Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Breakfast options at Burbank Airport

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2011, 6:44 am
Original Poster

Breakfast options at Burbank Airport

I grew up in Van Nuys but now live far away and haven't flown out of BUR for years (just into). Flying out of BUR late morning August 20. Looking at staying at the Marriott there the night before (considered the Sportsmen's Lodge but it costs more), and deciding between the regular rate or one that includes breakfast ($22 more total for two). Normally we'd prefer to grab breakfast at the airport, since we'd have time to kill after checking in, anyway. But I don't know what the food options are inside the airport at that hour. Just fast food? Thanks.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just assume BUR has no food whatsoever (it's pretty much the case) and plan accordingly. Also IIRC Starbucks and McDonalds are across the road from marriott on the way to BUR.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by azepine00
Just assume BUR has no food whatsoever (it's pretty much the case) and plan accordingly. Also IIRC Starbucks and McDonalds are across the road from marriott on the way to BUR.
Thanks. As I suspected. The price we pay for leaving from an airport that's less hectic than LAX (fare was actually lower out of BUR, surprisingly). Maybe we'll splurge and eat at the hotel, since we're not likely to get a big meal (even paid) on the plane. Flying to DFW then on to DTW. Maybe have to grab dinner at DFW, though my wife can get hypoglycemic so we'll take a snack or buy one onboard.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 12:03 am

Programs: AA, USAir, UA
Starbucks and McDonalds are across the road from marriott on the way to BUR.
Actually, I think it's a Del Taco, Panda Express, and a Denny's across the street. There is also a "Daily Grill" that friends have offered horror stories about lousy service that I can not suggest....but it is just South of the Marriott .
Old Jul 21, 2011, 4:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mlshanks
Actually, I think it's a Del Taco, Panda Express, and a Denny's across the street. There is also a "Daily Grill" that friends have offered horror stories about lousy service that I can not suggest....but it is just South of the Marriott .
Judging by the Marriott's Web site, I got the impression the Daily Grill is in the hotel. Looks like if we have the time, Denny's may be the best option. Not big fans of McD breakfsts, but it can do in a pinch.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just go to Porto's bakery - it's <3 miles away. Take a cab if you have to...
http://www.yelp.com/biz/portos-bakery-burbank
Old Jul 21, 2011, 2:10 pm
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Emeritus VIP Fromins Deli Encino grandfathered successor program - UA MM & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SoCal
Judging by the Marriott's Web site, I got the impression the Daily Grill is in the hotel.
It is an attached building, on the side of the hotel closest to the airport entrance.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 3:08 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by azepine00
Just go to Porto's bakery - it's <3 miles away. Take a cab if you have to...
http://www.yelp.com/biz/portos-bakery-burbank
+1
Old Jul 22, 2011, 5:39 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the tips.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 10:02 pm

Programs: AA Plat, WN A-List, Marriot Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by TWA884
Porto's is the BOMB!

HP
Old Jul 27, 2011, 6:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HighPotter
Porto's is the BOMB!

HP
We will not use that phrase while walking in the airport. Porto's on Magolia Blvd. is, according to Google Maps, 2.5 miles from the airport, and we won't still have our rental car, so not sure that will work for breakfast. Cab there and back just for brekfast? May hav to save that for another trip.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SoCal
We will not use that phrase while walking in the airport. Porto's on Magolia Blvd. is, according to Google Maps, 2.5 miles from the airport, and we won't still have our rental car, so not sure that will work for breakfast. Cab there and back just for brekfast? May hav to save that for another trip.
perhaps hotel shuttle can drop you off
Old Aug 4, 2011, 5:47 pm

Programs: AA, DL, UA, IHG, HHonors
Breakfast options IN the airport depend on which terminal you're in. The terminal that is all Southwest with a gate or 2 for Jet Blue, has a bar/main food place that makes breakfast burritos and breakfast sandwiches. They're not bad, but I certainly only did that once before I started bringing my own food.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 12:02 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry to hear that the Daily Grill has turned into the Daily Grim. It's part of a mini-chain that at one time was pretty decent.

Incidentally, I stopped staying at Sportsmen's Lodge a decade ago when management told me they wouldn't update the HVAC to allow individual room thermostat control although maybe they finally gave up and fixed that. Kind of ironic since I went to high school with the son of the original owner!
Old Aug 11, 2011, 12:42 pm

Programs: AA, DL, UA, IHG, HHonors
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Sorry to hear that the Daily Grill has turned into the Daily Grim. It's part of a mini-chain that at one time was pretty decent.

Incidentally, I stopped staying at Sportsmen's Lodge a decade ago when management told me they wouldn't update the HVAC to allow individual room thermostat control although maybe they finally gave up and fixed that. Kind of ironic since I went to high school with the son of the original owner!
Ironic.. I feel like the Sportmans Lodge is a nice place to host events but to actually stay there it seems like they don't update as much as they should.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.