Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2014, 5:17 am

Programs: AA Gld 1MM; Marriott Silver; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Glad to hear you have an hour and a half for the connection rather than just an hour. Do you think you may have seen the FRA connection thread? If not you may like to read at least the first post.
I've read some of the FRA Connection thread - an amazing amount of information, and it makes the diagrams of FRA mostly understandable. I think I'll follow the signs - thanks!

The next time I get tickets that involve a connection at FRA, I'll definitely attempt to get a longer connection time between flights.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 5:33 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by GreatPeer
I've read some of the FRA Connection thread - an amazing amount of information, and it makes the diagrams of FRA mostly understandable. I think I'll follow the signs - thanks!

The next time I get tickets that involve a connection at FRA, I'll definitely attempt to get a longer connection time between flights.
or make sure you transit in MUC instead @:-)
Old Jul 30, 2014, 3:29 am

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador
Total newbie question. I'm flying LH then TG then JQ but JQ is on a separate ticket. Will LH check my bag all the way through? They're a interline partner of JQ but TG isn't so I'm not entirely sure here. Frankly, all I really care about is tagging all the way through, since JQ will charge mucho $$$ for bags in SYD.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 3:51 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Highly unlikely, and even if LH manages to issue a tag, you still need to collect the luggage for customs in SYD and redeposit it with JQ who will then insist on the $$$ for the luggage
Old Jul 30, 2014, 3:57 am

Can you advise me please which business lounge is the best in FRA to have some rest and even sleep?

My flight arrives from GOJ at about 6am and my flight to SFO departs at 10.20 if i remember it correctly.

I really enjoy lounge at Z50, in the evening (20.00) it is really empty and quiet but how about morning?
Old Jul 30, 2014, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OlegZ
Can you advise me please which business lounge is the best in FRA to have some rest and even sleep?

My flight arrives from GOJ at about 6am and my flight to SFO departs at 10.20 if i remember it correctly.

I really enjoy lounge at Z50, in the evening (20.00) it is really empty and quiet but how about morning?
It is quite busy (the Z50 lounge) in the morning however if you go back to the quiet area it is OK from what I have noticed (admittedly not a huge sample rate). I would use the Z50 lounge.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 9:25 am

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Highly unlikely, and even if LH manages to issue a tag, you still need to collect the luggage for customs in SYD and redeposit it with JQ who will then insist on the $$$ for the luggage
Intl to intl (jq to nz) so I would think no customs.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dparkinson
Intl to intl (jq to nz) so I would think no customs.
Can you transit in Australia without clearing customs? I did not think so?
Old Jul 30, 2014, 5:27 pm

Programs: AA LT GLD 1MM
Is swiss as strict with hand baggage weight limits as lufthansa? We have 2 long haul and 2 short haul siwss flights in business coming up, and I noticed their limit is also 8kg.

Is it likely to be an issue or not if we are a few KG over?
Old Jul 30, 2014, 11:29 pm

Well I guess it depends what "a few kg" means. Consider that you are allowed 2 pieces of hand luggage of 8kg each, plus a smaller bag for a laptop. If you can split your hand luggage over two smaller bags it will be easier to "justify" instead of a 15kg behemot.

Also consider that the short-haul flights might be on aircrafts with storage bins limitations, thus your larger carry-on might not be allowed on board regardless, while two smaller bags will fit no problem.

All that said, in my experience in C there doesn't seem to be a lot of checking going on, but I'm sure others FTers can chime in with some horror stories
Old Jul 31, 2014, 9:30 am

Programs: AA LT GLD 1MM
Originally Posted by malmostoso
Well I guess it depends what "a few kg" means. Consider that you are allowed 2 pieces of hand luggage of 8kg each, plus a smaller bag for a laptop. If you can split your hand luggage over two smaller bags it will be easier to "justify" instead of a 15kg behemot.

Also consider that the short-haul flights might be on aircrafts with storage bins limitations, thus your larger carry-on might not be allowed on board regardless, while two smaller bags will fit no problem.

All that said, in my experience in C there doesn't seem to be a lot of checking going on, but I'm sure others FTers can chime in with some horror stories

The problem is we also have flights on US airlines on the same trip. So we can't split it over 2 bags as easily - plus I'd much rather carry one bag than 2. The regional flights are on a32x
Old Aug 1, 2014, 8:17 am

Hi all - somewhere recently I read that LH offers an arrival lounge at JFK (cannot find said thread any longer). Is that still the case, or is that just old info pertaining to when the JFK lounges were before security? If indeed there is an arrival lounge, any ideas on where/what/etc.?

Searched, but came up empty-handed. Thanks for any info.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 1:23 pm

Airrail TO Frankfurt - earlier train

Dear all,

a quick question regarding the Airrail Service to Frankfurt:

Is it possible to take an earlier train (of course without seat reservation, but also without paying the change fee associated with a cheap economy class ticket)?

In addition: Frankfurt`s website states that the Lufthansa checkin at the Airrail terminal closes at 8 p.m., so when arriving later, you need to move with your luggage to terminals A/B? Is that true?
Old Aug 1, 2014, 2:48 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by flugvergnugen
Hi all - somewhere recently I read that LH offers an arrival lounge at JFK (cannot find said thread any longer). Is that still the case, or is that just old info pertaining to when the JFK lounges were before security? If indeed there is an arrival lounge, any ideas on where/what/etc.?

Searched, but came up empty-handed. Thanks for any info.
There hasn't been any LH arrival lounge at JFK for a number of years, so whatever you have read must be old information.
Old Aug 2, 2014, 6:00 am

Programs: BA GGL, NH SFC, IHG Diamond, Radisson VIP, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Award flight date change

Sorry to bother you, I have one question.

I have an F award ticket for the 24th of August, which I booked when I was still Senator.

Unfortunately I have to cancel the holiday. Is it possible to just change the date without changing the cabin class (= F) though I am now only Frequent Traveller?

I know F awards are now bookable only by Senator members, so I am a bit confused.

Last edited by Dark Blue; Aug 2, 2014 at 6:19 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.