Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

00:39 "...now that Lan is likely to exit its alliance"!!?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

00:39 "...now that Lan is likely to exit its alliance"!!?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2012, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I would be surprised if they weren't all called LAN within 2 years. The good folks in Pudahuel probably have calculated out exactly how many more millions they'd have to spend having an airline name with 5 letters instead of 3 over the course of x number of years (printing, paint, etc etc) - even labor costs for each extra syllable spoken (time, you know) saying the airline name.
There is no ariline called LATAM. There is no airline even planning to call itself LATAM.

LATAM is no more the name of the airline than AMR is the name of its USA-based OW partner. LATAM is the parent company of LAN and TAM, just like AMR is the parent comparny of American Airlines (AA) and American Eagle.

Parent companies names are of concern to the people who deal with the company on a company basis. Airline names are what passengers see. And there's no reason for passengers to see LATAM on any planes, on any tickets, etc, just like no passengers see AMR on any planes, on any tickets, etc.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by sdsearch
There is no ariline called LATAM. There is no airline even planning to call itself LATAM.

LATAM is no more the name of the airline than AMR is the name of its USA-based OW partner. LATAM is the parent company of LAN and TAM, just like AMR is the parent comparny of American Airlines (AA) and American Eagle.

Parent companies names are of concern to the people who deal with the company on a company basis. Airline names are what passengers see. And there's no reason for passengers to see LATAM on any planes, on any tickets, etc, just like no passengers see AMR on any planes, on any tickets, etc.
You are repeating what I've already said, although mine was more tongue-in-cheek.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.