer outlets. I think they advertise well, and also it has kind of become on of those instagram photo locations.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
[QUOTE=tcmb99;27316167 I think they advertise well.[/QUOTE]

Indeed
Old Oct 11, 2016, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

uggboy, hotel website reservations shows availability

point was "blogger" website advertises services to industry/travelers

i cant recall where i initially noticed honegg years ago. perhaps closer to 2011 opening, a brief mention of opening. at the time it did not have much of a presence at all, anywhere online. perhaps they hired a PR firm.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Oct 13, 2016 at 10:10 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.