PrivatAir - any recent experiences?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2006, 4:21 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: SQ, UA, BD
PrivatAir - any recent experiences?

Hello Everyone,

I'm thinking of booking PrivatAir from MUC to EWR and back in December. I did use the search function but came up with threads that were dated March 2005 - I'm guessing that there was some sort of update in the meantime?

I look forward to reading your responses!
Old Aug 27, 2006, 10:44 am
Suspended
Original Poster

47 views and still no response....?
Old Aug 27, 2006, 11:02 am

Programs: LH Sen, PPS, FB Platinum, Enrich Silver, SPG Plat
Your handle seems to describe you well, otherwise you would have found that the same question was asked on August 3, 2006 for the last time

Relatively easy to find if you search for PRIVATAIR and MUC.....

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=586213

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=551407

Cheers, S
Old Aug 27, 2006, 11:24 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DFW-SEN
Your handle seems to describe you well, otherwise you would have found that the same question was asked on August 3, 2006 for the last time
I deserved that

Thanks for the links!
Old Aug 27, 2006, 11:35 am

Programs: LH Sen, PPS, FB Platinum, Enrich Silver, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by attention deficit
I deserved that

Thanks for the links!
No charge

S
Old Aug 28, 2006, 9:29 am

my mother just arrived this Friday from MUC-EWR and was not too thrilled with the seats(she had booked 1C and 1A was unoccupied)...too narrow and according to her the new C seats on the LH metal are better.....I cant comment on that but the personal service was very good and that, in a way made up for it.......
I know that this is not what you would like to hear...but i think overall this all C class service was rated well....fewer people .....just consider quicker boarding/deboarding luggage unloading times.....
AD
Originally Posted by attention deficit
Hello Everyone,

I'm thinking of booking PrivatAir from MUC to EWR and back in December. I did use the search function but came up with threads that were dated March 2005 - I'm guessing that there was some sort of update in the meantime?

I look forward to reading your responses!
Old Aug 28, 2006, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by divjan
my mother just arrived this Friday from MUC-EWR and was not too thrilled with the seats(she had booked 1C and 1A was unoccupied)...too narrow and according to her the new C seats on the LH metal are better.....I cant comment on that but the personal service was very good and that, in a way made up for it.......
I know that this is not what you would like to hear...but i think overall this all C class service was rated well....fewer people .....just consider quicker boarding/deboarding luggage unloading times.....
AD
Just to put this a little bit into perspective:

MUC-EWR now has much better seats than DUS-EWR/DUS-ORD.

No US carrier has C seats that get anywhere close, even if they call it BusinessElite or BusinessFirst....and take an equal amount of money.

The lady would have loved the old seats on this flight from about 1 year ago.
Old Aug 28, 2006, 3:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I took the EWR-MUC service at the end of July and to be honest I was less than impressed. The seats are not comfortable, very hard.

Inflight service was less than satisfactory with it taking over 3 hours to serve dinner, I gave up and fell asleep waiting for dessert!

I was also sat towards the rear of the plane which suffers from loud engine noise.

That said, the speed and ease of boarding is fantastic as many have reported before. If you get a better crew than I did and don't mind a very firm seat you might have a different opinon of the product.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.