Wiki Posts
Search

Flying SEN with FTL Status

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2006, 2:40 am
Original Poster

Flying SEN with FTL Status

Hi,

i booked 2 ticket in Jan this year flying with LH to from FRA to SIN. At this point in time I was SEN and the tickets are issued on my SEN Credit Card.

I assume that the tickets are then marked as the SEN, so do I gain all SEN previliges? I bought and paid the tickets at the point in time I was SEN. Thanks.

bdoan
Old Aug 22, 2006, 2:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
If you do not have SEN status at the time of your flights you will not have the SEN benefits. Your boarding pass will state your current status regardless of how the tickets were paid.
Old Aug 28, 2006, 5:44 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by Rambuster
If you do not have SEN status at the time of your flights you will not have the SEN benefits. Your boarding pass will state your current status regardless of how the tickets were paid.
Are you sure ?

I booked many LX awards just before good old TC terminated. On each boarding pass since, there is still TCGM marked and not SEN. (makes me kind of happy

Even both status being equivalent, I wonder if the PNR does not contain the status of the time of issuing the ticket and therefore prints this on the boarding pass.

This being without any value as lounges always require to see the valid SEN card for entry. (The sometimes wrong information on the boarding passes might be the reason for this).
Old Aug 28, 2006, 6:57 am

Programs: QF LTG, LH (SEN*** till 02/26), AF, AA, AB-G†
Originally Posted by behuman
Are you sure ?

I booked many LX awards just before good old TC terminated. On each boarding pass since, there is still TCGM marked and not SEN. (makes me kind of happy

Even both status being equivalent, I wonder if the PNR does not contain the status of the time of issuing the ticket and therefore prints this on the boarding pass.

This being without any value as lounges always require to see the valid SEN card for entry. (The sometimes wrong information on the boarding passes might be the reason for this).
Yes! This is the reason why you have to show your card. The check-in agent will manually adjust your status to your current one, as this is the only thing that counts.

It works the other way round. If you book a ticket as FTL and get upgraded to SEN in the meantime you are - of course - entitled to all SEN benefits. The check-in agent changes the status manually.

Why should you keep your benefits when you lost your status?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.