Wiki Posts
Search

LH Now TSA PREcheck Eligible

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2016, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Lufthansa will joined TSA PreCheck

This is first European Airlines who joined TSA PreCheck. Lufthansa will have TSA PreCheck.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel...heck/89768796/

Finally!! It's long overdue!!!
Old Sep 4, 2016, 2:07 am
mxr

Programs: CX DM
Originally Posted by N830MH
This is first European Airlines who joined TSA PreCheck. Lufthansa will have TSA PreCheck.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel...heck/89768796/

Finally!! It's long overdue!!!
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...-eligible.html

Its the 11th post on this page, hard to miss
Old Sep 4, 2016, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by mxr
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...-eligible.html

Its the 11th post on this page, hard to miss
Yeah, I didn't see it yet. Oh well!
Old Sep 4, 2016, 5:15 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Yupee! Will make use of this for my almost weekly trips through ORD - if only it works!

I have entered my KTN in every booking I had with AA, DL and UA and never ever did I have TSAPre on my boarding pass.

Let's see if it works with Lufthansa. Would be great. Although the ladies of the Lufthansa HON team also do a great job in accompanying pax through security.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nice, I have an upcoming JFK-FRA flight on a UA ticket and looking at my booking on LH and I see my KTN has been transferred from UA. Hopefully it will stick.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 2:19 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
So, just to understand in which cases people have managed to make this work:
  • Only US passport holders or also German passport holders that are enrolled in GE?
  • Also those that do not have a separate GE or TSAPre card, but just the enrolment in GE and the little CBP sticker in their passport (which should be the default for all non-US citizens that have GE)?
  • On itineraries involving only Lufthansa, on UA ticket stock?
  • On itineraries involving only Lufthansa, on LH ticket stock?
  • On itineraries involving only US-based carriers (UA, DL, AA), on their ticket stock?
  • On itineraries involving a mix of Lufthansa and UA, on UA ticket stock?
  • On itineraries involving a mix of Lufthansa and UA, on LH ticket stock?
  • On itineraries involving a mix of a European carrier not participating (e.g. BA) and their US partner, for the US-operated part of the itinerary, on European carrier ticket stock?
  • On itineraries involving a mix of a European carrier not participating (e.g. BA) and their US partner, for the US-operated part of the itinerary, on US partner ticket stock?
  • On booking references that also include a person that does not have GE?
  • On itineraries that commence in the US?
  • On itineraries that commence in Europe?

I think I have tried all possible combinations, every time my KTN was in the booking minimum 48 hours before. On purely domestic bookings in the USA, on mixed intl/domestic bookings only with USA airlines, on mixed intl/domestic with a mix of airlines, on different ticket stock, different origination countries, alone and with others in my booking... I *never* had TSAPre on my boarding pass. Really frustrating. Hence my curiosity about other people's experiences
Old Sep 5, 2016, 4:12 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
  • Only US passport holders or also German passport holders that are enrolled in GE?
  • Also those that do not have a separate GE or TSAPre card, but just the enrolment in GE and the little CBP sticker in their passport (which should be the default for all non-US citizens that have GE)?
  • On itineraries involving only US-based carriers (UA, DL, AA), on their ticket stock?
  • On itineraries involving a mix of a European carrier not participating (e.g. BA) and their US partner, for the US-operated part of the itinerary, on European carrier ticket stock?
  • On itineraries involving a mix of a European carrier not participating (e.g. BA) and their US partner, for the US-operated part of the itinerary, on US partner ticket stock?

I think I have tried all possible combinations, every time my KTN was in the booking minimum 48 hours before. On purely domestic bookings in the USA, on mixed intl/domestic bookings only with USA airlines, on mixed intl/domestic with a mix of airlines, on different ticket stock, different origination countries, alone and with others in my booking... I *never* had TSAPre on my boarding pass. Really frustrating. Hence my curiosity about other people's experiences
I have a german passport, have only enrolled in GE and have no card.

On all applicable flights (on a US carrier leaving from a US Airport) I had precheck on my BP. For flights originating DE I always had to reprint my UA/AA/US BP or get a mobile BP from them as LH could not display it until recently.

Over the last months, when travelling with a companion in the same booking, even they had a 100% PreCheck success rate although not enrolled.

So, are you sure you're using the right number? Otherwise, you have to be on some kind of blacklist I guess...
Old Sep 5, 2016, 4:12 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
From personal experience, I can speak to the following historic cases (background: I am a USA Passport holder with GE).

Has never worked for for me.

Usually works fine for me on domestic USA itineraries.

Has worked occasionally but rarely when the feeder leg is on UA.

This has worked at least once I can remember (for both me and my travel companion).

Works occasionally on USA carriers/USA ticket stock.

Works rarely on USA carriers/USA ticket stock.

I am flying this week on mixed carriers on LH ticket stock (all LH code shares), so we'll see how it goes under the new agreement.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 6:00 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Last year I was on LH connecting to UA in IAD, pre showed up when I reprinted the UA BP at a UA kiosk in IAD. When I got that rebooked to a different flight, pre again showed up on the new BP. The ticket was on 220 LH stock. On the return UA went all paranoid (as usual with 220 tickets) and I had to get my BP at the checkin desk and had no pre check on the BP.

This year I booked a straightforward UA doemstic ticket and entered my KTN and got precheck for me and my kids on the same reservation.

That aside, I'm wondering where precheck would really help LH travellers:

- EWR: no use, there is no precheck line in the section LH uses.
- DTW: precheck lane is on the other end of the north terminal
- IAD maybe useful for the FRA departures, MUC all is empty anyway
- JFK T1 no precheck
Old Sep 5, 2016, 6:38 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by oliver2002

- JFK T1 no precheck
I would add:
- PHL: precheck line sometimes longer than regular line.

OTOH:

- CLT: precheck can be helpful.
- ORD: precheck better since TSA @ORD came under huge criticism in the press.
- I hear reports that DEN is also getting better, though my personal experience there is not great, pre, priority, or regular status.
- precheck at select feeder stations I frequent could be nice for me if I can now count on precheck more consistently when traveling on LH stock (e.g., CMH, IND, SAV)

The general idea of leaving shoes and jackets on and a bit less of a pseudo-microspcoic examination at the security checkpoint is in general appealing.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 7:18 am

Programs: LH HON
Last year I was on LH connecting to UA in IAD, pre showed up when I reprinted the UA BP at a UA kiosk in IAD. When I got that rebooked to a different flight, pre again showed up on the new BP. The ticket was on 220 LH stock. On the return UA went all paranoid (as usual with 220 tickets) and I had to get my BP at the checkin desk and had no pre check on the BP.

This year I booked a straightforward UA doemstic ticket and entered my KTN and got precheck for me and my kids on the same reservation.

- JFK T1 no precheck
I would say CLT, IAD, BOS, ATL, IAH, SEA, SFO and ORD immediately.

LAX/JFK/EWR: Maybe they add precheck now that they have an actual Airline that could use it?
Old Sep 5, 2016, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

- JFK T1 no precheck
Maybe they'll add a precheck line there since LH is now in the program.?
Old Sep 6, 2016, 8:56 am

Programs: UA 1P-1MM, Marriott LT Titanium

As a rule of thumb, you need to ensure that your name on the BP exactly matches the name that you used when you got your KTN (GE or PreCheck). There are threads in the UA forum that have a lot of discussion around the name matching and issues with it.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!

- JFK T1 no precheck
DFW/IAH?

Not much help at LAX unless they've added a Precheck lane at TBIT since I was last through there about a year and a half ago. In theory, you could go over to the Pre checkpoint at T4 though.

Originally Posted by tods27
As a rule of thumb, you need to ensure that your name on the BP exactly matches the name that you used when you got your KTN (GE or PreCheck). There are threads in the UA forum that have a lot of discussion around the name matching and issues with it.
For sure, make them match if possible. However, my Global Entry card (to use my posting handle as my real name for a moment; first name The, middle name BOS, last name man) says The BOS man, but I've always booked tickets under The B Man (this format matches both my passport and my driver's license, my most used forms of ID at TSA checkpoint) and have had no issues since Precheck began. I would not rely on this though.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by TomMM
Maybe they'll add a precheck line there since LH is now in the program.?
I have noticed TSApre signs (not installed yet) right after security, far left near LH lounge few times now, i have a feeling it will be just a matter of time before they get put up

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.