Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Miles&More Selection/ extra Benefits

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2014, 6:37 am

My interpretation too !
You get rewarded according to the number of select miles and not according to the number of flights.

LH interpretation (I guess):
The more someone is flying (= number of flights), the more select miles he receives.

So, you would have to make around 400 segments offering 125 select miles a year:
30 segments give you FTL
and >300 more segments give you a reward…

Old Apr 12, 2014, 5:40 am

Programs: LH SEN
Miles & More Selections

So there seems to be some new tings coming after the drastic cuts in earned miles

Anybody have more deatils about this Miles & More Selections?? M&M page is quite generic stating

- Discount vouchers in different amounts
- Vouchers for LH and airline partner lounges
- eVouchers for booking upgrades
- FT and SEN partner cars

All seem cheap stuff if compare to the earned miles cut
Old Apr 12, 2014, 6:00 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
A little bit more information in this thread.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...selection.html

I wouldn't mind FT and SEN partner cars.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 12:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I wouldn't mind FT and SEN partner cars.
Excellent idea.
Old May 29, 2014, 10:21 am

Any more news on this new feature?
Old May 30, 2014, 7:02 am

Programs: QF LTG, LH LT-FTL (HON till 02/25), AB-G†
New: Miles&More Selection

Would be interested. Just booked and ticketed over 100k miles. But my guess is that it is not worthwile chasing those benefits.

If LH is lurking: Partner and Lifetime Status would trigger more flights from me.

Put silly status stars and mini benefits where the sun does never shine.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 6:18 am

Programs: LX/LH HON, BA Gold, AF Platinum
It is now summer, at least here in the northern hemisphere. Has anyone seen anything?
Old Jul 29, 2014, 6:23 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Just the occasional invite to sports events that are only available to :-::-: people but against payment of miles so far.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Just the occasional invite to sports events that are only available to :-::-: people but against payment of miles so far.
What sports have been contemplated so far?
Old Jul 29, 2014, 12:59 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by mmff
What sports have been contemplated so far?
Not sure if there are different offers for :-: and :-::-: holders (I only have one ) but they are not all for sports events.

• A private viewing for 50 guests of the World Cup final.
  • VIP packages at the tennis Mercedes Cup in Stuttgart for 50,000 award miles.
  • The premiere of Mozart's 'Don Giovanni' at the the Salzburg Festival for 190,000 award miles, including an introductory lecture while enjoying gourmet snacks and champagne on the terrace of the Schloss Fuschl Hotel.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 1:06 am

Programs: LH HON
Not sure if there are different offers for :-: and :-::-: holders (I only have one ) but they are not all for sports events.

• A private viewing for 50 guests of the World Cup final.
  • VIP packages at the tennis Mercedes Cup in Stuttgart for 50,000 award miles.
  • The premiere of Mozart's 'Don Giovanni' at the the Salzburg Festival for 190,000 award miles, including an introductory lecture while enjoying gourmet snacks and champagne on the terrace of the Schloss Fuschl Hotel.
then again, 190.000 miles have a value of ~ 8000 Euros +/- (RT F flight to the US) and I'm not sure, I want to spend 8k at the opera
Old Jul 30, 2014, 1:52 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Well, people spend 190k on a handbag for the Mrs at the Worldshop because:

- they have two kids and can't fly to aspirational destinations in F
- the catalogue comes home 2-3 times a year and the Mrs saw that handbag and liked it and they have no clue what else to by for the upcoming birthday

So if a 190k offer for exclusive access to a tennis/golf/opera event comes along you grab it.

Looking at the offers they are pretty nice, and something you normally don't have access to for love or reasonable amounts of money. I have seen targetted offers for access to the Allianz arena for a FC Bayern game with star handshakes and after parties too.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 2:01 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Well, people spend 190k on a handbag for the Mrs at the Worldshop because:
- they always fly in paid F anyway and don't know what else to do with the miles.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by daumueller
then again, 190.000 miles have a value of ~ 8000 Euros +/- (RT F flight to the US) and I'm not sure, I want to spend 8k at the opera
- or these people have 7 digit mileage balances with more and more miles piling up automatically each month.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 2:18 am

- they always fly in paid F anyway and don't know what else to do with the miles.
Or don't want to see the inside of a plane for vacation

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.