Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ 3A2 - KLM Aircraft and Seating Questions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2014, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by ahar
My Trip on KLM site - KL0958 on 8/APR/15

Come to think of it, this probably explains why I received a message on the web site last night stating I'd chosen a seat in an emergecy exit row after I'd chosen a different, non exit row seat on another leg of the journey.
I have similar question too. I was checking for a KLM flight in April 2015, but found the seating arrangement to be different from what i saw in the past.

Economy Comfort seems to be reduced to one row only (row 6, which I believe has no window on KLM 737-700), and the number of rows is changed from 23 to 25. 11A/11F are gone too.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 1:13 am

Originally Posted by johan rebel
Aren't they busy removing galleys and cramming in more seat rows?

Johan
That may not be a good idea. If they're jamming more rows of seats, then the seat pitch in business cabin will decrease for sure.... not sure if it's a good idea to anger your business class paying customers.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by frankvb
It has always been possible to pre-allocate these seats. Haven't flown WBC recently so others will have a more definitive answer. Wonder if my memory made the past better than it actually was...
Haven't flown WBC recently either, but your memory certainly doesn't fail you. It was indeed always possible to pre-book row 77, for as many years back as I can remember.

Perhaps they have hit upon another bright and brilliant "enhancement": WBC Comfort (WBCC for short) at an extra €250 per seat?

Johan
Old Nov 13, 2014, 2:24 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
I have similar question too. I was checking for a KLM flight in April 2015, but found the seating arrangement to be different from what i saw in the past.

Economy Comfort seems to be reduced to one row only (row 6, which I believe has no window on KLM 737-700), and the number of rows is changed from 23 to 25. 11A/11F are gone too.
A week from Saturday, I will fly KL BUD-AMS on 737-800. My confirmed seat is EC (row 6) so is the food in EC like regular economy or more like business for this particulr flight?
Old Nov 14, 2014, 2:21 am

Programs: FB Platinum PA; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Xeno
A week from Saturday, I will fly KL BUD-AMS on 737-800. My confirmed seat is EC (row 6) so is the food in EC like regular economy or more like business for this particulr flight?
Regular economy.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 5:09 am

Originally Posted by Xeno
The seating configuration is only modified on 737-700, and the change won't take effect until march 30, 2015.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
I have an upcoming flight on a KL 772. Can anybody give me any feedback on seats 30D or 30F? They are aisle seats in the bulkhead row, center section. SeatGuru codes them yellow, presumably because they are too close to the lavs; I can live with that if the pitch is appreciably better that the rest of the regular economy cabin. But is it? Or is it 31" pitch with a hard bulkhead, in which case I probably ought to re-seat myself in another sear, where I can at least put my feet underneath the seat in front.

Edited to add: having completed my flight in 30F on the KL 772, I would not recommend it or 30D for a flight in which the traveler intends to sleep (i.e. a red eye). Although it has some extra pitch, the bulkhead in front is a hard one that runs to the floor; it was uncomfortable for me to try to sleep because if I tried to recline extend my legs, my feet hit the wall, so I had to try to sleep with my knees bent and my feet planted on the floor, which wasn't comfortable. That said, on a day flight where I wasn't planning on sleeping, I'd probably take 30D or 30F over the other free-of-charge seats because I could cross my legs, wouldn't have anyone reclining into me, and wouldn't need to get up if the middle seat passenger wanted to get out.

Last edited by SAT Lawyer; Mar 10, 2015 at 5:28 pm
Old Mar 31, 2015, 2:18 am

Programs: Flying Blue Petroleum, BA Exec Club
I sat in 40J, other half in 40H on the 772 and can confirm they do have more legroom due to the curvature of the plane the seats are at a slight V shape to each other. The aisle seat looks like it is similar pitch to other seats but gets progressively more room towards the window. Not a huge amount but every little helps.

This is in the old layout, not sure if this will be the same in the new layout.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 6:03 am

Programs: Skyteam Silver, BA Bronze
Question 772 CPT-AMS C seat query

Apologies if this has been covered, but i have searched (Promise!)

Upcoming CPT-AMS on 772 with 6 rows of C class. Row 6 looks to be almost stcuk on the front of Y, is it a mini cabin with divider or is it as it looks ?

Row 1 is totally free and would usually be my go to option, but not having flown this variant (BA migrant here!) I have no idea what to go for !
Old Apr 18, 2015, 12:18 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum for Life, AccorLiveLimitless Platinum, Qatar Airways Gold
Row 6 has a fixed divider but that still wont stop you from hearing the babys cry (if any) in economy comfort. I haven't flown The new C on the 772 yet. But maybe you can get some more info from this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-f...-wbc-b772.html
Old Apr 18, 2015, 2:07 am

Programs: Skyteam Silver, BA Bronze
Cool

Originally Posted by Brendan88
Row 6 has a fixed divider but that still wont stop you from hearing the babys cry (if any) in economy comfort. I haven't flown The new C on the 772 yet. But maybe you can get some more info from this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-f...-wbc-b772.html
Thats brilliant.. That was just the link i was searching for (But didnt find!)

Thanks Brendan. Will report back with pics post july trip (Might risk row 6 and see what happens.) I was just concerned that it would be just a curtain !
Old Apr 18, 2015, 11:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
For 2 pax flying on the 747 WBC, is it better to seat in the upper or lower deck?
Old Jun 29, 2015, 9:14 am

I'm flying with my wife to Narita with 747.

Following you suggestions I've reserved seats 1k and 1j.

Now a friend of mine told me that the upper deck is business only and nicer.

What do you think? In case there are some "better" seats upstairs?

Thank
Old Jul 1, 2015, 10:48 am

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by bubissimo
I'm flying with my wife to Narita with 747.

Following you suggestions I've reserved seats 1k and 1j.

Now a friend of mine told me that the upper deck is business only and nicer.

What do you think? In case there are some "better" seats upstairs?

Thank
Flew PVG-AMS with my wife, 1K/J are undoubtedly the best seats in the entire KLM fleet! It's so quiet there, service (usually) starts there, you have a whole cabinet in front of you to store your carry-on(s), 1J has great views from the window, the list could go on…
Old Jul 4, 2015, 10:28 am

Programs: AS MVPG, UA, Marriott
Does the fuselage curvature affect 1k space very much? My wife and I are trying to decide between 1j/k and 77a/b for a night flight. I like the idea of the privacy/lack of traffic of 1j/k but we are both 6' (182 cm) and like room to stretch out. Any thoughts on the relative merits of upper deck vs lower for space, noise, light?

Thanks for your help!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.