Wiki Posts
Search

Transit Visa at ICN

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2016, 12:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: CA Gold, EY Silver HHons Diamond
Transit Visa at ICN

Have googled about but can't find too much information so hoping someone might be able to help.

I'm looking to take advantage of CA ex ICN prices to LAX.

We are hoping to take a positioning flight from PEK a day or so before our ICN - LAX flight which obviously connects in PEK.

What I am worried about is would a transit visa be granted if the itinery is ICN - PEK - LAX? Would immigration accept the intended third country destination, or just see a return back to PEK?

I'm presuming we can take a CA positioning flight, through check bags and just transit airside, but we would like to break up the trip and see Seoul for a day if possible.

One UK and two Chinese passports will be travelling.

Any advice very much appreciated, thanks.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 2:41 pm

immigration will see it as round trip as you are not going to third country in transit
however: Visa required, except for Nationals of China (People's Rep.)

with a visa issued by Australia, Canada, New Zealand,
Switzerland, USA or an EEA Member State and

Visa required, except for Passengers with a British passport

with nationality of British Citizen or British National

(Overseas)" shown on the bio-data page for a maximum stay of
90 days.
better check to make sure but it looks like that if they have a visa for the u.s. then they're visa exempt in korea.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.