Update

Done
BFA (all Passenger)
BFB (all Passenger)
BFC (combi - KLM ASIA)
BFD (combi - KLM ASIA)
BFE (combi)
BFG (all Passenger)
BFH (combi, currently full passenger - KLM ASIA)
BFI (combi)
BFK (combi)
BFL (all Passenger)
BFM (combi - KLM ASIA)
BFN (all Passenger)
BFO (combi)
BFP (combi - KLM ASIA)
BFR (combi)
BFS (combi)
BFT (combi)
BFU (combi)
BFV (combi)
BFW (combi)
BFY (combi - KLM ASIA)

Currently in PTV installation
BFF (combi - KLM ASIA)

@ sth1984: F for the middle, sides I don't know
Old Nov 4, 2010, 8:38 pm

http://www.ink-live.com/emagazines/holland-herald

Download the November 2010 Issue - pdf - go to page 83.

Here is some text: "With the recent final installation of audio-and-video-on-demand (AVOD) equipment in Economy Class on Boeing 747 aircraft, all passengers on KLM’s intercontinental flights can now enjoy their personal choice of inflight entertainment at the touch of a button.
AVOD offers instant access to over 85 movies, a broad range of TV and music catering for all tastes, challenging games to play, and options for sending text or e-mail messages.
From Liszt to Lady Gaga, from Tom Cruise to Tom Jones, the choice is enormous. Want to learn a language? The Berlitz language course offers a choice of 23! Or, what about some home-grown
Tasty treat
KLM is offering passengers on all its flights out of Amsterdam a taste of The Netherlands during the ‘From Holland Food & Wine Festival’ this month. Savour the best the national kitchen has to offer, from traditional snacks to specially created dishes using fresh, home-grown produce, and top-quality wines from Dutch vineyards.
See pages 82-83 for all the delicious details!
entertainment? KLM has special channels specifically devoted to Dutch movies, TV and music. You can also tune in to Meals & more, a dedicated channel offering information on the food available on selected flights from Amsterdam.
This completed installation of AVOD has been accompanied by new, ergonomically designed seating in Economy Class on Boeing 747s, with adjustable head- and armrests and lumbar support. Sit back in comfort for a relaxed journey.
See page 91 for further details of AVOD programming, or go to klm.com and click on ‘Prepare for travel’ and then ‘Entertainment on board’.
Curtain up!"
Old Nov 12, 2010, 1:56 am

Programs: FB Ivory, M&M FT
As of today all KLM 747-400s are equipped with PTVs.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 11:56 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by MacMarray
Yihi!!! ^
Old Nov 12, 2010, 12:25 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M, BA Executive Club, Sofitel Plat, Priority Club, Starwood Preferred Guest
Originally Posted by MacMarray
Great news, and they kept their promise to do it before end of year 2010.
^^^
Old Nov 15, 2010, 5:23 am

Programs: CX SL, AB Gold, AF/KL FB Silver, HU/HX Silver, SPG Gold
I got this from KLM Hong Kong today as part of an e-newsletter.

Economy Class Enhancement Completed
We are pleased to announce that enhancement of our Economy Class cabin is now completed. All seats in our Economy Class on the Hong Kong and China routes are now equipped with new personal video, to offer our passengers a wider array of inflight entertainment options, including:
Over 80 movies TV channel for kids
24 radio channels Games and more
Specially created music programmes Creating your own music playlists

In addition, we even offer in-flight Language Courses through the personal video system to let you practice the language of your destination!
Every flight offers 23 languages from the well-known Berlitz World Traveller language institute. Courses include exercises, tests and games to make learning fun.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 6:47 am

Programs: A number, but no status no more
And this puts them way ahead of their sister Air France, which still doesn't seem to have plans to upgrade their 747s.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Nov 15, 2010, 8:05 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Awesome!
Old Dec 30, 2010, 7:45 pm

I was looking at seat garu. It said shared TV on economy class of KLM`s 747. What is shared TV? Is it an error on seat garu. Said the same on delta and lufthansa`s 747 in economy class
Old Dec 30, 2010, 9:51 pm

Programs: FB M&M AA Amex HH SPG and others
Originally Posted by averre747
I was looking at seat garu. It said shared TV on economy class of KLM`s 747. What is shared TV? Is it an error on seat garu. Said the same on delta and lufthansa`s 747 in economy class
Don't know about Delta and Lufthansa, but for KLM the info on Seatguru is outdated.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 2:31 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Originally Posted by Brobbel
Don't know about Delta and Lufthansa, but for KLM the info on Seatguru is outdated.
If I am correct, LH has started introducing PTV's in economy and Delta has announced plans to introduce PTV's in economy.

Gajan
Old Dec 31, 2010, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by Gajan
If I am correct, LH has started introducing PTV's in economy and Delta has announced plans to introduce PTV's in economy.

Gajan
Thanks, but what is the difference between shared TV and personal TV? KLM did get personal TV, but what is a shared TV?
Old Dec 31, 2010, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by GenevaFlyer
And this puts them way ahead of their sister Air France, which still doesn't seem to have plans to upgrade their 747s.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
actually 3 air france 744s have PTVs in there cabin. They fly on the american route.
Old Jan 1, 2011, 2:53 am

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M, BA Executive Club, Sofitel Plat, Priority Club, Starwood Preferred Guest
Thanks, but what is the difference between shared TV and personal TV? KLM did get personal TV, but what is a shared TV?
Shared TV is a screen in the cabin that you cannot change, you just watch what is played.
As said, all KLM long haul fleet now have individual or personal TV's.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 5:39 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Silver, MR Lifetime Gold
I recently flew AMS-MEX in Y and found the screens to be larger than on AF 777s. The one thing I liked about AF's entertainment system is that it worked during take off and landing (and during the LOOOOONG taxis at JFK, CDG).

Originally Posted by Gajan
Delta announced plans for a LOT of things. At one point Delta announced that they would fit the crappy old 763s with new Y seats, the ones that were not aligned and provided more room. That never happened... they eventually gave up on the idea. DL has 57 awful 763ER planes that they plan to update. It will likely take several years to get that done. They announced they would install PTVs in Y on 747s but that will be over the next year and a half or so. So if you fly DL across the pond in Y over the next 3-4 years, make sure you're in an A330 or 764. Better yet, stick with KLM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.