Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2015, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by LewDog
Greetings,
I am completely naive to LH/LX but decades of reading trip reports have finally gotten the best of me, and I am looking at planning a family trip for later this year.
Our routing will likely be JFK-XXX-LON where XXX=Frankfurt, Munich, Geneva or Zurich. A deciding factor in how to book this will be lounge access whilst in transit.
The JFK-XXX segment will be in F and the XXX-LON segment will be in Business.
My read of the available data indicates that if we were to fly LH, we technically wouldn't have access to the FCT but that we likely would, as an exception. It seems that we should, however, have access to the FC Lounge, with no exception being needed. Is this accurate?
If we were to fly LX, would we similarly have access to their FC Lounge upon arrival to the intermediate airport?
As I will be traveling with my wife and young children, minimizing the number of moving parts will be critical (i.e., no getting rejected at the desk and having to plead our case, etc.)
I hope this makes sense but please let me know if otherwise. Very many thanks in advance for your assistance.
Kind regards,
Lewis
If you arrive in LH First, you will have access to the FCT (or FCLs) on arrival in FRA as long as your ex-FRA same day connecting flight is on LH/LX or any LH group flight. Same deal with LX First arriving in ZRH.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:00 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by LewDog
Greetings,

I am completely naive to LH/LX but decades of reading trip reports have finally gotten the best of me, and I am looking at planning a family trip for later this year.

Our routing will likely be JFK-XXX-LON where XXX=Frankfurt, Munich, Geneva or Zurich. A deciding factor in how to book this will be lounge access whilst in transit.

The JFK-XXX segment will be in F and the XXX-LON segment will be in Business.

My read of the available data indicates that if we were to fly LH, we technically wouldn't have access to the FCT but that we likely would, as an exception. It seems that we should, however, have access to the FC Lounge, with no exception being needed. Is this accurate?

If we were to fly LX, would we similarly have access to their FC Lounge upon arrival to the intermediate airport?

As I will be traveling with my wife and young children, minimizing the number of moving parts will be critical (i.e., no getting rejected at the desk and having to plead our case, etc.)

I hope this makes sense but please let me know if otherwise. Very many thanks in advance for your assistance.

Kind regards,
Lewis
If you fly JFK-XXX in F on LH/LX you will have access to the First Class Lounge/Terminal at XXX.

FRA - you will have access to the FCT (through passport control to go landside, leave the main terminal and walk ~5 minutes - guaranteed limo transfer to the plane)
or
FCL B (take the Skyline shuttle to B, go through transfer security, walk to the departure gate after leaving the lounge)

MUC (FCL - enter and leave on level H, no need for security or passport control, walk to the departure gate on level H after leaving the lounge)

ZRH (FCL - take the Skymetro to the main terminal, go through passport control into Schengen where the FCL is located, walk to D and go through passport control again after leaving the lounge - the situation may change after the new FCL opens in E)

GVA (FCL - sorry no experience)

In terms of convenience, it's hard to beat the MUC FCL.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Nov 15, 2015 at 6:49 am Reason: clarification
Old Nov 14, 2015, 1:31 pm

Programs: AA 1mm; SPG Gold
Incredibly helpful. Thank you both so much.

I will let you know how it goes... and may even work up the courage to post a TR. ;-)

Best,
Lewis
Old Nov 16, 2015, 11:30 am
Formerly known as Stephenk19

Programs: Free Agent
Hi All,

Question on LH lounge access (in MUC for what it's worth).

I am Star Gold with TK. If I book a reservation for myself, wife, and a friend - what are my odds of getting all three of us into the lounge? I think the normal policy is the *G member and one guest, but I have never tried with two in tow so not sure how strongly this is enforced...

Thanks
Old Nov 16, 2015, 11:37 am

3 adults you can forget about. Two adults and a child, you might get away with it.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 10:32 am

Hi,

I did a quick search but couldn't find anything relating to a question I had so hopefully someone can help me out or direct me to a post.

Is anyone seeing any business class awards from JFK to BRU on Brussels airlines for the next 12months?

I searched on United and ANA picking a bunch of dates but I didn't see any. Nothing at all.
I thought I used to see a whole lot a few months ago but did they start blocking them?
Old Nov 17, 2015, 10:34 am

Hello,

Does anyone have experience asking Lufthansa to change a booking for a different, more expensive booking code? To be able to collect much needed points? I have a booking on code T, and the current booking proposed on the same flight now is Q, which would be exactly what I need... technically, it is not a rebooking, since the flight is the same and it is still an eco ticket...

Thanks for your feedback!
Old Nov 17, 2015, 6:31 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Upfaring from T to Q is usually possible against a change fee. It really depends on the original fare conditions. LH can do that, but you would be better advised to do it with the agency to originally bought your ticket from.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 12:28 pm

Programs: United 1K, Lufthansa Senator *,Marriott platinum
I flew on a lufthansa issued ticket sector ORD-ZRH on Swiss flight LX007 and had upgraded using points from our PPB account from economy class Q to business class I.

The miles were requested on my United mileage plus account but did not post automatically or when I subsequently submitted the online request.

I have now sent the necessary documents to United and they have emailed me that they have "submitted the star alliance flight information to the partner for verification."

Would the partner for verification be Swiss which operated the flight or Miles and More which manages the frequent flier program for Swiss.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 1:17 am

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Your upgrade using miles has nothing to do with miles for the trip being credited to your account. You will get mileage according to your original (and paid for) booking class. Miles & More has nothing to do with that, it's Swiss that will verify that you indeed traveled on that flight and your booking class was Q. Booking class I earns zero miles, btw - it's an award BC
Old Nov 23, 2015, 1:40 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Advance seat selection

Hello all.

I am trying to reserve seats in advance for a domestic Round-trip flight with LOT, but it is giving me a charge of 5.78 USD per seat - I am Star Alliance gold (A3 and TK) and have entered my number into the reservation, so do I do not get this free? Is a call necessary to the call centre? Or only M&M elite status members get free?

Thanks.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 2:37 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by benberg2013
Hello all.

I am trying to reserve seats in advance for a domestic Round-trip flight with LOT, but it is giving me a charge of 5.78 USD per seat - I am Star Alliance gold (A3 and TK) and have entered my number into the reservation, so do I do not get this free? Is a call necessary to the call centre? Or only M&M elite status members get free?

Thanks.
Only M&M Gold members (HON and SEN).

http://www.lot.com/gb/en/my-favourite-seat
Old Nov 27, 2015, 4:35 am

I'm a few flight segments short of renewing my FTL status, and have one trip coming up that's got various connection options. Just want to know if you get the M&M segments for flying on Turkish?
Old Nov 27, 2015, 4:43 am

No.

The rules for the "Silver Promotions" are here: https://www.miles-and-more.com/onlin...d=3560635&l=en
Old Nov 27, 2015, 5:57 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Request help with choosing seat

Hello. I'm going to be traveling on LH 759 from MAA-FRA on an A340-300.

I prefer aisle and assume that the center section aisle seat would give me a better chance of an open seat next to me. I have a choice of 18 D/G or 16 D/G. Which seat has more leg room? I don't mind if there's no under-seat storage in front of me. Also, are those extra-charge (US$100) seats worth the extra money?

[IMG][/IMG]

I'd appreciate any advice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.