Wiki Posts
Search

New HON Lounge in VIE

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2007, 6:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, AF FB Platinum
New HON Lounge in VIE

As I have heard recently, AUA will open thier new HON lounge in Vienna on Sunday, July 15th. There will be a direct access from outside with own check-in- and security-facilities. The catering will be done by Do & Co.
As AUA has no F-flights leaving Vienna, it will be a real HON lounge for the about 300 AUA HONs and other HONs leaving VIE and -of course- pax who are flying longhaul-F via FRA, MUC or ZRH.
Salve Luigi
Old Jul 4, 2007, 6:32 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
The lounge will be located on the old business lounge at the B gates. This lounge was closed about 3 years ago.
Old Jul 4, 2007, 7:26 am
hch

Originally Posted by szg
The lounge will be located on the old business lounge at the B gates. This lounge was closed about 3 years ago.
Can't remember that lounge. Is it actually downstairs off the crowded corridor connecting the various B gates?
Old Jul 4, 2007, 7:29 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by hch
Can't remember that lounge. Is it actually downstairs off the crowded corridor connecting the various B gates?
It is located on the B gates, after the security control on the right side. There was an OS Business lounge.
Old Jul 4, 2007, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by SenAOI
As AUA has no F-flights leaving Vienna, it will be a real HON lounge for the about 300 AUA HONs and other HONs leaving VIE and -of course- pax who are flying longhaul-F via FRA, MUC or ZRH.
Salve Luigi
is that all? 300 in AT? do you happen to know how many HONs in CH and DE? What is the grand total?

Ti ringrazio...
yapak2
Old Jul 4, 2007, 10:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, AF FB Platinum
AFAIK they are ~ 3.000 now alltogether.
Salve Luigi
Old Dec 21, 2007, 12:46 pm

Programs: LH SEN
VIE Hon Circle Lounge with LH F

Hi,

I am flying from VIE via FRA to LAX. FRA-LAX is LH F and
VIE-FRA is C. Is it possible to use the OS Hon Circle Lounge in Vienna with the LH F ticket for the same day?
Old Dec 21, 2007, 12:52 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

I've moved your thread as the answer to the question is in post #1
Old Dec 22, 2007, 1:38 pm

Programs: BAEC GfL;LH M&M FQTV ; SPG Gold ; A-Club Gold;HHonnors Diamond
Originally Posted by marco_polo73
Hi,

I am flying from VIE via FRA to LAX. FRA-LAX is LH F and
VIE-FRA is C. Is it possible to use the OS Hon Circle Lounge in Vienna with the LH F ticket for the same day?
similar question:
I am going to fly VIE-MUC-GRU in LH F-Class.What check-in and lounge I can use at VIE ?Has somebody used the Hon Cirlce Lounge/check in when travelling
First (without status)?
In MUC I guess you enter the F-Lounge from the Schengen level and inside you move upwards to non-schengen (on the way to GRU).Individual limousine transfer to aircraft just when remote parking of plane?

Many thanks for your answers, as i don`t have much experience with LH/star alliance as regular ba flyer.

kind regards,
ettrich
Old Dec 22, 2007, 6:15 pm

Programs: M&M: HON/*GOLD
Originally Posted by ettrich
similar question:
I am going to fly VIE-MUC-GRU in LH F-Class.What check-in and lounge I can use at VIE ?Has somebody used the Hon Cirlce Lounge/check in when travelling
First (without status)?
In MUC I guess you enter the F-Lounge from the Schengen level and inside you move upwards to non-schengen (on the way to GRU).Individual limousine transfer to aircraft just when remote parking of plane?

Many thanks for your answers, as i don`t have much experience with LH/star alliance as regular ba flyer.

kind regards,
ettrich

You can check-in at the First-Class/HON-Circle area in Vienna and use the lounge as you are on LH First within 24 hours.

In Munich you enter the First-Class lounge from the Schengen level and leave it to the Non-Schengen level. They will take your passport when you enter the lounge. If you are hungry and fancy some Bavarian specialities, do try the white sausages -- always delicious.

Re limousine transfer, this is provided if the a/c is at a remote stand. The A-340 to GRU should use boarding bridges, yet flight from Vienna, depending on the aircraft, might park at a tarmac position. In that case limousine pick-up is provided, if they have enough capacity. You can always ask for it upon check-in in Vienna.

Enjoy your flight and welcome to the world of LH.
Old Dec 23, 2007, 4:23 am

I checked the websites of OS, LH and LX and the respective lounge guides. Out of that information it seems that the OS HON Lounge in Vienna is only for HON but not for intercon LH F passengers.

Since the lounge is operated by OS which does not offer F I could imagine that this is actually only for HONs but not LH F passengers.

Did anyone actually use the Vienna OS HON Cirlce Lounge (the one in the vip/priority terminal) flying ex VIE on C and with a LH F conneceting ticket but no status?
Old Dec 23, 2007, 1:37 pm

many thanks for the answers so far.
Am I correct that i could use the extra senator/hon check in the main terminal (left to the the entrance door to the gates) but not the new hon facility with extra entrance vip/priority terminal?how you get to this place exactly?
Lounge would be normal os business lounge or senator lounge ?How is the senator lounge in VIE (is it at the c -gates?)

would be interesting to get someone`s experience who really did a LH or LX F-trip without status, starting at VIE, recently

kind regards,
ettrich

I checked the websites of OS, LH and LX and the respective lounge guides. Out of that information it seems that the OS HON Lounge in Vienna is only for HON but not for intercon LH F passengers.

Since the lounge is operated by OS which does not offer F I could imagine that this is actually only for HONs but not LH F passengers.

Did anyone actually use the Vienna OS HON Cirlce Lounge (the one in the vip/priority terminal) flying ex VIE on C and with a LH F conneceting ticket but no status?
Old Dec 24, 2007, 2:43 am

hi ettrich,

if you fly LH F intercontinental with a C class connection
departing from Vie I know for sure that you can use the priority (Senator) check in at VIE airport which is
located between Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 on the left
before the bording pass control.

You also can use the Austrian Senator Lounge which is -
as a Star Gold Lounge - open for travellers holding a F class ticket for the same day (even from a different airport). The OS Sen Lounge at VIE is actually very nice - better than the LH Sen Lounges.

However what I am not sure - and nobody really seems to know - if you can use the new Hon Circle lounge in the VIP/Priority terminal of Vienna Airport. Anyone knows?
Old Dec 24, 2007, 12:34 pm

Dear marco_polo73,

Many thanks for your (and of course all other) advises.
About the HON CheckIn and First Class Ticket let`s see and wait.Let`s try to keep the thread alive, maybe somebody is leaving VIE with a First ticket soon and will report to us.

kind regards,
ettrich

hi ettrich,

if you fly LH F intercontinental with a C class connection
departing from Vie I know for sure that you can use the priority (Senator) check in at VIE airport which is
located between Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 on the left
before the bording pass control.

You also can use the Austrian Senator Lounge which is -
as a Star Gold Lounge - open for travellers holding a F class ticket for the same day (even from a different airport). The OS Sen Lounge at VIE is actually very nice - better than the LH Sen Lounges.

However what I am not sure - and nobody really seems to know - if you can use the new Hon Circle lounge in the VIP/Priority terminal of Vienna Airport. Anyone knows?
Old Jan 17, 2008, 4:52 am
formerly vienna-resident
Marriott Contributor Badge

I am bumping this thread in the hope that somebody knows the definitive answer to the "Vienna HON lounge access with LH F ticket question".

While the OP stated that non-HON F ticket holders that connect in FRA/MUC in F do have access to the HON lounge, the OS website states that access is for HONs only.

Anybody knows?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.