Wiki Posts
Search

jetBlue TrueBlue Mosaic

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2015, 8:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium & LT Gold
jetBlue TrueBlue Mosaic

I qualified for Mosaic on Thursday. My account has already updated to reflect the status and I got a Welcome Email from jetBlue. I've heard the 15,000 welcome points take about a week to post. Other than that, the no change/cancellation fee seems pretty good, along with priority security and boarding like most airlines - but nothing else to write home about. I do wish EMS seats were complimentary, even if only 24 hours before flight (or upon check-in) - I have yet to try my luck asking at the gate.

The email also says "Your welcome kit is on the way" - does anyone know how long does it take to arrive, and what does it include?
Old Jul 26, 2015, 10:17 am

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
I've been a Mosaic for three years and never received the 'welcome' kit; maybe I'll get one in 2016. I suspect it includes a bag tag.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 5:47 pm

Programs: True Blue Mosaic,Elevate Gold
Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767
I've been a Mosaic for three years and never received the 'welcome' kit; maybe I'll get one in 2016. I suspect it includes a bag tag.
You are correct, except for the bag tag and a mosaic card, it really is just a kit that explains the benefits.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 12:45 pm

My husband needed 244 points to qualify for Mosaic, he flew this past Friday on Mint, the flight was almost $1000, so he has now qualified for Mosaic. 2 questions, firstly, do you think he'll get recognized as Mosaic by this Wednesday? he's due to fly again then. Secondly, do you think he'll get the bonus Mosaic points of 3 per dollar from the qualifying flight? or when would he qualify, on the following flight or only after he has been recognized as Mosaic?

Last edited by abcm; Jul 27, 2015 at 1:28 pm
Old Jul 27, 2015, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium & LT Gold
Originally Posted by abcm
My husband needed 244 points to qualify for Mosaic, he flew this past Friday on Mint, the flight was almost $1000, so he has now qualified for Mosaic. 2 questions, firstly, do you think he'll get recognized as Mosaic by this Wednesday? he's due to fly again then. Secondly, do you think he'll get the bonus Mosaic points of 3 per dollar from the qualifying flight? or when would he qualify, on the following flight or only after he has been recognized as Mosaic?
I saw my profile update the day I got the email, but the flight takes about 4-5 days to post, so he might not be recognized. He can tell the gate agents though and they may let him board first, but won't be able to use expedited security. I doubt the qualifying flight will earn the Mosaic bonus either.

Last edited by fmisle; Jul 27, 2015 at 1:43 pm
Old Jul 28, 2015, 10:36 am

Thanks...was hoping otherwise.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 12:05 pm

I'm not really seeing any significant benefits with Mosaic...am I wrong?
Old Aug 2, 2015, 5:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by AerOklahoma
Depends on what you personally see as a "significant benefit" when traveling. I couldn't care less about upgrades, particularly on domestic flights. But free changes is a very nice perk for me. I get tremendous value from that. But if you don't change flights often you might not.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by AerOklahoma
Mosaic does have its benefits, but it depends on what you're looking for. The program is not particularly competitive with other loyalty programs with respect to upgrades.

If your schedule is such that you change flights frequently, the elimination of change fees can save significant dollars. If you rarely or never purchase Extra Legroom Seats, the ability to board first is a definite perk, as is the free bag for those that take chances and check bags.

For frequent flyers, however, the benefits are minimal compared to other programs. Mosaic offers no upgrade path - free or paid - to either its Extra Legroom Seats or Mint. If you fly a lot, then, and want the chance to get better seats, Mosaic will not help you.

I've averaged ~85K miles on the carrier for around five years, and seeing colleagues on other carriers repeatedly get upgraded has me looking at giving my business to competitors for the first time. For travel in the Northeast corridor, upgrades are not a big deal. But as a lot of my travel is transcontinental, it would be nice if JetBlue rewarded my loyalty with some path to a better seat as competitors like Virgin America do.

Again, though, it depends on what you're looking for.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by sogrady
For frequent flyers, however, the benefits are minimal compared to other programs.
Only if upgrades is your metric. :-:

But as a lot of my travel is transcontinental, it would be nice if JetBlue rewarded my loyalty with some path to a better seat as competitors like Virgin America do.
Interesting statement given that VX doesn't offer comp upgrades in to its premium cabin for elites.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 5:38 am

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
The benefits of Mosaic for me are:

1. No change fees;
2. Same day flight change confirmation as opposed to stand-by;
3. Quick access to an agent via the Mosaic telephone number. Usually it's less than three minutes whereas with other carriers, the call back option is usually ten forty minutes lately.

As B6 states though, Mosaic isn't a 'status', but rather a 'badge'. I've found myself booking less and less with them.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by sbm12
Interesting statement given that VX doesn't offer comp upgrades in to its premium cabin for elites.
True, but VX does automatically upgrade Gold flyers to their equivalent of ELR, Main Cabin Select. When Mosaic launched, B6 offered 6 complimentary upgrades to ELR - although you could not book them online or at the gate, but through TrueBlue help only. They have not offered any similar upgrades since.

And it's also worth mentioning that I'm not necessarily looking for comped upgrades. VX, for example, does offer discounted pricing for unsold business class seats to Gold/Silver members ahead of the flight, which is again something B6 does not.

So yes, if upgrades to better seating are not of interest, Mosaic is more competitive. If they are, it is not, particularly.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 9:03 am

True, but VX does automatically upgrade Gold flyers to their equivalent of ELR, Main Cabin Select. When Mosaic launched, B6 offered 6 complimentary upgrades to ELR - although you could not book them online or at the gate, but through TrueBlue help only. They have not offered any similar upgrades since.
Yeah, I wish that benefit was still around. It was a great one.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 3:20 pm

I will make Mosaic next week. In their promotions for Mosaic B6 touts using points for EMS seating. This does not appear to be something I can currently do as a non-Mosaic. Is there any real benefit to this or do they price the points for EMS seating so high that it becomes a non-benefit.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by Brattflyer
I will make Mosaic next week. In their promotions for Mosaic B6 touts using points for EMS seating. This does not appear to be something I can currently do as a non-Mosaic. Is there any real benefit to this or do they price the points for EMS seating so high that it becomes a non-benefit.
It is priced at a fixed conversion rate of ~1.2-1.3 cents per point. Not a great value but also not a horrid one. Just depends on what your redemption priorities are overall.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.