Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New HON Lounge in VIE

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2008, 8:30 am

Programs: LH, IHG
Originally Posted by vienna-resident
I am bumping this thread in the hope that somebody knows the definitive answer to the "Vienna HON lounge access with LH F ticket question".

While the OP stated that non-HON F ticket holders that connect in FRA/MUC in F do have access to the HON lounge, the OS website states that access is for HONs only.

Anybody knows?
I spoke with the AUA HON Circle Service and was told that due to the size of the lounge the access is restricted to HONs only.

Frank
Old Jan 17, 2008, 10:23 am

Programs: LH HON, Marriott Platinum, ...
Originally Posted by Frank_MIA
I spoke with the AUA HON Circle Service and was told that due to the size of the lounge the access is restricted to HONs only.
That's probably the reason why it's called HON Circle Lounge and not First Class lounge like in FRA, MUC and ZRH I would assume that once the new terminal is ready they will move the HONdehütte and extend it to accommodate regular F-Class passengers...
Old Jan 17, 2008, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by alfahund
I would assume that once the new terminal is ready they will move the HONdehütte and extend it to accommodate regular F-Class passengers...
I don't think so. Since LH does not care about their own F pax, why should OS care about a competitors F pax? So we'll see about that.

LH doesn't offer any First Class services to their First Class customers. Zero. None. Instead, F customers may enjoy small subset of HON services, that may or may not be available on a whimsical, mostly random case by case basis.

I doubt that the VIE HON lounge will be part of this small subset.
Old Jan 24, 2008, 6:19 am
hch

This monday I had a connection in VIE again and I wanted to go to the HON lounge despite my usual habbits (*). The old shortcut where the car driver guides you from the schengen bus/car arrivals through security and the wooden door into the lounge doesn't work anymore. There's not allowed to it due to customs concerns about people possibly leaving the sterile area via the HON lounge.

(*) I was trying to get a hot citrus for my sore throat. Of course it's not available in VIE unlike in FRA or MUC
Old Jan 24, 2008, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by hch
This monday I had a connection in VIE again and I wanted to go to the HON lounge despite my usual habbits (*). The old shortcut where the car driver guides you from the schengen bus/car arrivals through security and the wooden door into the lounge doesn't work anymore. There's not allowed to it due to customs concerns about people possibly leaving the sterile area via the HON lounge.

(*) I was trying to get a hot citrus for my sore throat. Of course it's not available in VIE unlike in FRA or MUC
And what's wrong with leaving sterile area? It's inside Schengen anyway, and anyway you normally leave the sterile area at B to go to gates...

Anyhow, I can't see much purpose in going there. Wasn't terribly impressed. Food is little better than SEN lounges, few newspapers. Only advantage is that it is less crowded.
It is also very hard to find if you don't know VIE airport, no directions/signs. And you have to reclear security at the gate also. I think I'll give it a miss next time.
Old Jun 21, 2008, 4:44 am

Programs: too many
Anything changed by now?

Originally Posted by 2035
Anyhow, I can't see much purpose in going there. Wasn't terribly impressed. Food is little better than SEN lounges, ...

It is also very hard to find if you don't know VIE airport, no directions/signs....
How is the food in that lounge by now, compared to other HON/First terminals/lounges? I will fly HAJ-VIE-BKK next week with the family and we thought to eat there so we can sleep right away when on board - but sounds like we will be disappointed?

And since it seems hard to find: Any pointers? I do not normally fly through VIE... thanks!
Old Jun 21, 2008, 8:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, AF FB Platinum
It is indeed a little difficult when you are not familiar with the VIE apt. You have to follow the sign "Limousines", then you have to pass the garage and leave it on the opposite side. The you can see an sign "PRIORITY TERMINAL". When you step aou of the garage you have to cross a smalöl place ond on the other side of the road you can read a small sign "HON CIRCLE". After ringing the bee left to the sliding door, it will open.
Normally the ladies at the welcome desc have got a list with all HONs leaving this day.
If the plans is leaving from an apron position a car will pick you up and bring you to the airplane.
There is a choice of cold antipasti, a pasta and sometimes a good hungarian gulyas. Some cake. A nice choice of vine and all type of coffe/espresso.
Salve Luigi
Old Jun 21, 2008, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by SenAOI
It is indeed a little difficult when you are not familiar with the VIE apt. You have to follow the sign "Limousines", then you have to pass the garage and leave it on the opposite side. The you can see an sign "PRIORITY TERMINAL". When you step aou of the garage you have to cross a smalöl place ond on the other side of the road you can read a small sign "HON CIRCLE". After ringing the bee left to the sliding door, it will open.
Normally the ladies at the welcome desc have got a list with all HONs leaving this day.
If the plans is leaving from an apron position a car will pick you up and bring you to the airplane.
There is a choice of cold antipasti, a pasta and sometimes a good hungarian gulyas. Some cake. A nice choice of vine and all type of coffe/espresso.
Salve Luigi
If in transit, you can also go through security at the B gates and ring the bell next to the second door on the right after security. It it unmarked, and noone in the area knows about it, they will give you blank stares. I did this last week with no problems - it is much easier than going through the car park, where I get lost.
PS - there were 8 HONs on the VIE-MUC flight, out of around 50 pax - is this a record? 4 limos met us in MUC on the tarmac, plus a small bus for the non-HONs....
Old Jun 21, 2008, 1:00 pm
hch

If in transit, you can also go through security at the B gates and ring the bell next to the second door on the right after security. It it unmarked, and noone in the area knows about it, they will give you blank stares. I did this last week with no problems - it is much easier than going through the car park, where I get lost.
I was told a while ago that this is not allowed anymore, because a HON could sneak out of the terminal without going through customs that way. But generally I just don't go to it anymore at all. There's very little reason to go there, and the healthy drink I wanted to get there last time I visited it was of course not available anyway..

PS - there were 8 HONs on the VIE-MUC flight, out of around 50 pax - is this a record? 4 limos met us in MUC on the tarmac, plus a small bus for the non-HONs....
I had five HONs/F-Pax out of about 40 Pax on a FRA-INN Dash8 long time ago. We had to use a single Van for all of us
Old Apr 22, 2010, 11:23 am
skn

Programs: FB going down, LH HON
the HON/priority check in has a private car parking on the first floor of "Parking 3". Is it free for HONs?
Old Apr 23, 2010, 1:02 pm

Programs: LH HON, Marriott Platinum, ...
Originally Posted by skn
the HON/priority check in has a private car parking on the first floor of "Parking 3". Is it free for HONs?
According to the lady in the HON Lounge it is free for a week, but you can only get in with your HON-Circle card without Credit Card functionality. I tried it a few weeks ago with my MasterCard and it wouldn't let me in...
Old Nov 30, 2010, 9:51 am

pictures of the hon circle lounge in Vienna

Visited the lounge this weekend and was able to take some pictures because we were the only guests.

http://www.so-war-mein-flug.de/index...5b8a921b926e83
Old Nov 30, 2010, 10:27 am

Programs: Disgruntled HON**, Indifferent EK Gold, skeptical BA Silver
Originally Posted by Meilensammler
Visited the lounge this weekend and was able to take some pictures because we were the only guests.

http://www.so-war-mein-flug.de/index...5b8a921b926e83
Thanks for the pics, I have to call my Grandmother though, someone obviously stole her cabinet!

http://www.so-war-mein-flug.de/uploa...5be2480a94.jpg
Old Apr 18, 2014, 12:50 am

Programs: LH SEN
I am bringing up this old discussion as I assume things have changed with the opening of the new terminal in Vienna.

Flying ORD -ZRH in F class, connecting ZRH-VIE and further on from Vie do I have access to first class lounge in Vie? And would I get driven to the apron position?

Thanks
Old Apr 18, 2014, 3:40 am

Programs: LH HON*****, AF/KL Gold; HHilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinium; Avis PresClub
[QUOTE=Skyluke;22723109 connecting ZRH-VIE and further on from Vie do I have access to first class lounge in Vie? And would I get driven to the apron position?Thanks[/QUOTE]

No. You should not have access to the HON Lounge, nor be driven to the aircraft, if it has an apron position.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.