Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MUC Terminal 2 Satellite

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2016, 7:14 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by pdsuk
Some summary observations
  • Lots and lots of escalators !
  • It smells very new and clean
  • It is almost a mirror image in terms of layout, fixtures and fittings of the main terminal
  • From arriving to existing customs in the main terminal was about 20 to 25 minutes (no line at passport control)
  • I get the impression that you **might be able** to visit the Satellite if you wanted to lounge hop but I have not tried this and so caution you to check carefully for yourself

My arrival
  • Docked on the L gates
  • Spotted Senator and Business lounge opposite gate L11
  • Possibility to clear passport and – strangely – customs in the Satellite which I did therefore I was effectively Schengen cleared and able to access the K and / or G gates
  • Then walked down lots of escalators to the train which provided a fast transfer to the main part of T2.
  • Disembark the train and turn left for exit or right for the G and H gates
  • Travelators take you into the main part of T2 (up yet more escalators) and you appear opposite baggage belt 16
  • You still have to clear customs in the main part of T2, therefore I don’t understand why they have customs in the satellite
Thanks! Catch a glimpse of the "Marketplace" out in satellite?
Old Apr 26, 2016, 10:33 am

Some summary observations
  • You still have to clear customs in the main part of T2, therefore I don’t understand why they have customs in the satellite
The customs clearance in the satellite is for transfer passengers. When you enter the EU at MUC with an onward flight (e.g. to BER) you clear customs for handluggage at MUC and customs for you checked luggage at the final destination (e.g. BER).

Thanks for the informative post! Out of interest, if your final destination is Munich are you directed to go through passport control in the satellite terminal, or did you just decide to do this? Did you follow the signs for exit/baggage?
Old Apr 26, 2016, 10:57 am

Programs: No more shiny cards -- former LH SEN, SPG Platinum, Flying Blue Platinum, BA Silver
There were quite a few shops open, I confess that I didn't see one called "Marketplace"

Munich was my final destination and I followed signs for "Exit" from when I entered the L concourse -- HOWEVER I did have the impression from the signage that I **could** have remained as a non Schengen passenger; taken the segregated part of the train to the H gates; cleared passport control in H as "normal" (at least "normal" from a few weeks ago).

Another two points I forgot to mention which may help:

(1) even though I cleared passport control in the satellite, I could have entered into the G gates (and then obviously go up to H and "re-enter" the non Schengen zone

(2) the train was quite fast and driverless, reminded me of the trains underneath T5 at Heathrow. Unfortunately it wasn't anything like the "moo moo" train which connects the A and E gates at Zurich ))
Old Apr 28, 2016, 6:18 am

There were quite a few shops open, I confess that I didn't see one called "Marketplace"

Munich was my final destination and I followed signs for "Exit" from when I entered the L concourse -- HOWEVER I did have the impression from the signage that I **could** have remained as a non Schengen passenger; taken the segregated part of the train to the H gates; cleared passport control in H as "normal" (at least "normal" from a few weeks ago).

Another two points I forgot to mention which may help:

(1) even though I cleared passport control in the satellite, I could have entered into the G gates (and then obviously go up to H and "re-enter" the non Schengen zone

(2) the train was quite fast and driverless, reminded me of the trains underneath T5 at Heathrow. Unfortunately it wasn't anything like the "moo moo" train which connects the A and E gates at Zurich ))
Apologies for my ignorance, as I've not yet been to MUC. I'm flying FRAMUCPEK next week with a 65 minute connection. Question is whether new facilities are worth checking out, and if that's easily accomplished? If so, I can lengthen my connection. I've been to the FCT at FRA several times, so I don't need to extend my time there if MUC is more interesting. Oh, I'm flying F.

Again, sorry for the newbie question. I hope to return the favour at a later date.

Best, Jamie
Old Apr 30, 2016, 2:04 am

Programs: No more shiny cards -- former LH SEN, SPG Platinum, Flying Blue Platinum, BA Silver
Originally Posted by jamienbaker
Apologies for my ignorance, as I've not yet been to MUC. I'm flying FRAMUCPEK next week with a 65 minute connection. Question is whether new facilities are worth checking out, and if that's easily accomplished? If so, I can lengthen my connection. I've been to the FCT at FRA several times, so I don't need to extend my time there if MUC is more interesting. Oh, I'm flying F.

Again, sorry for the newbie question. I hope to return the favour at a later date.

Best, Jamie
I didn't see any of the lounges unfortunately -- I did get an email from LH last night extolling the new satellite and saying that the PTS transfer is 1 minute (but factor in that they only go every 4 to 5 minutes).

I guess it depends on personal preference -- if it was me, I probably would not change my travel plans.

Have a good trip !!
Old Apr 30, 2016, 2:43 am

Originally Posted by jamienbaker
I've been to the FCT at FRA several times, so I don't need to extend my time there if MUC is more interesting. Oh, I'm flying F.
If you are lucky your MUC-PEK leaves from the satellite anyway..
but still its worth to go over from T2 into the new F or Senator lounge in the satellite. F is on the top floor with a sky terrrace and views towards the airfield and the Alps..
Old Apr 30, 2016, 3:18 am

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
Is it possible to visit the F/SEN lounges in the satellite departing on in intra-EU flight?
Old Apr 30, 2016, 3:32 am

Originally Posted by cbourl
Is it possible to visit the F/SEN lounges in the satellite departing on in intra-EU flight?
if your status/ticket permits the entry..of course..
you can get into any lounge from each level of the satellite or going over from T2 (physically )
Old Apr 30, 2016, 4:03 am

Originally Posted by cbourl
Should not be a problem.
AND:
The SAT is not only for longhaul flights, some intra-EU flights do also depart from the SAT.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 4:13 am

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
Originally Posted by PetzLUX
Should not be a problem.
AND:
The SAT is not only for longhaul flights, some intra-EU flights do also depart from the SAT.
Nice hope t ocheck the new Satellite out then Is it like ZRH where it is easy to move from A to E and vv? Have some LX and LH intra Europe flights booked psecifically to try the new lounges
Old Apr 30, 2016, 4:57 am

The PTS takes just less than a minute from T2 to T2-SAT and back.
The PTS has different compartments for Schengen/Non-Schengen and you can enter the SAT F lounge in Schengen and leave to Non-Schengen and vv. like the FCL G.

I.e today two flights to Paris are scheduled at gates K.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 5:33 am

Link to VFT with many pics:

Das neue Satellitenterminal am Flughafen München: Allgemeines, Lounges und FAQs
http://www.vielfliegertreff.de/showthread.php?t=95198
Old Apr 30, 2016, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by PetzLUX
Link to VFT with many pics:

Das neue Satellitenterminal am Flughafen München: Allgemeines, Lounges und FAQs
http://www.vielfliegertreff.de/showthread.php?t=95198
Unfortunately I decided to change FRAMUCPEK to the FRAPEK nonstop. I hope I made the right decision. The MUCPEK is only booked to 1 in First so far now that I moved off. But I wanted to experience the A388 to see how it compares to the 748i.

I hope I haven't made a mistake. Photos look great, thanks for posting.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 7:51 am

Is the rule no car from FCL if departing from gate position still valid?
If arriving in F to I gate in satellite terminal I can access new FCL in satellite.
Does the new FCL in satellite also offer immigration clearance?
Will I have to take the train to G gate myself? Any security check point after FCL before reaching G gates?
Old May 1, 2016, 1:45 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by A380*G
Is the rule no car from FCL if departing from gate position still valid?
If arriving in F to I gate in satellite terminal I can access new FCL in satellite.
Does the new FCL in satellite also offer immigration clearance?
Will I have to take the train to G gate myself? Any security check point after FCL before reaching G gates?
Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
No.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.