Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Long Beach Rejects LGB Customs Facility Proposal

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Long Beach Rejects LGB Customs Facility Proposal

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2017, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12
Information given to me by a company insider well senior enough to know for sure. I do not doubt it one bit.
just wondering, did this person have any idea how much more they can grow at LAX from the about 15 flights a day they have right now?
Old Feb 22, 2017, 8:47 pm

Programs: GE
LAX is already, what, the 4th busiest in the world? There will be growth opportunities, but they'll be slow, and expensive.

Moving to T5 is likely a huge net gain for JetBlue, but I don't know if that will allow the level of growth they're looking for.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 9:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by bbtrvl
LAX is already, what, the 4th busiest in the world? There will be growth opportunities, but they'll be slow, and expensive.

Moving to T5 is likely a huge net gain for JetBlue, but I don't know if that will allow the level of growth they're looking for.
I highly doubt LAX is 4th in the world let alone the country.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 11:29 pm

Programs: GE
Originally Posted by hiima
I highly doubt LAX is 4th in the world let alone the country.
I was just going off of: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...senger_traffic

Whatever the ranking, if LAX really moved 81mm pax in 2016, that's pushing its capacity, for now.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 4:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by tphuang
just wondering, did this person have any idea how much more they can grow at LAX from the about 15 flights a day they have right now?
I'm sure they do. I was not privy to that information.

LAX is more or less at capacity these days, mostly from a gate perspective. And that's the whole airport, not any specific airline. Growth there is not easy to come by.
Old May 7, 2017, 1:11 am

Confirmation that ONT is courting JetBlue:

http://www.dailybulletin.com/busines...d-more-service
Old May 8, 2017, 12:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by writerguyfl
Confirmation that ONT is courting JetBlue:

http://www.dailybulletin.com/busines...d-more-service
Hmm. I wasn't sure if they returned to ONT in near the future. Let make it happen.
Old May 8, 2017, 8:47 am

seems like ONT is one of the few airport that B6 can get into and with enough gates, but not sure where they can fly to (outside of JFK) that would not be a massive bloodbath with WN and AS
Old May 9, 2017, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by haddon90
the problem with SNA is i do not believe the a320 can make it to JFK/BOS with the short runway. but i would love for them to expand into SNA.
^
Old May 10, 2017, 2:09 am

Originally Posted by tphuang
seems like ONT is one of the few airport that B6 can get into and with enough gates, but not sure where they can fly to (outside of JFK) that would not be a massive bloodbath with WN and AS
Selfishly, I'm hoping it happens and that they fly to FLL. My aunt happens to be about 10 minutes from ONT, so I'd love a non-stop when I need to make those trips.

But, FLL is a hub (or maybe they call it a focus city) for JetBlue. They serve 15+ destinations in the Caribbean, Central America, and South America. That said, I have no clue if there's significant passenger traffic between Southern California and any of those destinations to warrant flights between ONT and FLL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.