Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2014, 5:42 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
The Miles & More website is actually linked to Lufthansa website and LH and LX systems don't talk to each other. If you want to make sure you have the seat LX has assigned for you, retrieve your award booking on www.swiss.com by logging in with your M&M number and you should be able to see your seat.
if it is a longhaul flight.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 5:54 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Luca Avalle
Hi everybody,

I will fly to NY for my job from Jun 19 to July 4/5th.

I am LH SEN, with 350K miles and the 2 eVouchers, I am looking for the most interesting way of flying my friend from Lux to NY on Fri, June 27th and spend there some days with me.

It would be best to have the premium economy class for the outward flight and business class for the return.

I have the Japanese ANA card if that helps in the search for flight tickets.

Can you please point me in the right direction with the search?

I travel for my job, but not that requently, that is I am NOT gonna put together another 100K miles during 2014.
Why not an award in business both ways? You have 350K miles and a return business award costs 105K miles. Not sure what you mean by the most interesting way but awards may be difficult to get in the period immediately before the US Independence Day holiday.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 12:55 pm

Award flight

Many thanks for the quick response I have followed your instructions and by logging into the LX website under my Miles and More number the correct seats on 3 of the 4 sectors are shown but the remaining long haul sector says no seat has been selected but my contact at Swiss confirms that it has Do I need to worry or are glitches like this common?
Old Apr 16, 2014, 1:12 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Very common. The LX agent is correct.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 9:19 am

Hi, I'm flying a Lufthansa A343 EWR-DUS with the new business class seats in a few weeks with my teenage son. Does anyone know if the bulkhead seats are better or worse for sleeping or have any more legroom?
Old Apr 20, 2014, 9:39 am

Strike question

I am booked on a flight from ATL to BCN via FRA on Lufthansa May 6th. Booked using US air points. If there is another strike, who do I contact for different flight since US air is no longer partners with Lufthansa. We are cruising from Barcelona so I am a bit nervous. Thanks
Old Apr 23, 2014, 2:35 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Originally Posted by 601pilot
Hi, I'm flying a Lufthansa A343 EWR-DUS with the new business class seats in a few weeks with my teenage son. Does anyone know if the bulkhead seats are better or worse for sleeping or have any more legroom?
The bulkhead seats are no different, only I find the fact that you have to stick your legs in a compartment annoying and the IFE screens are arranged differently. Row 10 gets the meal service last, so they may run out of meal choices if you sit there.

Originally Posted by Taszer
I am booked on a flight from ATL to BCN via FRA on Lufthansa May 6th. Booked using US air points. If there is another strike, who do I contact for different flight since US air is no longer partners with Lufthansa. We are cruising from Barcelona so I am a bit nervous. Thanks
If the flight is cancelled, you have to contact US to rebook you. Since they don't have access to LH award inventory, you will have to request US to rebook you onto BA/IB/AA/US alternatives instead.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 12:16 pm

Programs: A3-G
Hi

Im just want know that from booked long lufthansa flight from usa to dusselforf with an onward connection on lufthansa to glasgow. If the lufthansa flight from dusselforf to glasgow may be changed by lufthansa to be a germanwings flight. I spoken to agent they said im allow access to lounge in dusselforf as im coming off a transatlantic lufthansa flight then going onto another lufthansa flight cos im gold star alliance. Please confirm I will have access to the lounge in dusselforf.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 1:44 am

If you are arriving in business class on a LH flight you get access to the DUS lounge. http://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/Arrival-Services

The Germanwings boarding pass and *G will not get you access to the lounge in DUS.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 12:13 pm

Talking Converging travel+hotel points

Is there an easy way to pool together all my travel (Chase Ultimate) and hotel (Hilton, Barclay) points together and use them for a Lufthansa (or other airline) flight to Germany?

Looking to do a Washington DC to Munich, Germany.
I've seen flights go for under $900 roundtrip on CheapOAir

Thanks for all the newbie help!!
Jeff
Old Apr 25, 2014, 2:22 am

SN through check-in on different tickets

Hi

I've booked BRU-IAD on SN in J.

I will be flying that morning LHR-BRU on a separate reservation in Y.

How likely is it that SN will check my bags all the way through to IAD? And is there any hope of getting lounge access in LHR on the basis of my onward itinerary in J?

Thanks!
Old Apr 25, 2014, 2:28 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Just show them your boarding passes and ask you bag to be labeled to IAD, shouldn't be a problem.... the lounge access in LHR, forget it.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 2:33 am

Originally Posted by gundamwing4132
Is there an easy way to pool together all my travel (Chase Ultimate) and hotel (Hilton, Barclay) points together and use them for a Lufthansa (or other airline) flight to Germany?

Looking to do a Washington DC to Munich, Germany.
I've seen flights go for under $900 roundtrip on CheapOAir

Thanks for all the newbie help!!
Jeff
Chase UR points convert to United MP miles 1:1, Hilton 10:1. Look for awards from IAD to MUC on united.com (doesn't require signup), then open a United Mileage Plus account (if you don't have one already), move the points over to United and book the ticket. Pay the taxes with your Barclay card and use the points there to remove charge from your account.

Originally Posted by zchapk9
Hi

I've booked BRU-IAD on SN in J.

I will be flying that morning LHR-BRU on a separate reservation in Y.

How likely is it that SN will check my bags all the way through to IAD? And is there any hope of getting lounge access in LHR on the basis of my onward itinerary in J?

Thanks!
Checkin bags should be no issue, asking at the T1 *A lounge with the other BP doesn't hurt, but may be unsuccessful.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Chase UR points convert to United MP miles 1:1, Hilton 10:1. Look for awards from IAD to MUC on united.com (doesn't require signup), then open a United Mileage Plus account (if you don't have one already), move the points over to United and book the ticket. Pay the taxes with your Barclay card and use the points there to remove charge from your account.
Use the Barclay card to remove which charge? 10:1 sounds like I should just keep the points at Hilton.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 12:17 pm

Programs: ba
LH Frankfurt Arrivals Lounge

I am travelling LH for the first time from Florida to Edinburgh via Frankfurt with my 8 year old. We have 5 hours in Frankfurt. Does anyone have any experience of the Arrivals Lounge v the general lounge for an early morning arrival and many hours to waste. Has anyone done the Tour of the airport?
Is the breakfast available in the AL better than any offerings in the LH lounges airside. And the showers? Are there any advantages/disadvantages to going through security to get to the AL rather than staying airside?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.