Wiki Posts
Search

Need Money Exchange at 5 am on a Saturday at ICN

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2016, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Question Need Money Exchange at 5 am on a Saturday at ICN

We will arrive in ICN early September on a Saturday at 5 am
Wondering if there's any currency exchange open to get some KRW?

I know credit card is widely used but it doesn't hurt to have a few cash on hand

If it doesn't seem like there's currency exchange, I might try to get some before landing there.
Our hotel is in Yeouido, on top of IFC mall, not sure if there's currency exchange there that opens on a Saturday Morning.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Old Jul 26, 2016, 9:55 pm

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
Don't worry, something will be open. 5AM the Arrivals area starts to get pretty busy with all of the red eye flights arriving from Southeast Asia. Don't expect much around your hotel for exchange except a proper bank.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

okay thanks for the tip!
Old Jul 31, 2016, 8:19 am

Programs: UA, NW
In any case, shouldn't there be international ATMs available at ICN?

I only flew out of ICN (I was on an open-jaw ticket, flying into NRT and out of ICN), but I can't imagine that there are no ATMs for arriving passengers.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 8:49 pm
mk1

Programs: KE Morning Calm; AA Plat
Originally Posted by ksandness
In any case, shouldn't there be international ATMs available at ICN?

I only flew out of ICN (I was on an open-jaw ticket, flying into NRT and out of ICN), but I can't imagine that there are no ATMs for arriving passengers.
ATMs are easy to find on the arrivals level after you exit baggage claim/customs.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 4:35 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, B6, CX, KE, Latitude, VIFP, Crown & Anchor, etc.
Landside, once you leave the secured area of the int'l arrival, look for signage to the 24/7 Foreign Currency Exchange (checked the bilingual directory guides if you aren't sure) That place is alive with lots of activities by 5:30 AM or even earlier, with a few overseas arrival landing.

Yes, there are a good # of ATM for withdrawing local currency, just alert your home bank ahead of your travel plans.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.