Wiki Posts
Search

ICN to Grand Hyatt...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2017, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

ICN to Grand Hyatt...

Hey Guys,

What's a best way to reach the Grand Hyatt Seoul from ICN.

Thanks!

Last edited by Visconti; Jan 15, 2017 at 2:01 pm Reason: PS - Will be traveling with 2. Taxi reasonable cost and accepts CC?
Old Jan 16, 2017, 1:38 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
The simplest way is the Korean Air Limo Bus #6702. If you're flying Korean Air you can buy tickets on board and get a slight discount when you buy the round trip. One way is 15,000W.

Otherwise, when you come out onto the arrivals level, go to door 4A or 10B. Whichever you are closest to... Nearby you will see a ticket window and tell them Grand Hyatt Itaewon. There's another Park Hyatt in Gangnam, NOT the same obviously. Then look for the bus sign posted nearby. The men managing the bus lines are also very helpful for foreign tourists.

If you take the airport train, you have to transfer to the subway and a local bus which isn't always the easiest with big bags. Cost is around 5,000W for the train. If you have a T-Money card, you can transfer to the bus for free. If not, you have to pay another 1,300W on the bus.

Just stick to Korean Air Limo bus.

https://seoul.grand.hyatt.com/en/hot...portation.html
Old Jan 16, 2017, 8:55 am
Original Poster

Thanks!

I'm flying OZ and will be arriving at ICN at around 10 pm. Depending on clearing immigration/customs, I may not clear until after 11 pm.

I'm planning to book my first night at the Hyatt Regency Incheon, but realize that 11 pm is their last shuttle. If I were to miss the shuttle, is the distance walkable? Or, easily reached via taxi?

Worst case scenario, I can send the early morning at the lounge. I've noticed one of the Sky Hub lounges are open until 6 am. Do you know offhand if that is likely accessible with Gates often used by OZ?
Old Jan 16, 2017, 4:39 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, Delta Platinum, US Platimum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
I think you have a good chance to take 11pm shuttle. In case you miss it, you can take the taxi.

It will be tough to walk to Grand Hyatt Incheon even though it is pretty close.
Enjoy time in Korea.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 6:49 pm

There are no lounges landside at ICN. You'd have to be transferring somewhere to use the lounge (and need an itinerary or boarding pass).

You mean the Grand Hyatt Seoul on Namsan, correct? NOT the hotel next to the airport?!
Old Jan 16, 2017, 6:53 pm

You cannot walk to the Incheon Hyatt. There's no sidewalks there, just busy airport road. You would have to take a taxi. Take a taxi in the taxi line, DO NOT use a random person. You will NOT pay more than 3,600W to get to the Incheon Hyatt. Do not pay 5,000 or 10,000. They probably won't turn on the meter, but if they do, it won't go up a drop. It takes literally two seconds.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 6:54 pm

oh and I noticed this option to get to Hyatt Incheon, which should be more than enough time for you:

HOTEL shuttle:

* Last from the airport: 11:15PM (gate 3C), 11:20PM (gate 14C)

AIRPORT shuttle (presumably run by the airport):

last 11:28 PM from gate 3
Old Jan 16, 2017, 11:15 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies.

The bulk of my stay will be at the Grand Hyatt in Itaewon, but I'm arriving a day before at around 10 pm. Before checking in, I was considering (1) spending a night at the Hyatt Incheon, or (2) stay airside (not sure if this is possible) and pass the time at a lounge until morning.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 5:31 pm

Ah ok that's what I thought. I didn't read well. Distracted by that pesky work haha.

You can't stay airside. You have to go straight out to immigration, baggage claim and then out onto the arrivals level.

One option landside inside the hotel that's definitely Korean is the jjimjilbang (sauna) in the basement. It's called Spa On Air.

BUT if you land at 10, hustle your way off the plane, you could make the last Grand Hyatt shuttles I mentioned above. At that time, if you're tired, I wouldn't want to F with hustling for the last bus to Seoul or sitting on the train for an hour haha.

Then in the morning you can take the shuttle back to the airport (literally 2 minutes) and then catch the limo bus direct to Itaewon Hyatt. Do that outside of rush hour, like 10 AM haha. Way less traffic.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 6:54 pm
Original Poster

Glad I checked on here!

Thanks! And, really looking forward to Seoul!
Old Jan 18, 2017, 12:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The GH ICN runs their own shuttle frequently (better), but there are also free public buses that stop st the corner of the GH ICN. If you enter by the side door to the hotel right where the bus stops, you walk through the restaurant with the different food stations and seating areas to get to the front desk in the older building. The newer building is farther, although there is a complicated indoor pathway that doesn't require any stairs.

You might also be able to take the new monorail to GH ICN, but I doubt that it would be better late at night.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 11:06 am
Original Poster

By the way, relatively quick & easy getting from the Main to Concourse A? Also, any recommendations for classic Korean beef cuisine & noodle restaurants in Itaewon?

Thanks!
Old Feb 19, 2017, 8:14 am

Getting from Main to Concourse A? You mean between terminals? You have to take a train between them. The escalators down to the train. The escalator entrance is closest to the security entrances 3 and 4. But, those entrances might have long lines so always check the status of the other security entrances.

There is very little Korean food in Itaewon these days. It's now trendy bars and international restaurants for Koreans. Also, you can't go to most places alone. Koreans eat in groups except for kimbap, noodle shops etc.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

Yes, from Main T (3A KL Limo bus drop off) to TA.

Hoping for some good Bulgogi. Will try the Myeong-dong area then. A friend recommended Emo jhip-aunty's house. I can't seem to find it. Any idea you'd be familiar with it?
Old Feb 19, 2017, 8:00 pm

When you get to the airport, it's very simple. Korean Air check in will be right there on your right. Security entrance right behind it. If that line is long, try the other ones down the way. As I mentioned the trains are near doors 3 and 4, but of course there are signs once you pass security and immigration (they're like burgundy/red color). Do know that once you take the train to the Concourse, you cannot go back. The shopping, food and lounges in the Main Terminal are significantly better than the Concourse, so don't go too early honestly to your gate.

I've never heard of the restaurant honestly. I did a Google search for 이모집 and see it's in Insadong. In the area there, in the alleys are A LOT of restaurants as well if you can't find Imo Jip.

Also, when is your trip? If I am available, I am always happy to meet FTers and others for dinner.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.