Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2015, 11:40 pm

LH Club access

Hello,

I am a UA Club member. I will be flying UA from IAD-FRA and then connecting on a standby (staff travel) ticket from FRA-BIO. I have been researching and been told that I should be able to use my UA Club Card to get into a LH lounge, is that true? I have been trying to research it can find info. Most likely I will travel business from IAD-FRA.

Thanks!!
Old Jul 3, 2015, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by travelguy70
Hello,

I am a UA Club member. I will be flying UA from IAD-FRA and then connecting on a standby (staff travel) ticket from FRA-BIO. I have been researching and been told that I should be able to use my UA Club Card to get into a LH lounge, is that true? I have been trying to research it can find info. Most likely I will travel business from IAD-FRA.

Thanks!!
Your Club card wont get into a LH lounge, however, if you are traveling in J that will get you into the Business Lounge's in FRA.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 12:07 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Hi guys, I'm more familiar with OneWorld benefits and status...
I am LH FTL and flying on a C-class ticket TXL-MUC-ATH-JMK (dreadful routing, I know).
I know I'll obviously have Business Class lounge access, but I'll be traveling with a friend in Economy. If I'm understanding correctly, I can not guest him into the Business lounge in TXL, MUC or ATH. Is that right?
Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 2:42 am

Correct. As FTL, you can BUY your friend lounge access of you wish though (not very recommended, unless you'll spend several hours in the lounge, want to take shower, etc.)
Old Jul 4, 2015, 3:32 am

I am flying Y (FTL) ORD-ZRH on a UA ticket on LX metal. May I use LX Lounge at ORD?

*A lounge finder tool shows I am not eligible to use it and on LX website says FTL status holders may access it.

Old Jul 4, 2015, 5:46 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Correct. As FTL, you can BUY your friend lounge access of you wish though (not very recommended, unless you'll spend several hours in the lounge, want to take shower, etc.)
Thanks YuropFlyer. Any idea how much it'd cost? ATH probably most important as the layover is longest.

Flying with the same friend SIN-FRA-TXL, but I'm in paid F on those segments. I'm pretty sure I can guest him into the lounge on those flights right?
Old Jul 4, 2015, 7:16 am

Yes, F can invite one guest, so you'll be fine there.

About your other flight, it's 25€ to buy him in, but you can only to that in Germany, CDG and the US.

In ATH, no such luck, and you'll be in the domestic terminal anyway which haves only a A3 lounge.

As you're holding a C ticket on a A3 flight, you should have access there (FTL of no use) and your friend might just ask a fellow *G passenger to "guest" him into the lounge.

http://www.lufthansa.com/us/en/Lounge-News_en#ancAbT7
Old Jul 4, 2015, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Yes, F can invite one guest, so you'll be fine there.

About your other flight, it's 25€ to buy him in, but you can only to that in Germany, CDG and the US.

In ATH, no such luck, and you'll be in the domestic terminal anyway which haves only a A3 lounge.

As you're holding a C ticket on a A3 flight, you should have access there (FTL of no use) and your friend might just ask a fellow *G passenger to "guest" him into the lounge.

http://www.lufthansa.com/us/en/Lounge-News_en#ancAbT7
Very helpful. Thanks again YuropFlyer :-)
Old Jul 5, 2015, 4:00 am

Programs: FB Silver, EK Gold, *A Gold, BAEC,KM
I had posted this into my earlier post but it got no hits so thought I would try here in the newbie section, sorry for hassle but I bow to the Yoda's on this forum

I paid an additional 100 bucks each way for an economy extra legroom seat on:

1. MUC-ORD A340-600 seat 28A
2. DEN-FRA B747-400 seat 29H

Are the seats any good? PS, that's all that was available on the website.....

I know the AF/KLM and EK seats off by heart but as stated earlier, first time on LH for a long time!

Strange that seat guru site shows either neither of these seats existing in various configurations of aircraft or when they do show up that they are bog standard seats?? I called LH customer service and they confirmed they are EL seats and then he said all the other seat sites must be wrong....However I have had my fingers burnt before relying on airline travel reps LoL

Last edited by RigpigMalta; Jul 5, 2015 at 4:03 am Reason: added economy
Old Jul 6, 2015, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
This is going to be a real noob question at a late stage, but here we go: is it possible to transfer some of my Payback points into another person's M&M account, or do names have to match all the way? The other person is based in England (which means that buying miles using COOP Trophy stamps from Switzerland is not possible).
Old Jul 7, 2015, 5:48 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
You can open a new Payback account for him/her, merge the two accounts and then xfer points from the joint account to his/her M&M account.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 10:50 am

I booked several flights in BC with LH and have 2 questions:

1. First flight is MUC-SFO with a A340-600 (hopefully new BC). I booked the seats 5D+5G some time ago, but I'm currently not sure if this was a good decision. It's a day flight and I would prefer a window seat now. The only available are in row 7 and row 12. Row 7 is directly before the toilets and row 12 is the last one is business directly after premium economy. Would you switch to one of these rows (I think row 12 is the better one) or just stay at row 5 in the middle?

2. JFK-FRA with a 747-8I (again hopefully new BC). I just switched to the upper deck and got 87A + 87C. They are near the toilets and the stairs, but is it acceptable? Alternatives are some window seats in the middle of the main deck. Would you stay in the upper deck (and trying to sleep a bit) or switch?

Thank you very much!

Edit: Or are most of the seats actually blocked through LH and I just have to wait to get better ones?

Last edited by n00b; Jul 7, 2015 at 11:44 am
Old Jul 7, 2015, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Hey guys, I have 20k unused M&M that I realized are expiring soon... I've switched my mileage program for *A to AC (because I moved from Europe to Canada) so accumulating any more points isn't really my goal... What's the best use I can make of those 20k miles? Or if I need to just accumulate a few more for a better redemption then I'll do that. All I can think of is *A upgrades.... Or within-Canada redemption like YVR-YUL/YYZ for 25k.

EDIT: Of note, they're expiring by the end of the year... so anything I can redeem it for before then would be great. I'm based in YVR if that helps.

Last edited by Smiley90; Jul 7, 2015 at 10:15 pm
Old Jul 8, 2015, 1:09 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by n00b
I booked several flights in BC with LH and have 2 questions:

1. First flight is MUC-SFO with a A340-600 (hopefully new BC). I booked the seats 5D+5G some time ago, but I'm currently not sure if this was a good decision. It's a day flight and I would prefer a window seat now. The only available are in row 7 and row 12. Row 7 is directly before the toilets and row 12 is the last one is business directly after premium economy. Would you switch to one of these rows (I think row 12 is the better one) or just stay at row 5 in the middle?

2. JFK-FRA with a 747-8I (again hopefully new BC). I just switched to the upper deck and got 87A + 87C. They are near the toilets and the stairs, but is it acceptable? Alternatives are some window seats in the middle of the main deck. Would you stay in the upper deck (and trying to sleep a bit) or switch?
All 346 based in MUC and all 748 in general have the new business class seat. I prefer row 7, the front part of the 346 is quieter. 12 is OK too, you don't notice the economy at all.
Row 87 is perfectly OK, you don't notice any toilet traffic or galley noise.

Originally Posted by Smiley90
What's the best use I can make of those 20k miles?
N. America - Hawaii oneway is 20k...@:-)
Old Jul 8, 2015, 2:29 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
All 346 based in MUC and all 748 in general have the new business class seat. I prefer row 7, the front part of the 346 is quieter. 12 is OK too, you don't notice the economy at all.
Row 87 is perfectly OK, you don't notice any toilet traffic or galley noise.
Thanks for the hints!

Seatguru marks row 7 as yellow because of the proximity to the galleys and lavatories. Row 12 is marked as a standard business seat. I'm flying with 'version 5', does this change your mind or are the recommendations the same? Aren't there infant seats in the first row of the Premium Economy? I'm worried about this because the seats are well occupied and row 12 is completely empty. 7HK isn't available any more and I would like a seat on the right of the plane..

Ok, I think I will stay with row 87 if there is no possibility to switch in the front of the upper deck (the first 2 rows are actually blocked through LH, but my open some days before departure).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.