Wiki Posts
Search

Transiting through frankfurt airport

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2016, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

Transiting through frankfurt airport

Hello friends,

I am traveling to canada on monday from malabo, guinea ecuatorial on Lufthansa. I have a layover in frankfurt for about 3 hours then ill take a plane to canada on Air Canada

I am a lebanese national with a valid canadian visa and i wanted to ask if i needed a transit visa to board the lufthansa airlines plane for a layover in frankfurt airport.

Regards
Old Sep 28, 2016, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
As long as you arrive from a non-Schengen country to FRA and you depart to a non-Schengen country you will be fine as you will be able to stay in (non-Schengen) transit at FRA without a Schengen visa.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 12:55 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Welcome to FlyerTalk, Hassanfahs!

Based on the information you provided I searched the IATA website and found the following:

Passengers transiting only are exempt from holding a visa when:
Nationals of Lebanon holding onward tickets in transit **AND** meeting one of the following conditions:

holding a valid visa issued by Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Cyprus, Ireland (Rep.), Japan, Romania, USA or United Kingdom traveling to any non-Schengen Member State;

A max. transit time of 24 hours through Frankfurt (FRA) or Munich (MUC).
As SK AAR has said you don't need a Schengen visa if you stay in the non-Schengen transit area of the airport.

You may like to check for yourself entering your personal data on this website: http://www.iatatravelcentre.com/pass...quirements.htm
Old Sep 28, 2016, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SK AAR
As long as you arrive from a non-Schengen country to FRA and you depart to a non-Schengen country you will be fine as you will be able to stay in (non-Schengen) transit at FRA without a Schengen visa.

Thank you very much for your help
Old Sep 28, 2016, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Welcome to FlyerTalk, Hassanfahs!

Based on the information you provided I searched the IATA website and found the following:

As SK AAR has said you don't need a Schengen visa if you stay in the non-Schengen transit area of the airport.

You may like to check for yourself entering your personal data on this website: http://www.iatatravelcentre.com/pass...quirements.htm

Thank you very much for your help
Old Sep 28, 2016, 1:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA GM, AA GM, DL GM
If the flight from Malabo/Lagos arrives at a Z gate and the flight to Canada leaves from a B gate, is it possible to easily transfer between the gate areas while staying in the non-schengen zone, or would that require special assistance such as a by-request shuttle bus?
Old Sep 28, 2016, 2:03 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by UA1K_no_more
If the flight from Malabo/Lagos arrives at a Z gate and the flight to Canada leaves from a B gate, is it possible to easily transfer between the gate areas while staying in the non-schengen zone, or would that require special assistance such as a by-request shuttle bus?
Yes, you can take the Skyline train from Z to B/C (the first stop) and remain within non-Schengen.

FRA may seem confusing but you can transfer between B, C and Z without entering Schengen.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 2:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA GM, AA GM, DL GM
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Yes, you can take the Skyline train from Z to B/C (the first stop) and remain within non-Schengen.

FRA may seem confusing but you can transfer between B, C and Z without entering Schengen.
Thanks for your help.
I also found the answer in this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...on-thread.html
Old Sep 28, 2016, 5:04 pm
Original Poster

Thank u for the guides and info
Much appreciated guys
Old Oct 2, 2016, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Intl to Intl transfers are very common in airports of any size, so they are already set up to keep in in the "transit" side of things.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.