Wiki Posts
Search

ICN transit hotel - thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2014, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, Avios, Chase
ICN transit hotel - thoughts?

I'm arriving from NRT at 2130, and departing the next day at 1000 for JFK, both on OZ. I've booked a room at the ICN transit hotel. Did a forum search for a few questions I have but did not see any responses, so thought I would ask the following:

(1) Upon arriving from NRT, will I be ushered to immigration, or can I enter a transit area and proceed to the transit hotel?
(2) I commence travel in CCU and would like it to be checked all the way to go JFK. Will OZ force me to get my luggage upon arrival at ICN?
(3) My criteria for a transit hotel are access to a comfortable bed / shower, and fast wifi. Any thoughts on whether the transit hotel will satisfy my criteria? The website for the transit hotel suggests that internet is only available at the business center? And it seems like there is now a shower in each room?

Thanks for any help
Old Mar 12, 2019, 4:42 pm

Bumping this as I'm facing a very similar itinerary, half a decade later.

Also - will I have problems if I speak no Korean, nor carry Korean cash (only US-issued credit cards)?
Old Mar 12, 2019, 6:28 pm

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
OZ will pay for your hotel AND give dinner AND breakfast coupons f it is a paid ticket on a forced overnight layover. Meaning that there were no other options to get you connected same day. Call customer service and ask.

Otherwise - transit hotel is airside so you follow transit signs. OZ will check your bags all the way through and issue both BP at first airport. Even if you stay at OZ provided hotel outside airport they will do this.

Don't worry about language. Speak simple English of course, don't come at them with full on native speed haha. US credit cards are taken in the airport as are USD.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 8:40 am

Programs: Asiana Diamond, Marriott Plat/Gold
US credit cards are also taken at a majority of places in Korea, so don't worry about that.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 8:36 pm

Programs: BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
I have a 5 hour layover between an AC inbound flight and an OZ outbound. Would booking the airside hotel or the landside one be better for a nap? The airside hotel is minimum 6 hour booking, but I will only be able to use about 2 hours. Otherwise, the landside one offers 3 hour blocks. The airside one is about 40k Won more.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 11:54 pm

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
Originally Posted by dbltree
I have a 5 hour layover between an AC inbound flight and an OZ outbound. Would booking the airside hotel or the landside one be better for a nap? The airside hotel is minimum 6 hour booking, but I will only be able to use about 2 hours. Otherwise, the landside one offers 3 hour blocks. The airside one is about 40k Won more.
Personally - I'd book the landside one if you don't mind immigration. Save a little cash. Shouldn't take long honestly. But if you don't wanna mess with all that, book airside.

That being said - the airport itself has a great Transit Rest & Relax area with free showers and great nap chairs. I'd definitely check those out first....but of course they aren't guaranteed to be open (the chairs). Shower is free when you show both boarding passes as transit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.