Wiki Posts
Search

Status Match to LAN

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2013, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Status Match to LAN

What is the address in which to contact LAN to request a status match from other airlines? I have tried [email protected] but I haven't received a response in 8 weeks.

Anyone have a fax or e-mail that has worked in recent experience?

Best regards,

Beofotch
Old Jun 24, 2013, 3:25 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Is LAN known to do this....?
Old Jun 24, 2013, 3:50 pm

Programs: AA PLT, DL Gold, SPG PLT
Gave friend this address [email protected] earlier this year to request match.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CoWgirrl3
Gave friend this address [email protected] earlier this year to request match.
I just sent my request and received this auto-confirmation, which appears to be a good sign:

Su solicitud (#901) ha sido recibida y será resuelta a la brevedad.

Atentamente,

Servicio LANPASS.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 6:20 pm

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
for fun , check out:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lan-l...-comodoro.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lan-l...l#post16061143

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lan-l...h-lanpass.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lan-l...l#post16642250
Old Jun 25, 2013, 5:38 am
Original Poster

Bingocallerb22,

Thanks for flagging these. I had already seen the first two, and wanted to see if there were any updated or more recent experiences.

I have submitted a request to match US Chairman to Commodoro, I will let you know what I hear. It would be especially nice for it to happen before my wife and I leave for our around-the-world trip, with 16 segments on oneworld in August.

Best regards,

Beofotch

Old Jun 25, 2013, 6:46 am

Super, fingers crossed for you. Yes, let us know, it would be great to have a recent data point!
Old Jun 25, 2013, 7:20 am

Programs: OW Emerald SPG Platinum/Lifetime Gold
It used to be that they only did matches from other OW Emerald members. I don't know if that has changed.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 7:29 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
they don't match to comodoro. only to premium silver.

moreover you need to send them the activity statement of your frequent flyer account. when there are no routes or destinations visible LAN is flying to - they won't match the status.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 11:57 am

Programs: AA PLT, DL Gold, SPG PLT
My friend matched to Premium Silver from SkyTeam Elite Plus earlier this year so definitely not limited anymore.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 2:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
they don't match to comodoro. only to premium silver.

moreover you need to send them the activity statement of your frequent flyer account. .
Indeed they are very strict.

[email protected] seems to work best.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 11:29 pm

Sorry to necro-bump, but I thought others might like to know that LAN still do status match to Comodoro level. I emailed [email protected] on March 27th, requesting a status match, and attached a photo of my QFF Platinum One card and the last years worth of statements.

The LANpass back office team's communication is terrible, so I was not notified that anything had been done, but when I logged into my LANPass in early April I was suddenly Comodoro and had 6 upgrade coupons. I (much) later got a reply to a follow-up ticket I'd opened in the first week of April informing me that my status match had been processed on April 4th.

I suspect they would have matched me even if I'd only been a Platinum (not P1) as I had done a tonne of flights on LAN in the last year, all credited to QF, and I think the activity statements carry more weight than the level (WP vs WP1).

Btw, communication in spanish seems to get dealt with a lot faster! Most of my emails were in engish and tended to get ignored.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 7:15 am

No need to apologize, appreciate you took the time to post this. Thanks. Wow, they did it fast. And congratulations new Comodoro Do you use the companion upgrade coupons?
Old Jul 24, 2014, 4:11 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand Gold / Korean Air Morning Calm / Qatar Gold / Hilton Gold / Hyatt Platinum
Hey all.

I applied for a status match with LAN and got upgraded to Comodoro status! Just like to share some details so other frequent flyer members can do the same!

I would like to start off by saying it was a LONG journey to get the status matched.

I firstly e-mailed in for match on the 25th of May (from my Korean Air Skypass), attaching a picture of my KE FF elite card. I'm only entry-tier (Morning Calm) status. However, it's nearly impossible to go past entry-tier as you need 500,000miles to go to their mid-tier. That's another story!

However, I got a reply on the 29th May asking for my mileage summary and statements for the past six months. As KE does not provide monthly statements, I had to screenshot my flight activity from KE's website. I did so and attached them and replied back promptly.

I received a reply on the 5th of June acknowledging my e-mail and saying they have sent it to their "back office" to evaluate. They also said it will take up to 20 working days to complete.

However, after waiting 20 working days, I received no reply and so sent an e-mail asking when my evaluation would finish. After a few days, I got a reply saying it is still being evaluated and to wait more.

Just when I was about to forget about the match, I got a e-mail confirmation today (25th July) saying LAN management has matched me to their Comodoro status! GREAT!

Please note that I had extensive travel history with KE, accumulating over 400,000miles in the last few years, many of them in J and F class.

Any questions, please don't hesitate to ask
Old Jul 25, 2014, 4:12 am

Congrats! Thanks for posting this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.