Wiki Posts
Search

Switzerland Luxury Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2017, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

interesting, thanks!

re vitznau from link >
day room (room with spa instead of overnight kind of brilliant idea)
800 "Access to the public spa area"
1000 "Access to the infinity pool and the sauna"
1200 "Access to the infinity pool and the sauna"
vs
750 / 1000 for hotel
day room is in jr suite, there are 13 (47 total)

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Aug 24, 2017 at 1:51 pm
Old Aug 24, 2017, 2:00 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
Great thread! Would love to visit some of these properties in 2018.

We are not skiers and enjoy hiking and some relaxation. Would May be ideal to take this kind of trip?
Old Aug 24, 2017, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by damaxer91
Great thread! Would love to visit some of these properties in 2018.

We are not skiers and enjoy hiking and some relaxation. Would May be ideal to take this kind of trip?
That is when we visited for the first time this year, so that is a 100% yes.

Originally Posted by bhrubin
Uh oh. Do you think that we will make the cut? Or do I have to beg you for a referral and pay you under the table?
I doubt they want me back there, so you'll have to beg elsewhere, my young proletarian.
damaxer91 and bhrubin like this.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 9:02 am

Alpina Gstaad - now this is more of what I have in mind when it comes to luxury hotels. Only having opened in 2012, it is once again another project of love where expense was not spared - a common theme in Swiss hotels. The service here is close to perfect, with the GM seemingly everywhere at every moment, the F&B team enjoying a maitre d' who may be insane, but is certainly memorable and cares deeply about his job, and the rest of the team clearly proud of where they work and offering a quality experience. The service really shone here, but the real highlight is the indoor pool, based underground and designed to look like a cave; and the outdoor heated (32C) pool, with not a selfie stick in sight.

Another common theme is sadly the poor quality of food. Except Vitznau and The Restaurant at The Dolder Grand, I have just not experienced good food in any of the hotels I've stayed in, and Alpina Gstaad has two Michelin 1 star restaurants. Both my partner and I compare their Japanese restaurant to many leagues below what London has to offer, and many of these are considerably lower-end. If you want to go into town, you can either walk for about 8 minutes, or ask them to take you in a brand new Tesla, which based on the acceleration takes about 8 seconds. That is where we had our best meal of the stay.

To conclude my 6 luxury hotel stays in Switzerland this year: I am going back next year to once again enjoy Villa Honegg. Only kidding. I'll be going back to Park Hotel Vitznau, and will try another 4 or 5 different hotels. I have been to most of the AMEX/R&C English countryside properties and they pale in comparison to what Switzerland can offer, whilst actually not being that much cheaper. Switzerland is an absolute beast at hospitality, possibly the largest collection of fine hotels in a single country, and is just a 2 hour flight away.

Master Suite living room

Master suite balcony view

Indoor pool

Jacuzzi

Jacuzzi

Main entrance

Full album
SanDiego1K, FlyerEC, mkm4 and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 9:14 am

Incredible photos, as always - thanks for sharing. I hope to try one or two of these next year.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 11:09 am

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
Just booked a two bedroom residence at Park Hotel Vitznau for 4 nights next summer. I love this thread. Thanks to Kamel and Macmyday for all of the fabulous photos and reviews.
obscure2k likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 11:21 am

I love Alpina Gstaad in summer. I also love a bunch of hotels in Switzerland, but the best food tends to be in Geneva and Zurich hotels.

MacMyDay's glorious photos make me want to return to Alpina. Thanks for this!
mkm4 likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 11:30 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Mac's photos got to me...Actively planning to visit Alpina Gstaad, Park V and Four Seasons Geneva next Spring!!!
Old Sep 10, 2017, 7:56 am

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
Fantastic pics of Alpina Gstaad. Too bad I am going to miss it due to scheduling issues.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 7:56 am

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
BTW, what the consensus for best luxury hotel in Lausanne?
Old Sep 10, 2017, 1:14 pm

-- --

Last edited by QPRfan; Nov 6, 2018 at 11:27 am
Old Sep 11, 2017, 6:32 am
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: SLH Indulged, M&M, SPG, IHG Elite, Hyatt Member
Originally Posted by BENLEE
BTW, what the consensus for best luxury hotel in Lausanne?
I stayed in the Chateau d'Ouchy, see my review here http://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revie...sanne-slh-1933
or here http://www.continentaltraveller.blog...in-switzerland

Really nice rooms and location, but no indoor spa.

I also saw a review of the much larger, neighboring Beau-Rivage Palace, which seems to be a partner hotel of the chateau (don't know what that entails), somewhere here, but can't find it now. Looks impressive though.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by QPRfan
Only stayed at the Lausanne Palace (home of the IOC) when there, not sure if it is the best, but a solid hotel
Originally Posted by lightwalker
I stayed in the Chateau d'Ouchy, see my review here http://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revie...sanne-slh-1933
or here http://www.continentaltraveller.blog...in-switzerland

Really nice rooms and location, but no indoor spa.

I also saw a review of the much larger, neighboring Beau-Rivage Palace, which seems to be a partner hotel of the chateau (don't know what that entails), somewhere here, but can't find it now. Looks impressive though.
Thanks! Will check them out.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 11:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

RC Geneva Hotel de la Paix

GENEVA — The Ritz-Carlton, together with the Manz family, has completed the renovation of The Ritz-Carlton Hotel de la Paix, Geneva, the legendary luxury hotel brand’s debut in Switzerland. Formerly known as Hotel de la Paix, Geneva, the 152-year-old hotel underwent a multi-million dollar renovation, extensive re-design and refurbishment, marking a new era in the evolving story of one of Geneva’s most elegant and historic hotels.

“With its storied past and legacy of outstanding service, rich culture, and culinary discoveries, Hotel de la Paix is an ideal fit for The Ritz-Carlton brand, which continues to grow and provide exceptional service and genuine care to our guests across the globe,” said Hervé Humler, President and Chief Operating Officer of The Ritz-Carlton, Bulgari and St. Regis Hotels & Resorts. “I am delighted to bring the brand and our renowned service to Switzerland - the country where the legendary hotelier Cesar Ritz was born.”

Positioned on the shore of Lake Geneva, with exceptional views of the city’s famous Jet d’Eau and Mont Blanc as a timeless backdrop, Hotel de la Paix has defined luxury in Geneva since its inception in 1865. It has also stood at the crossroads of history, inspiring many memorable gatherings including the International Congress of Peace, and has welcomed high-profile guests from across the globe, such as the Monaco Royal Family and notable American actor Orson Welles.

“We are very excited about the reopening of the Hotel de la Paix under The Ritz-Carlton brand,” said the Manz family. “We chose The Ritz-Carlton as operator because we are convinced that the expertise of The Ritz-Carlton in luxury hospitality is going to help this unique property to maintain its position as one of the leading luxury hotels in Geneva in years to come.”

The Ritz-Carlton Hotel de la Paix, Geneva has been thoughtfully renovated to seamlessly blend modern design, functionality and the hotel’s heritage. The newly restored public areas reflect a design concept created around art, time and nature, representing the hotel’s lakeside setting and the city of Geneva. In the hallways of the hotel’s atrium, guests will find an exhibition of tapestries that feature historical figures who played a role in attaining peace, from Giuseppe Garibaldi to Victor Hugo. Its 74 guestrooms, including 14 elegant suites, have been re-styled with a sleek and modern design. Floor-to-ceiling windows fill each room with natural light and are further enhanced by stunning views across Mont Blanc Square, Lake Geneva and the Jet d’Eau. The Grace Kelly Suite, named after the Princess of Monaco who was a regular guest at the hotel, is the hotel’s Presidential Suite, offering sophisticated art deco design and gold leaf gilding, creating an elegant sanctuary.
uggboy likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 5:52 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
Thanks for the headsup. Definitely should check it out.

BTW, anyone got any feedback about Baur Au Lac hotel in Zurich?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.