Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

Skypass credit card bonus offers: personal and business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 24, 2017, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Korean Air: Mileage earned in Korean Air's SKYPASS program on or after July 1, 2008 has a validity of ten years and any unredeemed mileage will expire. Mileage earned on or before June 30, 2008 will not expire. The ten-year validity is calculated from the date of travel on Korean Air and partner airlines.
Print Wikipost

Skypass credit card bonus offers: personal and business

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2015, 3:01 pm

Being offered both personal and business skypass CC, worth it?

Got mail for both personal and business skypass credit card offers. 40000 and 45000 miles bonus. 1st year annual fee still apply.

I still have some miles with Korean Air. So I'm wondering if it's worth it to get these cards to get a business/first flight to Asia.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 4:02 pm

Those 40k/45k bonuses are pretty good i feel.
Probably worth taking.
U can also transfer Chase ultimate rewards points into KE.

Be aware of the high cost of award tickets for KE though.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 5:26 pm
Community Director Emerita

I'd love to be targeted for their credit cards as I am interested in an award on them. Their normal offer is 30K. As an aside, USBank is tough about approving credit. They don't like seeing any new credit cards opened in recent months.

Originally Posted by HawaiiO
Be aware of the high cost of award tickets for KE though.
Do you mean in points or surcharges?
Old Jun 12, 2015, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I'd love to be targeted for their credit cards as I am interested in an award on them. Their normal offer is 30K. As an aside, USBank is tough about approving credit. They don't like seeing any new credit cards opened in recent months.

Do you mean in points or surcharges?
Letters says pre-approved. But I'll wait until end of July to submit applications. finger crossed.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 11:19 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, UA Mileage Plus, IHG Rewards Club
My husband received a targeted 40k personal offer; he just applied and was approved. Would there be any reason why he should keep it to a full year or more? He's thinking of canceling it after meeting the min spend so that he could re-apply at an earlier time in the future. The 2 lounge vouchers aren't that attractive, but curious to know what you guys think!
Old Jun 13, 2015, 1:17 am

Surcharges on award flights are high on KE and other Asian airlines so be aware of that.
Might not be worth it to u if it is too expensive.

Previously I had a KE skypass cc and it expired.
Two years later, saw an offer of about 30k and took it up and got approved.
US Bank still had my old account info nd they just simply linked it up.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 8:44 am

Programs: DL PLT, Hilton Diamond, CX MPC Silver
It might be worth noting that one can fly to Hawaii on DL ex. N. America for only 25K/45K Skypass miles round-trip in economy/business class, respectively.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by travel_mav
It might be worth noting that one can fly to Hawaii on DL ex. N. America for only 25K/45K Skypass miles round-trip in economy/business class, respectively.
Yes. That's a great price for Hawaii flight. But the down side is the hassle that you have to go through (going back and forth with KE phone agent) to book such flights. And availability on delta is also another challenge.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 8:40 am

Skypass bonus miles via credit card offer?

I apologize if this belongs under the Credit Card section, but since this is specific to the Skypass program:

For those of you who have been around for a while (haha), is the current 30k bonus miles above and beyond normal? Or do they occasionally have something better? (ie: Southwest "standard" offer is like 20k-30k miles but they have 50k miles sometimes).

Just trying to plan things out.

And, anyone know if the credit card offers are churnable? (ie, you can apply every X months? Or is it once in a lifetime like Amex and Citibank?)
Old Apr 26, 2016, 7:24 pm

There is a targeted offer going 'round for 40K miles. I have no idea how they target it; I have been a Skypass member since the 1990's, I did fly on KE last year, and I'm pretty sure I have opted in for all their marketing.

Regarding the churning, I do not know. I suppose it is possible a person would be targeted multiple times, but US Bank (the issuer) is well-known for being tight-fisted with cards, and the usual signup bonus on this card doesn't make churning attractive. You may wish to read this.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 8:03 am

thanks for the info! Much appreciated!
Old Oct 8, 2016, 4:58 pm

Programs: DL SM, CX GREEN
Korean Air credit card, when do miles post

Been using my KE SKypass credit card and wondering how long it takes the miles to post to my account for both the initial 40k bonus, first purchase bonus and normal 1:1 miles?

Additionally, is there anywhere on either the USBank website or KE website I can see if my card is linked to my Skypass account. When I originally applied I did enter my Skypass number, but would like to obviously see it's linked correctly.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 6:40 pm

Programs: UA *Gold
Same day as your statement closing date. It is good. If u r not posted, give usbank a call.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 10:00 am
Community Director Emerita

My husband has received a targeted offer of 45K miles if he gets the Skypass Visa card.
  • 15,000 miles after $1K spend
  • 15,000 more miles after $2K spend
  • 15K more miles after $3K spend

In addition to the points, the card offers
  • 2 KAL lounge coupons each year
  • double miles on Korean Air ticket purchases
  • No foreign exchange fees

The annual fee is $80.

Given the difficulty of getting approved for a USBank credit card, I'm quite surprised. He has applied for other credit cards in 2017.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 4:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Richard1148
Look at the SkyPass number on your statement to see if it is correct. Although I put my SkyPass number on the cc application, I was issued a new SkyPass number and that was where my miles were deposited.
They did this to me, as well. Extremely annoying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.