Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can't assign seat in My Bookings

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2017, 5:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
Can't assign seat in My Bookings

First time this has ever happened
A senator who cant choose/assign basic seats let alone Preferred Hon?Sen seats on either LH.com or swiss.com Whats the problem? Am I the only one?
Yet on swiss.com with a UA redemption ticket on LX can choose seats on both LH.com and swiss.com including preferred seats^
Is something broken?
Old Apr 19, 2017, 5:44 am

Programs: LH HON*****, AF/KL Gold; HHilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinium; Avis PresClub
Is your ticket already issued? If not, that's the reason. Seat selection works only during online booking or after ticket is issued.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 9:32 am

Is this a M&M award ticket or $ ticket?
Old Apr 19, 2017, 11:43 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
I'm experiencing similar. Already assigned a seat, but want to change it. LH.com is not allowing it. Ticket is issued, of course. Will be interesting to hear more from OP.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 10:59 pm

Programs: SK*G
Originally Posted by Grog
I'm experiencing similar. Already assigned a seat, but want to change it. LH.com is not allowing it. Ticket is issued, of course. Will be interesting to hear more from OP.
Something is broken. I managed to get seat selection by logging into miles & more, adding the booking and then choosing seat selection - which redirected me back to LH.com with the 'Edit seats' option now visible.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by pobbop
Something is broken. I managed to get seat selection by logging into miles & more, adding the booking and then choosing seat selection - which redirected me back to LH.com with the 'Edit seats' option now visible.
Indeed something is broken. Today I now receive:

Your seat reservations were made offline and thus, cannot be changed on LH.com. If you wish to change your seat selection, kindly contact your issuing office.
But, of course, I did make it online and on LH.com.

It's not vital that I change it online, but if the ability is a passenger's benefit, then it should function properly. I will be calling.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 10:52 am

It's not vital that I change it online, but if the ability is a passenger's benefit, then it should function properly. I will be calling.
Keep us posted.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 2:53 pm

Checked again and suddenly not showing any seat reservation at all. Called and explained. Agent would only guess at the cause of me not being able to change it, as well as the reason for it dropping altogether. Now I'm reserved where I want to be, but I'm unwilling to pay an extra $100 for my wife's seat. I'll cross my fingers that SEN seat blocking keeps it open for her. If it doesn't, hopefully that means the flight will be full and an upgrade would be in our stars.

Last edited by Grog; Apr 27, 2017 at 9:30 am
Old Apr 23, 2017, 4:37 pm

Checked again and suddenly not showing any seat reservation at all. Called and explained. Agent would only guess at the cause of me not being able to change it, as well as the reason for it dropping altogether. Now I'm reserved where I want to be, but I'm unwilling to pay an extra $100 for my wife's seat. I'll cross my fingers that SEN seat blocking keeps it open for her. If it doesn't, hopefully that means the flight will be full and an upgrade would be in our stars.
This looks like overconfidence/overoptimism to me.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by mmff
This looks like overconfidence/overoptimism to me.
Me, too.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 5:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
Originally Posted by athome
Is your ticket already issued? If not, that's the reason. Seat selection works only during online booking or after ticket is issued.
Ticket issued can assign seats on Swiss.com for LX flights
LH.com does not show any option for seat assignment Call centre in US cant assign Senator preferred seats in C DE Senator call centre can
Why is lH.com still broken?
Interestingly a separate booking with UAmiles TLV-ZRH-MXP allows seating assignment on LH.com and all flights are on LX! Go figure
Old Apr 27, 2017, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by cbourl
Ticket issued can assign seats on Swiss.com for LX flights
LH.com does not show any option for seat assignment Call centre in US cant assign Senator preferred seats in C DE Senator call centre can
Why is lH.com still broken?
Interestingly a separate booking with UAmiles TLV-ZRH-MXP allows seating assignment on LH.com and all flights are on LX! Go figure
I have sympathy. It's pathetic that these problems arose in the first place and even more that they are not solved quickly. For instance, with my seat reservation that I first could not make or then change. Now it's dropped out for the second time and I could not reenter it. I called and was told it's because of a error in the "seat purchase transaction", even though it should be a no-cost transaction.

According to the agent, at time of seat reservation, the system expects to get more money (no surprise, right?). But when the amount is 0€, there is no purchase transaction. So, after a few days, the system thinks that I didn't pay my 0€ and throws out the seat.

It's sounds plausible, but at the same time absolutely insane for a :-::-::-::-::-: airline in the 21st century. Alas, a yet another reason LH is not :-::-::-::-::-: in my book.

Agent told me he's now done something to let the system believe that a payment took place. I have 62% faith in it.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 2:10 pm

Programs: AA PP, UA 1K/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Gold
Ticketed with on 016 stock, all flights are LH in J/C, but I can't change seats on LH.com, Swiss.com or in the LH app on iOS. Any ideas why?
Old Mar 24, 2018, 2:48 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by Infinite1K
Ticketed with on 016 stock, all flights are LH in J/C, but I can't change seats on LH.com, Swiss.com or in the LH app on iOS. Any ideas why?
Are they booked as codeshare with UA flight numbers? If yes, see the thread below. Apparently, the only solution is to call LH to assign seats.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...-paid-j-8.html
Old Mar 24, 2018, 10:18 pm

Programs: AA PP, UA 1K/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Gold
Originally Posted by gusd

Are they booked as codeshare with UA flight numbers? If yes, see the thread below. Apparently, the only solution is to call LH to assign seats.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...-paid-j-8.html
They were originally UA codeshare, but were converted to LH flight numbers in order for the United Upgrades to be applied.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.