Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Massive Mint growth coming in 2017 and beyond

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Massive Mint growth coming in 2017 and beyond

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2016, 2:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767
Interesting slide, but I'm not seeing the Caribbean routes. Did those go away?
No, but there is no growth planned there.

Also, there could still be more in 2017; the ones shown in the slide are announced start dates. The others are announced routes with as yet unspecified start dates.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 2:28 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767
Interesting slide, but I'm not seeing the Caribbean routes. Did those go away?
Without context, that slide is meaningless. It is just a slide of the routes that were announced earlier in the year but have not yet started.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 4:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
The slide also identifies the routes currently served (green dots) which is why I asked. Looks like UA is pulling its 777 service from Bos to Sfo and I was exploring my options. Also we were looking at somewhere other than the house in south Florida for a vacation and I didn't see the Mint routes headed to the Caribbean.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 3:04 am

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Also, remember that the Caribbean routes are mostly Saturday-only or weekend-only operations designed to take advantage of otherwise-idled aircraft. Those will probably be filled in on a case-by-case basis.

From my perspective, the FLL-LAX/SFO route is potentially the most useful for me (I have friends and family in Florida and I'm very used to taking the train down there as part of a larger trip). I'm going to knock on wood and hope that they look at a JFK/BOS-FLL route a la VX (well, alongside my desired WAS-LAX/SFO route).
Old Mar 24, 2017, 10:56 am

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/...routes-in-w17/

Looks like JFK to SAN will convert one flight to mint in August and the 2nd one in October.

BOS to SAN will both be December.

JFK to LAS will convert one in November. Bummed this is not coming sooner!
Old Mar 24, 2017, 12:07 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by sbm12
No, but there is no growth planned there.

Also, there could still be more in 2017; the ones shown in the slide are announced start dates. The others are announced routes with as yet unspecified start dates.
It's a pipe dream, but I'd love to see MINT routes out of PHL to the west coast.

Long term, I hope JetBlue becomes sort of the east coast version of the merged-Alaska, which focus cities in all the major East airports (BOS, JFK, PHL, DCA, RDU, FLL) with a bevy of transcons to the west coast.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 6:00 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
I'd love to see JetBlue serve LAX-DCA/IAD with Mint.

Last edited by bhrubin; Mar 24, 2017 at 6:08 pm
Old Mar 25, 2017, 6:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA Plat, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Agreed. I'd fly Mint over Club World every time.
+1
Old Mar 25, 2017, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bridge29
It's a pipe dream, but I'd love to see MINT routes out of PHL to the west coast.
At least AS/VX is coming back. For what that's worth.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by bhrubin
I'd love to see JetBlue serve LAX-DCA/IAD with Mint.
if they continue to take the new A321 in mint config, they should be done with the current mint expansion by sometimes in first half of 2018. It would be interesting to see where Jetblue goes after that.

They could add more frequency to the existing routes. They could add EWR-LAX/SFO, which I think would do well, since UA will basically be running a monopoly there once VX first class goes away. They could add one DCA-LAX flight. They could add JFK to PHX.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 9:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tphuang
They could add EWR-LAX/SFO, which I think would do well, since UA will basically be running a monopoly there once VX first class goes away. They could add one DCA-LAX flight. They could add JFK to PHX.
I don't think a one-off competition against UA's 10-12x daily to LAX/SFO would be competitive, but I suppose it would be fun to try. I'd bet on other markets getting Mint before PHX, though my DL flight JFK-PHX on Friday was on a premium config 752. DCA-LAX requires a perimeter-exempt slot that JetBlue doesn't have. Also, lots of competition on that route (DL, AS, AA) and DL is already going premium there (and SFO-BOS, too).
Old Mar 26, 2017, 12:04 pm

I don't think a one-off competition against UA's 10-12x daily to LAX/SFO would be competitive, but I suppose it would be fun to try. I'd bet on other markets getting Mint before PHX, though my DL flight JFK-PHX on Friday was on a premium config 752. DCA-LAX requires a perimeter-exempt slot that JetBlue doesn't have. Also, lots of competition on that route (DL, AS, AA) and DL is already going premium there (and SFO-BOS, too).
not one off. Shift 2 or 3 over from JFK at the same time you get a new mint for EWR. And continue to add more if there are demand. I'd imagine you need 3 or 4 at least to be competitive. There are plenty of high value customers around lower manhattan and jersey city and midtown west who would prefer EWR over JFK.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 8:48 pm

Programs: Free agent
Originally Posted by tphuang
not one off. Shift 2 or 3 over from JFK at the same time you get a new mint for EWR. And continue to add more if there are demand. I'd imagine you need 3 or 4 at least to be competitive. There are plenty of high value customers around lower manhattan and jersey city and midtown west who would prefer EWR over JFK.
I fit that demographic and I'd rather fly out of JFK every time. EWR is a worse airport in my experience by nearly every metric I can think of.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 9:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA Platinum, others
Originally Posted by MSYtoJFKagain
I fit that demographic and I'd rather fly out of JFK every time. EWR is a worse airport in my experience by nearly every metric I can think of.
That's me too -- I fly premium NYC-SFO/LAX regularly and EWR is a lousy airport to fly from, especially the B6 terminal. Yeech. T5 is SUCH a better experience.

The only people this helps is the Jersey crowd. Leave us lower Manhattanites out of it.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 6:55 am

Programs: Free agent
Originally Posted by jmr50
That's me too -- I fly premium NYC-SFO/LAX regularly and EWR is a lousy airport to fly from, especially the B6 terminal. Yeech. T5 is SUCH a better experience.

The only people this helps is the Jersey crowd. Leave us lower Manhattanites out of it.
JFK allows me to take the subway out if I have the extra time as well. Makes spending the extra for Mint an easier decision in my mind. If I'm flying with OPM than I'm in Mint anyway but I can just toss the Uber on my company account.

I love the SAN expansion and I was planning on heading out there soon to see some old friends. This will give me better incentive to do so.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.