Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First bag free again...or not

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2015, 8:36 am
Original Poster

First bag free again...or not

Recently flew on Jetblue. When I was getting ready for the trip I went to their website, clicked Manage Flights, entered booking confirmation and name, and got my confirmation. In there, I expanded View Itinerary Details and down the page expanded the Lowest details where it says one checked bag was included. I planned accordingly.

Got to the airport and they charged me for the bag. I showed them the printout from their website saying the bag was free and still no dice. Interesting, their website still has not been fixed.

Anyone else see this on their itinerary?
Old Aug 30, 2015, 11:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Should it have been free? Were you on one of the 10 route where there is no charge or on a fare which should have included it?
Old Aug 30, 2015, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

I booked it as part of a package. I had no idea what it should or should not have included. Went to Jetblue's website to check and since I saw the one bag included I assumed it was. According to check in person it wasn't. Trying to see if others have seen this and managed to get free checked bags or also ran into problems. I am thinking that it is probably left from before their change.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 4:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

When did you make the purchase?
Old Aug 30, 2015, 6:42 pm
Original Poster

The package was booked after they changed their policy to charge for baggage. I didn't know what the contract was with the vacation packager or what fare the packager paid for so wasn't surprised to see one checked bag. No matter when I booked, if the confirmation on their website says one checked bag is included I expected it to be included. Without that misleading info we would probably have done either carry on or one checked bag paid in advance for cheaper rate. I think they missed this little line in all the website updates they had to do for the policy change. Still, I think they should have honored it.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 11:22 am

I would call Jet Blue CS. It can't hurt. If you had (or still have) the print out and it lists 1 checked bag included they may refund you the checked bag charges.
I agree that it should have been honored if you had proof of it being on their website.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.