Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Korea
Reload this Page >

ICN lounges during transit

Old Aug 18, 16, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United, American, Singapore Air, Southwest

I will be flying business class from LAX into ICN on Asiana, connecting to a Thai Airways flight with a 4 hour layover. I understand Asiana fly into the main terminal gates and Thai uses the Terminal A gates. I have been told that I will be directed straight to Terminal A upon arrival. Is there a business class lounge in TA I can use? If not, can I remain in the main terminal and use Asiana's lounge?
Old Aug 18, 16, 7:28 pm

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club, JL Mileage Bank
As you're flying Asiana, you will 99.99999% come out of the main terminal when you transit as 99.999999% of Asiana flights land in the main terminal. Sometimes, if it's super busy, there might not be a gate and they will land at the passenger terminal (where Thai departs).

If you are in the main terminal, you can use the lounge there. It's bigger BUT it's also MUCH busier depending on the time of day. The passenger terminal has a lounge that some prefer. I haven't been. BUT be warned: If you take the train to the passenger terminal, you CANNOT go back to the main terminal if you decide you don't like the lounge.

Search this Thread