Wiki Posts
Search

Miles&More Selection/ extra Benefits

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2014, 8:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Miles&More Selection/ extra Benefits

Miles&More Selection will offer additional rewards for status customers that fly regularly with Lufthansa Group. In order to track loyalty, Lufthansa will introduce a new mileage category: Select Miles.

Bonus Miles: LH Group and all partners airlines in all service classes. Bonus miles can be spend on fligths and upgrades.

Status Miles: LH Group and all partner airlines in all service classes. Status miles determine the status level. Reset at the end of the year.

New: Select Miles: LH Group only. All service classes. Reset at the end of the year. Whenever you hit a threshold you can 'select' a gift.

HON Circle Miles: LH Group only. Business and First Class only. HON Circle miles are counted over two rolling calendar years.

FTL and SEN collect Select Miles. HON Circle selection benefits will be based on HON Circle miles.

First gift for FTL with 50.000 select miles and SEN with 125.000 select miles.

HON Circle will receive their first gift when hitting 650.000 HON miles in two rolling years.

The value of a gift will be reflecting the status: HON get more generous benefits than SEN and SEN get more than FTL.

What benefits are on offer?

World Shop Vouchers, Lounge Access Voucher for Business, Senator and First Class Lounges, additonal eVoucher for SEN and HON, SEN will be able to make someone FTL and HON can make others FTL or SEN. Details to be communicated this summer.

Where do I see my Select Miles?

Online in your account from this summer.

When can I pick my first gift?

From summer this year.

Do Status Star have any meaning for Miles&More Select?

No. They enhance the look of your luggage tags and service card only.

Besides Miles&More Select, LH will continue their eVoucher promo based on HON miles:

- SEN get 2 additonal e-vouchers if they cross 300K HON miles in 2013 and 2014.
- HON get 2 additonal e-vouchers if they cross 750K HON miles in 2013 and 2014 and 2 for every addional 150K.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 9:54 pm

Programs: BAEC, M&L, Bonvoy
Well, now we know. Stars are useless, but please do continue flying with us and we will give you vouchers, very generous 1 leg upgrade, if you fly total of 300k HON miles in two years.

All other gifts are useless for me, and additional vouchers are not big of enough incentive.

Something is telling me that LH is trying to lure back their elites.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 11:25 pm

Glad I didn't really stick around for those.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 12:28 am

Programs: QF LTG, LH (SEN*** till 02/26), AF, AA, AB-G†
New: Miles&More Selection

What a joke!

Reducing the earning levels with the promise to improve something for Status customers and then a pile of useless stuff. Do they think customers are that stupid?

So the business case was: Give them Benefits, but reduce costs at the same time.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 12:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by Tyrolean
What a joke!

Reducing the earning levels with the promise to improve something for Status customers and then a pile of useless stuff. Do they think customers are that stupid?

So the business case was: Give them Benefits, but reduce costs at the same time.
Of course they think we are stupid!
Old Feb 10, 2014, 3:20 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
What a joke!

Not stupid - but captive. @:-)
Old Feb 10, 2014, 3:23 am

Programs: BD the last decent FFP
I'm at the point where I'm just feeling embarrassed and in discomfort when watching someone make a fool of themselves.

A bunch of vagueries as to benefits of this initiative, again just kicking the can down the road.
They really have no clue how to get out of this hole.

Originally Posted by SMK77

Where do I see my Select Miles?

Online in your account from this summer.

When can I pick my first gift?

From summer this year.
Summer? Learning from BBI airport are we M&M?
From the original press release in SEP (which quoted Jan for news):
From spring 2014 Frequent Travellers, Senators and HON Circle Members will be rewarded for more than achieving and retaining their status

What benefits are on offer?

World Shop Vouchers, Lounge Access Voucher for Business, Senator and First Class Lounges, additonal eVoucher for SEN and HON, SEN will be able to make someone FTL and HON can make others FTL or SEN. Details to be communicated this summer.
The benefits are amounting to the same value as my snarky guess in another thread, apparently.

Originally Posted by GBM.flights
I have my money on 30% executive bonus on 125 mile-segments.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 3:27 am

Programs: QF LTG, LH (SEN*** till 02/26), AF, AA, AB-G†
The nice thing is:

"Detailed will communicated next summer"

IRRC:
LH wanted to publish extra perks for Status Stars Customers "in January"
What do we have now? February!

What are the benefits for the Status Stars?
None! Nil! Nada! Zilch!

So LH is constantly cutting benefits, promising to install new benefits in about six months. But nothing is installed!

My guess: SEN get a 5000 Mile Voucher for the World Shop.
FTL get one SEN-Lounge invite (similar to the thing QF gives every Silver member, sells on Ebay for 20-40 Dollars).

SEN will get one F-Lounge invite! Nice!

Yes! It will make me collecting more miles on LH!

How long will it take until the last customer realises the scam?
The last one has to switch off the light!
Old Feb 10, 2014, 3:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Miles&More Selection and HON can make others FTL or SEN. Details to be communicated this summer.
This does sound like it may be at risk of being a devaluation target or enhancement- as HON used to be able to nominate their partner/spouse for SEN anyway- perhaps I am just suspicious however.....
Old Feb 10, 2014, 3:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well if you only have one flight next year it will be a nice benefit
Old Feb 10, 2014, 3:39 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
How long will it take until the last customer realises the scam?
The last one has to switch off the light!
You mean customer 103.000.001 has to switch off the light.

AFAIR, you are an econ prof.

Do you expect a company that sees all its key parameters going up, a company that sees the economic environment lighting up to give out more benefitsper se to entice customers...

As pointed out before, expect more individual/targeted offers becoming the norm at M&M. It remains a discussion point on FT whether this is done to entice customers or to make their journeys more rewarding.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 3:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
This does sound like it may be at risk of being a devaluation target or enhancement- as HON used to be able to nominate their partner/spouse for SEN anyway- perhaps I am just suspicious however.....
The partner SEN for HON stays: this is for your significant other, your lover or whoever you are frequently spending time with.

The additional FTL/SEN cards you can give to anyone you know: let's see how much those invitations will fetch on eBay :-)
Old Feb 10, 2014, 3:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The partner SEN for HON stays: this is for your significant other, your lover or whoever you are frequently spending time with.
Ah, in this case then it may be an "enhancement" in the true sense and not marketing sense of the word. Better than nothing.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 4:28 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
My guess: SEN get a 5000 Mile Voucher for the World Shop.
FTL get one SEN-Lounge invite (similar to the thing QF gives every Silver member, sells on Ebay for 20-40 Dollars).

Yes! It will make me collecting more miles on LH!
And FTL already *G?
Agree all seems still to vague. Only real benefit would be a wand to make anyone FTL/SEN at FF choice, but somehow I doubt it will ever happen.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Nice catch!
Curious to see how this plays out in the end.
(I wonder how many more miles above 35k I would need to fly to nominate someone to FTL ... )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.