Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa-Germanwings 2015 pilot strikes

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2015, 10:35 am

Not LH employee strike, but security screeners at Hamburg, Hannover and Stuttgart are calling for a strike tomrw. LH has canceled a handful of flights so far.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by bradmoss
My god, I have a booking Sao Paolo - Frankfurt and then Munich - Sao Paolo this July, LH's pilots didn't get a deal yet?
We're not allowed to publish the July strike schedule yet.....
Old Feb 8, 2015, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by LufthansaFlyer
Not LH employee strike, but security screeners at Hamburg, Hannover and Stuttgart are calling for a strike tomrw. LH has canceled a handful of flights so far.
Not that I don't trust you but would like to read more on it. Do you have a source?
Old Feb 8, 2015, 11:04 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
German airports strike on Monday leads to cancelled flights (Reuters)

Announced strike of security personnel at the airports Hamburg , Hannover and Stuttgart for 09/02/2015 (Lufthansa)

Because of announced warning strikes of security personnel at the airports Hamburg, Hannover and Stuttgart on Monday 09/02/2015, Lufthansa expects longer waiting times at security checkpoints and restrictions of air traffic.

Strikes are announced for the following periods:
Hamburg: 00.00 - 24.00 hours
Hannover: 04.30 - 21.00 hours
Stuttgart: 00.00 - 24.00 hours

Lufthansa will perform precautionary flight cancellations in the early afternoon of 08/02/2015 for flights from Hamburg and publish them here.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Feb 8, 2015 at 11:26 am Reason: added quote from LH website
Old Feb 8, 2015, 11:17 am

i hope the parties can come to some sort of agreement and get back to business as usual and fly people to their destinations
Old Feb 8, 2015, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by mmff
Not that I don't trust you but would like to read more on it. Do you have a source?
Believe me now?? I'm not exactly in a position where I can MSU.......
Old Feb 8, 2015, 11:28 am

Thanks for the links.

Believe me now?? I'm not exactly in a position where I can MSU.......
Just so it's clear, I truly meant it when I said "not that I don't trust you".

I wanted more information and it was not easy to search for the links on the device I was using. Once again, thank you and NewbieRunner for the information and sources.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by cdn1
i hope the parties can come to some sort of agreement and get back to business as usual and fly people to their destinations
Its hard when strikes have become part of the culture in some of these Euro societies....When I was a kid, 30+ years ago, I remember my mother had to go on strike because of the union she belonged to, and I also remember how embarassed she and her co-workers were about it. Today it seems to be a badge of honor to say you are striking....
Old Feb 8, 2015, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by mmff
Thanks for the links.

Just so it's clear, I truly meant it when I said "not that I don't trust you".

I wanted more information and it was not easy to search for the links on the device I was using. Once again, thank you and NewbieRunner for the information and sources.
I know.. Just giving you a bit of a hard time. I saw a very brief headline early today before LH had time to update their site. Next time I'll post the link!
Old Feb 8, 2015, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Oh dear... I hope they stay calm in Munich on Thursday! I have a flight to Vienna (on OS ticket stock, but a codeshare operated by LH).
Old Feb 8, 2015, 9:49 pm

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by Concerto
Oh dear... I hope they stay calm in Munich on Thursday! I have a flight to Vienna (on OS ticket stock, but a codeshare operated by LH).
same here, will be in MUC on Thursday, too.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My flight's at 15h05 if you want to hook up in the lounge in the couple of hours preceding it. But I'm only a FTL, so I'll be in the normal lounge. With a bit of luck there'll be enough excitement this week as it is and there won't be any further strikes.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 5:35 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by Concerto
My flight's at 15h05 if you want to hook up in the lounge in the couple of hours preceding it. But I'm only a FTL, so I'll be in the normal lounge. With a bit of luck there'll be enough excitement this week as it is and there won't be any further strikes.
Ah, pity. Will miss you by a few hours.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 4:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

All looking reasonably ok for MUC this week so far. If anybody sees anything scary, please post!
Old Feb 10, 2015, 8:40 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
MUC - AFAIK - I think I read in Handelsblatt today that MUC faces no risk of strikes for security control as it's staffed differently (state employees?!).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.