Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa FCT/FCL Duck [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2012, 8:49 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Tips on how to embed pictures in your FT posts are available here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...phy-forum.html
Old Aug 3, 2012, 10:04 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
Old Aug 3, 2012, 11:01 am
Community Director Emerita

Seriously jealous.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 11:45 am

...and a serious hassle to get there!
After years of reading about it on FT and Boarding Area Blogs, I finally had my chance with a 3.5 hour layover in Frankfurt. Unfortunately 30 minutes of residency was used up trying to get directions from Lufthansa employees! It took 5 attempts (2 employees directed us to their usual lounges, one had no idea the FC Terminal existed, one told us it was for travelers with FC travel originating in Frankfurt and not making connections and one told us it was too far to walk). Seriously LH! That's entirely unacceptable! My husband was ready to give up and go to the regular lounge, but I would have none of it. I finally found a major service center and refused to leave without appropriate guidance. We finally did make it, after going through passport control and leaving the terminal, and am I glad I did! It lived up to all I had read.
The lounge was huge, with a full service restaurant, bar, cigar lounge, showers, spa, leather sofas, large screen TV's, and personalized service. We had the chef make his 'specialty of the day', a spicy asian beef dish, and finished the meal with this trio of sorbets. We were finally delivered to our flight via a Mercedes Limo. My husband admitted he was glad I 'forced' him to go. Good thing we ate in the lounge because our FRA-ORD flight had the most discordant menu I'd ever experienced! Reindeer meat, seaweed salad, and olive ice cream? Seriously?!

Last edited by Jetpuffed; Aug 4, 2012 at 1:37 pm
Old Aug 3, 2012, 11:55 am

Jetpuffed, good on you! There's a great story of perseverance with a worthy payoff at the end. Olive ice cream is actually much better than it sounds, but I, too, would pass on reindeer and seaweed. Blech.

(There is a wonderful set of instructions in this forum, complete with pictures, on how to walk to the terminal - but you have to know that in advance, print it out, and bring it with you. I am very indebted to newbierunner who documented it. I was finally brave enough to walk there myself and found it very simple.

I wasn't patient enough to find the thread, but here is the set of Flickr pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/2628497...7628710700727/)
Old Aug 3, 2012, 2:50 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
(There is a wonderful set of instructions in this forum, complete with pictures, on how to walk to the terminal - but you have to know that in advance, print it out, and bring it with you. I am very indebted to newbierunner who documented it. I was finally brave enough to walk there myself and found it very simple.

I wasn't patient enough to find the thread, but here is the set of Flickr pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/2628497...7628710700727/)
Thanks for the kind words. I've planned a loooong layover in FRA next week so I can update my pictorial guide. I hope to post an updated guide on how to walk to the FCT in the FCT FAQ thread.

Sorry to hear about all the hassle, Jetpuffed. What you were told about the FCT being only for FC passengers originating in FRA is actually LH's 'official' policy and what you expect to hear if you ask most LH employees (if they know about the existence of the FCT at all!)

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Aug 3, 2012 at 2:59 pm
Old Aug 4, 2012, 12:49 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
It's amazing that something so small can have such a great effect for Lufthansa's buzz marketing.

Great work LH.
Old Aug 4, 2012, 1:41 pm

I also must share how BIG the NUTS were!

Old Aug 4, 2012, 1:53 pm

Programs: SPG GOLD / BA GOLD/Club Carlson Gold/AMEX Plat.
I got my Olympic Duck!

I've been trying to find LH ducks on EBay but with no luck.. Besides actually flying 1st any suggestions on how to located these little treasures ?
Old Aug 4, 2012, 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by Jetpuffed
... Good thing we ate in the lounge because our FRA-ORD flight had the most discordant menu I'd ever experienced! Reindeer meat, seaweed salad, and olive ice cream? Seriously?!
Very jealous as we only got the regular ducks yesterday:-)
Also must agree with you on the menu - pretty awful selection all around. LH is trying too hard with these esoteric choices and it seems that the westbound menu has the perfect storm of odd items. The olive ice cream was ok, but I went with the "koingsberger Klopse" to be safe (meatballs). Moreover, whoever came up with the idea of catering a morning west coast arrival (ie: 11a.m at Seattle) with a lunch menu featuring octopus and anchovies? Um, breakfast would have been nice after the forced "westbound lights out " one has to endure now. LH is doing some weird things...
Old Aug 5, 2012, 1:28 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by sp4294
Very jealous as we only got the regular ducks yesterday:-)
Was it the FCT that didn't have Olympic ducks, or were you in one of the FCL's?
Old Aug 6, 2012, 9:49 am

FCL had the Olympic ducks as I was able to secure on last Wednesday in FRA B24. Attendant said it is a limited edition of about 1,000
Old Aug 6, 2012, 10:45 am

There were no Olympic ducks for someone in the FCL yesterday.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 12:59 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
There were no Olympic ducks for someone in the FCL yesterday.
FCT had them today, but you have to specifically ask for them otherwise they go for the regular ducks. Regular ducks are in the cabinet on the left. Olympic ducks are under the shower check-in counter.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by jasonvr
FCT had them today, but you have to specifically ask for them otherwise they go for the regular ducks. Regular ducks are in the cabinet on the left. Olympic ducks are under the shower check-in counter.
Oops, I misposted. He was in the FCT. If only I had known!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.