Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

Skypass credit card bonus offers: personal and business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 24, 2017, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Korean Air: Mileage earned in Korean Air's SKYPASS program on or after July 1, 2008 has a validity of ten years and any unredeemed mileage will expire. Mileage earned on or before June 30, 2008 will not expire. The ten-year validity is calculated from the date of travel on Korean Air and partner airlines.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2014, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold

My wife and I were both recently turned down for the 30K mile offer for the US Bank Skypass business credit card. (We submitted our applications online before the May 31 deadline.) We both have excellent credit scores and have not had trouble being approved by Chase, Citi and Amex for both personal and business credit cards in the past.

FWIW, here is the language in the emails we both received:

Thank you for your interest in the SKYPASS Visa(R) Business Card.

We were unable to approve your application based on the information you provided. You will receive additional information on your application request via U.S. Mail in 7-10 days.

Is there a best number to call to request reconsideration and any advice on how to pursue reconsideration?
Old Jun 4, 2014, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
US Bank is difficult to get cards with.

Check the Club Carlson thread for tips.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by Thunderroad
My wife and I were both recently turned down for the 30K mile offer for the US Bank Skypass business credit card. (We submitted our applications online before the May 31 deadline.) We both have excellent credit scores and have not had trouble being approved by Chase, Citi and Amex for both personal and business credit cards in the past.

We were unable to approve your application based on the information you provided. You will receive additional information on your application request via U.S. Mail in 7-10 days.

Is there a best number to call to request reconsideration and any advice on how to pursue reconsideration?
I don't have the reconsideration number handy, but I got the same letter, googled the number and called them. I don't recall any specific questions the rep asked me; nothing out of the ordinary. I was approved and received the card about a week later. In the interim, I received the "additional information" noting the number of open accounts and recent inquiries. Call them up!
Old Jun 4, 2014, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Thanks folks!
Old Jun 4, 2014, 12:50 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
The phone number I used is 800-947-1444. You first get recorded info regarding your app, but later can connect to a live person. I wasn't calling for reconsideration, just to find out what was taking so long for their decision, so I can't offer any help on what to tell them.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Richard1148
The phone number I used is 800-947-1444. You first get recorded info regarding your app, but later can connect to a live person. I wasn't calling for reconsideration, just to find out what was taking so long for their decision, so I can't offer any help on what to tell them.
Thanks Richard. FWIW...So I called (it's the number for Underwriting) as you suggested, hit option #1, which as you correctly explained eventually gave me the option to speak to a live person. Basically she just needed a bit of basic additional information from me, which she passed on to the credit dept. She informed me that I can call back in two days to find out whether I've been approved.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 6:31 pm

This card has an EMV chip in it.

Not sure how that works in Europe and if u need a pin to go with it.
But i called them up and they said they would send a pin number to me.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 9:02 pm

Got the 30k miles credited to skypass acct a few days after the cc statement closed.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by Thunderroad

Have you had many credit inquiries recently? US Bank has been well-known for turning down applicants with high credit scores just because of the number of recent inquiries on their credit report.
Old Jul 13, 2014, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by HawaiiO
Got the 30k miles credited to skypass acct a few days after the cc statement closed.
I am still waiting for 30k five days after statement closed
Old Jul 14, 2014, 10:47 am

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by adlibitum
I am still waiting for 30k five days after statement closed
Look at the SkyPass number on your statement to see if it is correct. Although I put my SkyPass number on the cc application, I was issued a new SkyPass number and that was where my miles were deposited. I had to contact KE to merge the accounts.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by Richard1148
Look at the SkyPass number on your statement to see if it is correct. Although I put my SkyPass number on the cc application, I was issued a new SkyPass number and that was where my miles were deposited. I had to contact KE to merge the accounts.
Thanks, you were absolutely right, I should have known to double check the account number. I also added my skypass number to the cc app, in fact us bank kept saying for a week they had to confirm it before approval, obviously they did not.

I had to email skypass, the phone rep suggested I keep the second number since it was already linked to the credit card. Another wrinkle is I also got biz card, we will see if yet a third number is generated
Old Jul 23, 2014, 4:14 pm

Seven week award hold??

So it all worked out to merge duplicate accounts created by US Bank and I put an award for 2 F seats on ICN-LAX in September, the agent said they would be on hold until two days before the flight which is over seven weeks away.

Can this be right, I read on blogs KE gives a five day hold for awards?
Old Jul 23, 2014, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Is the 120 days from the date of application or approval?
Old Jul 24, 2014, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by adlibitum
So it all worked out to merge duplicate accounts created by US Bank and I put an award for 2 F seats on ICN-LAX in September, the agent said they would be on hold until two days before the flight which is over seven weeks away.

Can this be right, I read on blogs KE gives a five day hold for awards?
I can't speak from experience, but I've read from several sources that what the agent told you is true. KE will give you a hold until 2 days before departure regardless of how long that may be. Personally I wouldn't wait that long to redeem the award because KE also allows free changes and cancellations, so you have nothing to lose if you can't go on the selected date.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.